Airport Problems Again

Lost in LOS

my friend is in town and we are waiting for his girlfriend to come down from up north to Suvarnabhumi and she has been there for two hours. the guards wont let people out saying there are problems amongst the taxi drivers or something like that. she thinks fighting but not sure, my girlfriend has been talking to her but cant get the whole story. we have been checking thai news and just got the end of something on channel 7 about the airport but missed it.

I hope these idiots arent doing something bad again at the airport, that will sink thailand

I sure hope this works out quickly

Edited by jimmys

there is no room in the tiny arrivals area to hold thousands people - there is some space yet before the emmigration, on the corridors along the lenghty walkways. I don't think it's major and surely there can allow people to take airport busses and the shuttle bus to the communication centre

Last time I was at the Airport a few weeks before the 'seige' there were a lot of restrictions on where you could go, which exits to use etc.., for no apparent reason that I could see. When I asked the officials why they just replied that they didn't know why. It took me two hours to meet up with my elderly parents who were 200 mtrs away from me all the time.

They were funnelling all the arrivals through one Door to the Taxi's and you just couldn't get to them. There's something very dodgy going on with the Taxi's at the new airport in my opinion. Its just a complete shambles. Its probably more of the same Sh*t and nothing to worry about.

I think I'll get my parents to land at another regional Hub next time they come to spare my sanity.

I was there a couple of hours ago in departure and also arrivals areas. It was business as usual so far as i could see.

I did notice that there were quite big teams of workers fixing and resurfacing the (non-existant or i'll sue you to hel_l)runway cracks and taxiway cracks. Dont think that is causing too much delays though.

Last time I was at the Airport a few weeks before the 'seige' there were a lot of restrictions on where you could go, which exits to use etc.., for no apparent reason that I could see. When I asked the officials why they just replied that they didn't know why. It took me two hours to meet up with my elderly parents who were 200 mtrs away from me all the time.

They were funnelling all the arrivals through one Door to the Taxi's and you just couldn't get to them. There's something very dodgy going on with the Taxi's at the new airport in my opinion. Its just a complete shambles. Its probably more of the same Sh*t and nothing to worry about.

I think I'll get my parents to land at another regional Hub next time they come to spare my sanity.

Yes you do that.

I pick up clients at the airport at least once a week and when you come through customs you can turn left or right. The problems occur when the visitor turns right and you are waiting on the left.

Even with the most explicit instructions this still happens. but the is a meeting point by door 3 which helps.

Apart for the blockade I have seen no other problems

Well! Come on, Jimmy.

What happened in the end??

Did she escape from the airport? Did the guards physically restrain her? We want to know the end of the story. You can't just go posting 'scoops' on a new airport disruption and then disappear.

Of course there is room for thousands of people in the airport. For a small consultancy fee, the PAD can show the guards where to put them all, and quite comfortably and for a significant amount of time.

I have heard from the man that sorts out my taxi bookings for airport runs that the driver is this time asking for an airport fee, 50-60 Baht. Never been asked for this before, I will see if this is related later on.

I have heard from the man that sorts out my taxi bookings for airport runs that the driver is this time asking for an airport fee, 50-60 Baht. Never been asked for this before, I will see if this is related later on.

with bangkok quieter than a morge, i suggest its a buyer's market and no premiums should be paid to go to the airport.

Arriving at swampy is awful you cannot just go out from international arrivals at door 9 and cross the road you have to trawl down to door 3 to meet anyone, bloody ridiculous!!! Just what u need after a 13 hour flight. people who come to meet you cannot get down to door 9 either only to door 3.

my friend is in town and we are waiting for his girlfriend to come down from up north to Suvarnabhumi and she has been there for two hours. the guards wont let people out saying there are problems amongst the taxi drivers or something like that. she thinks fighting but not sure, my girlfriend has been talking to her but cant get the whole story. we have been checking thai news and just got the end of something on channel 7 about the airport but missed it.

I hope these idiots arent doing something bad again at the airport, that will sink thailand

I sure hope this works out quickly

Jimmy appears to have come unstuck. Late candidate for Thai Visa false report award 2008?

Guess the guy's picture of a dead head was a big clue. :o:D:D

That was standard always at the arrivals floor, but you are right that they have begun charging at departure floor also. Until recently you could skip the 50 baht fee by going there and flagging a cab, but recently they started charging. I was told it was 'security' who now wanted 50 baht to let the taxis wait at departure floor. Sad to say this is another annoyance in an airport that already operates amateurish.