Do The Police Really Care In Chiang Mai

november222

Do you really need an anwer to this question? Purlease!

Thailand is a country as an international courtesy only. Thailand really is an amusement park run by mafia. Mafia in brown uniforms. Mafia in plain clothes. Mafia in positions of authority.

If you get into trouble here, DO NOT call the police, or you risk being the one going to jail - be it a road accident, a robbery or any other matter.

As long as you understand that you have left the world of civility and social evolution behind and are swimming in a sewer of criminality and stupidity you can have a good time. It's called a vacation.

Best post of late ... Although I am sure you will have the dissenters now come out of the coconut wood to shoot you down. Thailand is a country run by mafia, whether it be the BIB's or Government bureaucrats or big business. It is a country built on those having power and authority abusing that power to the detriment of their fellow country man. Corruption has well and truly destroyed this country. It has kept the rich very rich and the poor very poor.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

latest update. the tourist police have taken statements ,recorded info, and have photos of the lost guitar, and by all accounts very sympathetic to the situation,hopefully there will be a happy ending :o

Let's hope so. Then we can look forward to a big party and a truly heartfelt rendition of  Stolen Guitar Blues as sung by the famous(?) Fankhauser Cassidy Band. 

I'm feeling Oh so lonesome,

You were my best friend,

and I just don't feel right

I wonder where you are

and who's holding you tonight....

I can see it now, not a dry eye in the house!!!

In fact, I'm getting a bit weepy myself now. Excuse me, I'll have to go.........

Edited by KevinHUNT

Thailand is a country as an international courtesy only. Thailand really is an amusement park run by mafia. Mafia in brown uniforms. Mafia in plain clothes. Mafia in positions of authority.

If you get into trouble here, DO NOT call the police, or you risk being the one going to jail - be it a road accident, a robbery or any other matter.

As long as you understand that you have left the world of civility and social evolution behind and are swimming in a sewer of criminality and stupidity you can have a good time. It's called a vacation.

That's brilliant!! Great metaphor. You must love it here.

Some of us have Thai wives, and friends and maybe see things differently.

But so long as you're happy.....

Edited by KevinHUNT

good on you Kevin...

sewer of criminality

Thats how i feel when i think of the 'civilised' west, having blown up this financial bubble... raked in billions in profits, priced out generations across farangland, bankrupted countless... then landed average joe with the bill payable over the next 5? years (with interest)!!

Now THATS criminal!

Im starting to see Thailand as a microcosm of the world... We have coup's just like Thailand does, except that we dont notice because both sides are run by the same people, they just change the bloody name. The amount of money US/Western politicians recieve from the military/industrial complex makes Thaksin look like Ghandi!

Back in love with Thailand now.

Edited by UKWEBPRO

Kevin Hunt,

I myself have a Thai wife - I have Thai friends, and yes I love Thailand, but what the poster has said is 100% correct. Thailand is a sewer of criminality and stupidity. It is the combination of these things that has caused this once proud nation to become tinkering on the borders of being a failed state.

You unfortunately must be one of the many on the long list of denial... If this country wasn't as the poster said, you, me and hundred of thousands of other farangs would not be here.

You are confusing the role of the police in developed nations with the role of the police in corrupt third world nations. This is as follows.

To serve the interests of the current holders of power

To serve the interests of senior police officers

To serve the interests of the policemen themselves and immediate friends and family.

These goals are to be achieved in spite of whatever the law says. Enrichment is a key component.

Solving crimes is only a consideration in that it does not hinder or can assist in one of the 3 goals listed above.

So in the case of the stolen guitar, if the owner offered a reward for returning the guitar, that would satisfy the third goal. If some of that reward was bunged upstairs, that would help the second goal.

Hope this helps you to understand what the police's role here is.

Someone has posted a gratuitous picture of a girl who might not be wearing underwear! :D

I've actually already examined the picture using a high tech undwear detecting program and have actually established that she is wearing a tiny little G. :o

Kevin Hunt,

I myself have a Thai wife - I have Thai friends, and yes I love Thailand, but what the poster has said is 100% correct. Thailand is a sewer of criminality and stupidity. It is the combination of these things that has caused this once proud nation to become tinkering on the borders of being a failed state.

You unfortunately must be one of the many on the long list of denial... If this country wasn't as the poster said, you, me and hundred of thousands of other farangs would not be here.

Nobody knows my views better than me. My view is ...

If this country was as the poster said, me and hundred of thousands of other farangs would not be here.

In almost 20 years I've never had my house, business or  car broken into. I've never had so much as a 'who are you looking at' from any Thai, and I am treated with great courtesy and respect by the vast majority. Politicians and police are the same the world over. Day to day living in Thailand is a joy. 

I don't consider myself unfortunate, even if you do. :o

As regards to that excellent metaphor. I can't swim that well, but my tennis is okay.

I would have said 'I am serve-and-volleying on a carpet of grass on a centre-court of civility and respect. :D

Anyway, I can't sit here all day 'playing on the computer' (as my wife calls it) I've got a pub to run (no names, remember).

our bar is usually a very safe place,most of our customers our locals ,on christmas day we celebrated our second birthday,the bar was in full swing,the man in question had been causing problems all night, grabbing waitress ass' generally looking for a fight, we were all aware of him,and had one or two of the 'doorman' kind of lads on stand by,it was during the change over of bands that it happened, the guitar was in it's case by the side of the stage,wih so many people involved in the change over,he saw his opportunity,as theives do,and was off with it,when the next band was on , we were all relieved to see him go, not thinking he'd walked out with the guitar, one or two people outside could remember seeing him walk out with the guitar,but at the time thought nothing of it as you see many musicians in chiang mai walking around with their guitar. the two men who he was with were in again last night and couldn't believe it, this man who i believe now was from singapore had latched on to them during the evening,and in high spirts went along with it, they had told him throughout the evening to calm himself down,as he was causing trouble, they met up again later and ended going back to his room for a jam and some after hours drinking, he told them it was his guitar and the two aussie guys thought nothing of it, it wasn't until they came back in last night that we pieced it together, the two guys took time out of their last night in chiang mai to go go down to the police station to help with enquiries,two other customers who saw him leaving with the guitar also went down to the police station.

Let me count the ways that this makes no sense to me whatsoever:

1) "Man in question had been causing problems all night" - <deleted> did you allow a customer who caused problems to stay inside your establishment for? You want to loose other reputable customers who are being pissed off and provoked by this one person let alone having employees being harassed?

2) "Had one or two of the 'doorman' kind lads on stand by" - I guess these 'one or two' guys were not paying much attention to the one guy who was causing problems all night very well. I suggest you find one or two lads who would do a better job.

3) "Ended up going back to his room for a jam and some after hours drinking" - Then I guess these two guys could lead you, or the police, directly to where this guy was staying.......and the stolen guitar....hmmmmm

BTW, when I was younger I used to roadie for a few local bands and when doing so I can tell you that the members of the bands that I knew then always knew where their instruments were. If they were not playing and happen to be sitting at a table, or at the bar having a drink they kept a distant eye on their 'precious' ones... They would even tell me when they went to the pisser to keep an eye out as we all knew in nightclubs with it being somewhat dimly lit it was an easy target for thieves.

Kind of reminds me when I travel and place my laptop and other personal items on the x-ray scanner. I wait to see my goods go into the x-ray machine before I pass through the metal detector.. (e.g. Sort of walk as my things move through.) This way nobody has a chance to take them from behind or run off with them before I get through. And yes, I have had a few TSA folks frown at me when they tell me to move through the metal detector and I say, 'no' that I am waiting for my things to enter the x-ray machine......

our bar is usually a very safe place,most of our customers our locals ,on christmas day we celebrated our second birthday,the bar was in full swing,the man in question had been causing problems all night, grabbing waitress ass' generally looking for a fight, we were all aware of him,and had one or two of the 'doorman' kind of lads on stand by,it was during the change over of bands that it happened, the guitar was in it's case by the side of the stage,wih so many people involved in the change over,he saw his opportunity,as theives do,and was off with it,when the next band was on , we were all relieved to see him go, not thinking he'd walked out with the guitar, one or two people outside could remember seeing him walk out with the guitar,but at the time thought nothing of it as you see many musicians in chiang mai walking around with their guitar. the two men who he was with were in again last night and couldn't believe it, this man who i believe now was from singapore had latched on to them during the evening,and in high spirts went along with it, they had told him throughout the evening to calm himself down,as he was causing trouble, they met up again later and ended going back to his room for a jam and some after hours drinking, he told them it was his guitar and the two aussie guys thought nothing of it, it wasn't until they came back in last night that we pieced it together, the two guys took time out of their last night in chiang mai to go go down to the police station to help with enquiries,two other customers who saw him leaving with the guitar also went down to the police station.

Let me count the ways that this makes no sense to me whatsoever:

1) "Man in question had been causing problems all night" - <deleted> did you allow a customer who caused problems to stay inside your establishment for? You want to loose other reputable customers who are being pissed off and provoked by this one person let alone having employees being harassed?

2) "Had one or two of the 'doorman' kind lads on stand by" - I guess these 'one or two' guys were not paying much attention to the one guy who was causing problems all night very well. I suggest you find one or two lads who would do a better job.

3) "Ended up going back to his room for a jam and some after hours drinking" - Then I guess these two guys could lead you, or the police, directly to where this guy was staying.......and the stolen guitar....hmmmmm

BTW, when I was younger I used to roadie for a few local bands and when doing so I can tell you that the members of the bands that I knew then always knew where their instruments were. If they were not playing and happen to be sitting at a table, or at the bar having a drink they kept a distant eye on their 'precious' ones... They would even tell me when they went to the pisser to keep an eye out as we all knew in nightclubs with it being somewhat dimly lit it was an easy target for thieves.

Kind of reminds me when I travel and place my laptop and other personal items on the x-ray scanner. I wait to see my goods go into the x-ray machine before I pass through the metal detector.. (e.g. Sort of walk as my things move through.) This way nobody has a chance to take them from behind or run off with them before I get through. And yes, I have had a few TSA folks frown at me when they tell me to move through the metal detector and I say, 'no' that I am waiting for my things to enter the x-ray machine......

....& i thought you were going to tell us the 'story' about how they did that rubber glove, internal examination last time you went thru! :o

i try not to Say much beside trying to solve the problem .

CCTV set up can be done in many way .

you can easily Hide the Main unit away . if you just Buy Extra Cable .

-

One good way is your ceiling have partition board .

is to cable the Unit up into the ceiling and hide it there .

At least that i know some do >

- Use a Infran Unit which do not have Cable , making harder to FInd the Master unit .

- Multi Unit - as the system is cheap nowaday . you may consider 2-3 unit .

- Try to use smart way to Hid the Cam . ( not in the toilet please )

There is Black mirror which you can hide it making it look like a simple deco .

There is also _ Pin Hole cam which is small and hard to spot - unless you go about telling everyone you installed one and show where is it . ( then you are to be blame for your big mouth )

--

For your Info i have a 3 Fender Guitar . and when i finish playing it , i alway Put it right back into the BOX .

Not on the sofa , not on the CHair and NEVER aginst the wall .

--

Like i alway do i like to end it with some words i learn in my life .

Someone said about losing LOVE One or Item .

-

well look at it this way .

If you love it SET it FREE .

-- In this case the chances of it coming back is kinda Slim ..

p.s thai hoodies - just love them :)can i have two to go

Edited by Ta22

urrghh english hoodies

chav8kf.jpg

thai hoodies

silver-white-hoody.jpg

Now there aint no counter arguement for that! :wai:

What do you mean? I like the top one, she is waving at me.......... :o:D:D:D

That's a "she" ?? :D

Yes, that is what they are producing in 'Great' Britain these days. Sad isn't it!

Fortunately, where I come from the women look like this. :P

post-67218-1230375218_thumb.jpg

GDP, reakons the thai hoodie is a LB... :o No Way!

There aint no fishing tackle hanging under that HOOD! Ohh & if its been chopped off....then you know what they say >>>>> the one you knock back the one you don't get! :D

Edited by neverdie

Yes, that is what they are producing in 'Great' Britain these days. Sad isn't it!

Fortunately, where I come from the women look like this. :o

Jennifer Love Hewitt is a cutie, but perhaps not entirely indicative of the USA? Just to add some balance, a few more US girls :

post-41071-1230385213_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gravelrash

thats really good dingdongrb,but remember you can lose your child in the blink of an eye no matter how careful you are.I remember losing my son(he was 5 at the time)in a shopping centre,was panic stricken but found him 5 minutes later.........its not a nice feeling

No it's not... been there :o

Jennifer Love Hewitt is a cutie, but perhaps not entirely indicative of the USA? Just to add some balance, a few more US girls :

...and a few more of what the UK has to offer.....

post-46350-1230387376_thumb.jpg

post-46350-1230387388_thumb.jpg

post-46350-1230387400_thumb.jpg

post-46350-1230387411_thumb.jpg

post-46350-1230387420_thumb.jpg

Saw a group 'o Russkies at Chiang Mai Ram yesterday looked just like this.... :D