Pool Tables In Isaan - Wanted

Geespot

Hi All

I've posted a classified on Thai Visa looking for a pool table but just trying to cover the angles so

I'm wondering if anyone on here or they know in the Isaan Provinces has one for sale or if someone could put me in touch with a supplier

thanks in advance for your help

G

Hi All

I've posted a classified on Thai Visa looking for a pool table but just trying to cover the angles so

I'm wondering if anyone on here or they know in the Isaan Provinces has one for sale or if someone could put me in touch with a supplier

G

I got mine from Phuket Billards. Very good table. Delivered, set up everything. Cheaper than the rest as well. Total cost for Italian slate Pool table (big or small pockets) around 70,000 baht.

Hi All

G

I got mine from Phuket Billards. Very good table. Delivered, set up everything. Cheaper than the rest as well. Total cost for Italian slate Pool table (big or small pockets) around 70,000 baht.

Thanks for the info, I'm in Phuket tomorrow for 4 days so I will look them up

Hey G,

Just about to figure out how to post my table in the classifieds. I am just outside of Kalasin, Issan. I have a 1 year old, hardly used, high quality 8' X 4' coin operated Pool table for sale. U can also just use the keys and open it up to access the balls if it is for personal use. Italian slate, high quality construction, bought in Bangkok new for 69,000 Baht. Delivery to Issan was 10,000 baht for a total of 79,000. I am selling mine for 55,000. Still has plastic coverings on the legs. Don't waste your money on a brand spankin' new one cuz mine is like new and transportation will be much cheaper. Also have a 9' X 4&1/2' premium quality snooker table that I would consider selling if you have any interest in snooker. Snooker table was 125,000, bought it at the same time as the pool table. Pool table comes with balls, cues, rack, table brush just like if you buy it out of a quality billiard shop. I also paid extra for a billiard light that we could bargain over. The name of the big billiard shop in BKK where I bought it escapes me now but if you reply with interest I will reply with the company manufacturer and post photos of the table. Phone 0833375169 if interested.

Gavin.

My advice, as one who has bought and operated tables for years, is to buy the best you can afford and if you are looking at bottom end, wait until you can pay more. Second hand low end tables are worth nothing so there is next to no residual value. Top line tables hold their value very well.

Get a trolly jack as well. You will need it to re-level the table even minutely. Get the installers to show you how to do it and how to fix simple things like stuck balls and chalk down the pockets etc.

Personally, I would buy new. If a top line table is priced significantly below the new price it is either very old (not necessarily bad) or there is some other reason to avoid it.

Check what contract for maintenance you will or can get from your supplier.

If a top line table is priced significantly below the new price it is either very old (not necessarily bad) or there is some other reason to avoid it.

Could be that someone just wants to sell it quickly and not looking to get their entire investment back????? Hmmmmmmmm

• 3 weeks later...
If a top line table is priced significantly below the new price it is either very old (not necessarily bad) or there is some other reason to avoid it.

Could be that someone just wants to sell it quickly and not looking to get their entire investment back????? Hmmmmmmmm

Lots of people have pool tables in their homes. A second hand one that has only had very light use may be worth looking into. Likewise, much depends on whather you need your pool for commercial or private use.

HI there is not much can go wrong with topline pool table if it has italian slate and good quality cloth and most importanly the cushions are in good condition it would not worry me to buy a second hand table and save money if it had all the above

HI there is not much can go wrong with topline pool table if it has italian slate and good quality cloth and most importanly the cushions are in good condition it would not worry me to buy a second hand table and save money if it had all the above

Agreed in principle but most people don't have a clue what they are looking for. I used to work with pool tables in Mallorca for the then 6 times Mallorcian champion and we used to re-level and check everyday. In some ways, pool tables are like digital photo printers, it is the consumables which can cost and that is where people cut corners. Maintenance is key.

You can usually see how well a pool table has been maintained if you just look at the provision of cues and chalk for the customers.

Agreed in principle but most people don't have a clue what they are looking for. I used to work with pool tables in Mallorca for the then 6 times Mallorcian champion and we used to re-level and check everyday. In some ways, pool tables are like digital photo printers, it is the consumables which can cost and that is where people cut corners. Maintenance is key.

You can usually see how well a pool table has been maintained if you just look at the provision of cues and chalk for the customers.

So true but most people are not a mechanic and have no clue what to look for when they buy a used car as well.... But to make a statement saying that someone wanting to sell a pool table at a reduced cost is not worth it is pretty much a dumb statement.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All

G

I don't know any supplier, but I just thought, that most tables has a sticker with the supplier's adress or/and phonenumber. So you might look at the local pubs and gamehalls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Geespot, I have a 2 year old 9ft imported Brunswick Metro table for sale in Bangkok, if you're interested in a nice American table and can't find what you're looking for in Isaan. Please PM me, if interested.

Arkady,

If you still have the table for sale, is it possible to email me some pictures.

<< Use PM for contact information >>

cheers