Treatment for Yeast Infection

monekyface

Hey everyone- My gal has a yeast infection (red and burning and itchy ) and I really want her to get well soon. She is not Thai. I have this medicine that I think is the right stuff but I don't know if it is the best, fastest solution.

ItchMedCream_001.jpg

If anyone can tell me whether there is a better medicine I would be SO grateful! Please, show this picture to your Thai wife or girlfriend and ask if we are using the proper stuff. I have a pharmacy here where I live, but it would be very helpful if you could let me know the Thai word for the stuff. English is of no use at all even for the very simplest of things that I need from the pharmacy.

Thanks so much guys, and I am sure you can sympathize with her (my) plight!

And to your Thai girl that might be able to help: :o

Hey everyone- My gal has a yeast infection (red and burning and itchy p*s*y :o ) and I really want her to get well soon. She is not Thai. I have this medicine that I think is the right stuff but I don't know if it is the best, fastest solution.

If anyone can tell me whether there is a better medicine I would be SO grateful! Please, show this picture to your Thai wife or girlfriend and ask if we are using the proper stuff. I have a pharmacy here where I live, but it would be very helpful if you could let me know the Thai word for the stuff. English is of no use at all even for the very simplest of things that I need from the pharmacy.

Thanks so much guys, and I am sure you can sympathize with her (my) plight!

As a woman she certainly has my sympathies.

What you have is an antifungal prepation meant for use on nails, not a vaginal preparation. It also has a steroid added to it which is not the best idea, and in any case a cream will not fully do the trick as the yeast is inside as well as outside.

She needs vaginal suppositories containing either clotrimazole or nystatin. Readily available under brand names;

Canesten

Clotricin

Clotri V

Caginal

and others

Be sure to get the vaginal suppositiories and not cream, most of these come in both (or can use both suppository and cream, which may be wise if there is a lot of redness externally -- but do not skip the suppositories, as the yeast is breeds especially well inside the vagina.)

This is a very common problem, things that will tend to trigger it include taking antibiotics and wearing tight pants or non-cotton underwear. Women who are very prone to it often do well to just routinely use the suppositories whenever they need to take a course of antibiotics.

Eating fresh yogurt is helpful in both maintaining and restoring the normal balance of bacteria and yeast. (Presence of a small amount of yeast is normal. The problem is when it overgrows. The other normally present bacteria help keep it in check).

She is going to need at least 5 and more likely 7 days of treatment to fully resolve this so start taking a lot of cold showers....

P.S. I have taken the liberty of editing oth thread title and some of your wording in deference to your GF

You will need to take similar measures, otherwise you will just be passing back and forth between you. Canestan as recommended is a good alrounder, but, she can use pessaries pills and cream, you just use cream. Make sure you have your own each stock of medication to stop cross contamination. Most Thai Pharmacies have someone who speaks English, they advise you.

Looks like you'll have to bash the 'Bishop' under the cold shower.................... :o

And, at the risk of being indelicate, do check the smell. A yeasty odor indicates fungus, a fishy odor indicates bacteria. They require different medication to treat. Be aware that treating a bacterial infection can trigger a yeast infection, due to all the good germs being killed along with the bad ones. Oh, and my sympathies to her, it's most unpleasant to have.

• 3 weeks later...

Canesten is in my opinion the best.

Both the vaginal tablet and the cream.

Compared to other brands i think it is mild to the body but still very effective.

Had a few infections during pregnancy and Canesten was the only one I was allowed to use, so I guess it is safe.

The itchyness dissapeared almost at once when I started using the cream.

Good luck, hope your girlfriend is feeling better by now.

/comehome