Best Way To Sell High End Condo In Bkk

I have a outstanding penthouse unit in the soon to be completed Noble Remix on Sukumvit Thong Loh, in BKK and I'm considering selling it before or shortly after completion in this upcoming June. I don't NEED to sell it but it would be nice if I could get 100,000-120,000+ pr SQM. However this would put the the 3br unit in the 16-20million range. I know every agency can flip lil 1-3mill units but not everyone has the clientle to move higher end ones like this.

If anyone has any experiance with these or has any good advice I would be very greatfull to hear from you.

I have a outstanding penthouse unit in the soon to be completed Noble Remix on Sukumvit Thong Loh, in BKK and I'm considering selling it before or shortly after completion in this upcoming June. I don't NEED to sell it but it would be nice if I could get 100,000-120,000+ pr SQM. However this would put the the 3br unit in the 16-20million range. I know every agency can flip lil 1-3mill units but not everyone has the clientle to move higher end ones like this.

If anyone has any experiance with these or has any good advice I would be very greatfull to hear from you.

Well I am sure you will get some very interesting feedback but the market here, like elsewhere, has been fed by very many optimistic people and money flushed foreign co. Unfortunately that is about to go pop and purchases such as yours be heading down towards the 50% level 2nd Q next year if they are to be sold. So if you can find someone to buy at that price snatch his hand off. If not be prepared for the long haula of many years if you wish to off load it.

You will get a lot of "Serves you right" comments from some of the posters here, and you have to pass over them. If you go to prakard.com, you will find some contract holder offering a unit for sale at not an unreasonable price, and surprisingly, two or 3 weeks later, that poster comes back with a comment "Sold". So some are still able to unload their contract in this market. You could try that prakard.com, but better if you could have some Thai speaker to do the posting for you in Thai, if you don't speak or write that language.

If you can hold on and even transfer the unit to your name, your chance of selling it after transfer is enhanced because buyers like to be able to walk into and view the unit directly. I would like to be able to see what A/C's are installed, what the kitchen cabinet looks like, what the toilet looks like, and what the view is like. I have a 60 sq meter unit on the 12th floor, and I will transfer that unit. Because of its convenient location to the Thong Lo BTS station, I will likely move into that unit myself.

If you really wish to unload your contract now, you could try some of the larger and smaller agencies but they will all tell you that the market is very slow, even dead now, so I think you will be just wasting your time dealing with the RE agents. In addition to prakard.com, the local Thais also frequent pantip.com.

You might also go to the Noble sales office on site, and talk to the young ladies there. They might be able to give you some ideas, especially if you offer them some incentive in the event their lead results in a sale for you.

I think trying to sell an off plan 20 million baht condo will prove rather difficult at the moment. I think the buyers at the moment need to see for them selves the property before committing any cash. I think my biggest fear would be buying an incomplete condo then the project stalling due to lack of cash. You say you do not need to sell so I would suggest waiting till it is finished then try again.

prakard is probably the best way, and i would go ahead and put it on a website and list it in the bkkpost for direct buyers. last option is to approach noble and sell it back to them at cost. remix is a great location, but i would not classify it as high end when at 120k you can get units at park chidlom or plaza athenee. as you infer, remix is mostly smaller units target at single urbanites and ther are probably very few buyers for the larger penthouse unit, especially in this environment.

Sensible responses, I'm happy to see. Except from Midas, of course, though I am delighted to see he managed a post in Real Estate without mentioning his favourite referee. Perhaps someone can give Midas the money to buy a condo, then he'll no longer be jealous and <deleted>.

Sensible responses, I'm happy to see. Except from Midas, of course, though I am delighted to see he managed a post in Real Estate without mentioning his favourite referee. Perhaps someone can give Midas the money to buy a condo, then he'll no longer be jealous and <deleted>.

thanks richm but i am more than happy with the properties I own in more

mature markets - not in this Disneyland

And incidentally - dis you work out what a " statutory referee " is all about or

you still ignorant ? :o

Edited by midas

I have a penthouse unit in Noble Remix on Sukumvit Thong Lo... I'm considering selling it before or shortly after completion in this upcoming June...it would be nice if I could get 100,000-120,000+ pr SQM. However this would put the the 3br unit in the 16-20million range.

...the market here, like elsewhere, has been fed by very many optimistic people and money flushed foreign co. Unfortunately that is about to go pop and purchases such as yours be heading down towards the 50% level 2nd Q next year if they are to be sold.

No no you got the Thai real property market all wrong! Are we not always told (especially by Nigel Cornick) that property prices never go down in LOS and that condo prices (unlike trees) actually do grow to the sky! No, the smart thing to do is to hold-on to the unit for a year and sell it for 20% more per sq meter than you paid for it...after all, prices never go down in Thailand (unlike every other property market in the world)!

I really like that idea of asking Noble to take the unit off your hands...try that one and see how far you get or how fast prices CAN fall in Thailand :o

I would agree that Noble is not know for high-end developments and unless the Square-Faced One is looking for a pad for a new gik...it's unlikely you'll find any buyers for a B 20M condo in the "trendy" Thong Lo area. As to the nice Noble office ladies, I'm sure they would be happy to take it off your hands and love you long-time for it...just sign it over and they'll even waive any sin-sot :D

I have a penthouse unit in Noble Remix on Sukumvit Thong Lo... I'm considering selling it before or shortly after completion in this upcoming June...it would be nice if I could get 100,000-120,000+ pr SQM. However this would put the the 3br unit in the 16-20million range.

...the market here, like elsewhere, has been fed by very many optimistic people and money flushed foreign co. Unfortunately that is about to go pop and purchases such as yours be heading down towards the 50% level 2nd Q next year if they are to be sold.

No no you got the Thai real property market all wrong! Are we not always told (especially by Nigel Cornick) that property prices never go down in LOS and that condo prices (unlike trees) actually do grow to the sky! No, the smart thing to do is to hold-on to the unit for a year and sell it for 20% more per sq meter than you paid for it...after all, prices never go down in Thailand (unlike every other property market in the world)!

I really like that idea of asking Noble to take the unit off your hands...try that one and see how far you get or how fast prices CAN fall in Thailand :o

I would agree that Noble is not know for high-end developments and unless the Square-Faced One is looking for a pad for a new gik...it's unlikely you'll find any buyers for a B 20M condo in the "trendy" Thong Lo area. As to the nice Noble office ladies, I'm sure they would be happy to take it off your hands and love you long-time for it...just sign it over and they'll even waive any sin-sot :D

Are you listening richm7 ? :D

• 1 month later...

whats the deal with this project? the work seems to have just stopped for like a month and its a year plus behind already. have they started paying you interest?

fwiw, i think you can sell at those prices but for a big room like this itll be harder as you have said.

Edited by dave9988

Try an estate agent - when I started looking in Bangkok I found

http://www.hamptons.co.th/

They are actually quite good

I heard the new owner kicked all staff and didn´t pay out salaries and commissions and are now facing court.....

Pretty reliable source I heard it from...

The website has properties for sale and rent that have been sitting there for 6- 18 months , with very high prices ,and not

moving at all from what i could see

• 1 month later...

Are you listening richm7 ? :D

Yes, of course. I always listen. Even to idiots.

Huey, any luck on selling your unit mate?

Please give us an update

• 4 months later...

Huey, any luck on selling your unit mate?

Please give us an update

Thank you guys who said check out www.prakard.com I tried everywhere else but on prakard I sold directly to the buyer ( a lovely Thai couple) for a small but very timely profit.

Huey, great that you were able to sell thru prakard.com. So, what do you think are the relative values of comments made by me and others who suggested using prakard or pantip or even the ladies at the Noble sales office vs. the sarcastic comments made by people like Midas, Meetjohndoe, etc?

The most relevant comment was from the one who told Midas -- <deleted>.

Huey, since you've sold your unit, do you mind letting us know the relevant details of your sale, so that we can get a reading on the market? Floor, size of unit, which unit if you care to divulge, and selling price, either in whole or on a per sq meter basis. And whatever you care to tell us about the buyers -- intend to use for themselves, from out of Bangkok, or for weekday use to reduce their commute, or whatever.

It would help. Thanks.

Just saw that it was a 3 BR penthouse, but the actual sales price per sqm would be very interesting.

Edited by tangoll

On the current market for what its worth i am aware of two condos that have just been sold post transfer in the Athenee,both sized around 190+ a bit sqm and freehold ; one for a little over 120psqm and one, on a lower floor ,for a little under 120psqm. I learned this from the person in charge of transfers for the building so pretty sure its kosher. Given the building and location that must be somewhere close to the top price for a bangkok condo at the moment