Merry Festivities Ladies :)

Nampeung

Posting this a bit late, oops, but it would be nice to hear what all of you are doing out there in the real world :D

I am spending the day at home with my teenage son. Small traditional mixed with Thai food dinner and lots of Wallace and Grommit movies - candles lit and fire flickering - chilled wine - chocolate and port... oh and cheese of course

Merry Christmas to you all :o

Edited by Nampeung

Merry Christmas Nampeung!

Your Chritmas sounds lovelly.

I am not really in the real world - I am working aboard a ship offshore Nigeria, counting the days until I can go back to my island and my man in Thailand.

We just had a Christmas Eve dinner in the mess, which has been decorated to the max by the guys. The cooks put on a heap of food, non-alcoholic wine, grapes (yay!), chocolate, cakes and a heap of carved fruit displays, including watermelons with reindeer and santas face carved into them.

Everyone is trying to get hold of the phone to call home too.

We will have a kind of secret santa present thing tomorrow after lunch for Christmas Day.

And then there is the Karaoke going in the Little Manila dayroom.

I have been daydreaming about Christmas in Koh Lanta last year - after a day diving we had Christmas Eve dinner on the beach with the dive shop. Most people went to a dinner on a beach and a lot of the resturants and hotels set off fireworks. Went diving Christmas day, with leopard sharks, turtles and sea snakes at my favourite spot at Bida.

Would have loved to have been there this year too..

Happy New Year too :o

Here in Bangkok we are having a big birthday party all day for my Thai brother in law - whole cow on the spit, food galore, people galore and plenty of "refreshments" We are combining that with Christmas celebrations as we have got visitors from both Greece and Australia. I think its going to be one to remember!

Merry Christmas and a safe and healthy New Year everybody

Just opened my sons presents, he's still a bit poorly after having a convulsion last week & being in hospital so we are just having a cuddle on the sofa watching teletubbies.

Later my mum, stepdad, sister & niece will come over to open more presents then to my sisters for dinner with some more family members. Will be 5 generations around the table today. Later back home, sofa, bottle of wine, chocolates & whatever tv tat is on the television. Bliss.

hanuka for us and for me and anon work as usual, the youngest is on school break so working with the babies on the kibbutz, eldest daughter got 3 day break from army so is lounging around on the sofa and complaining about the army, and son went on outdoor trip to the desert even in the cold and rain (part of pre army/volunteer program) and came back only today...

mostly a kids' holiday but those fat jelly filled donuts every where, i can never resist the good fresh smell but regret immediatly when i eat one with all the oil....

ive been here for 24 years and still find it wierd not having christmas stuff around me and having the 24/5 of december as regular days just like any other.

well, happy holidays to those that do it...

bina

israel