I Need To Give Away A Nice Dog

JerryO

post-70742-1230361584_thumb.jpg

I have 3 dogs in Pattaya area. I added the third one about 8 months ago but she doesn't get along with the two other dogs. she is a Thai soi dog, maybe 1 year old, female, perfect health. very loving and friendly except around other dogs. i cant jeopardize the safety of the other dogs any longer as she has become agressive to them. but she isn't that way to people at all. she really is very gentle, almost perfect in every other way.

is there any kind of dog shelter in the area? i saw that Tony's Gym had some kind of dog facility but is it one where i can leave a dog? i would be willing to pay a fee if they can take care of her. anyone know about this?

if not, is anyone interested in this dog? it really breaks my heart to even post this because she is a great dog. great for security, and she has the softest fur too! she loves affection and attention and she gives lots back. she was a soi dog, i just took her in from a litter of puppies on the street but i have decided it wont work out anymore with the other 2 existing dogs.

ready to entertain any suggestions or ideas. thanks for considering.

post-70742-1230361693_thumb.jpg

Edited by JerryO

Tony has a dog sanctuary that you can take the dog to, on 331 highway heading south, not far from Plautalung you will see it signposted on the left.

I'm confuset, is it not Highway 36? I thougt 331 is going direction Chasensao Kabinburi. I would like to know where is it. I use to visit this dogs every sunday when they was at Jomtien, near Restaurant Puppen. I wonder wher they go.

i'm confused too cause Tony's map from the website shows highway 331 being parallel to Sukumvit highway 3.

331 is parralel to Sukhumvit, 36 goes to Rayong. Easiest way is to go left on Sukhumvit at Na Jomtien junction to Huay Yai, keep going straight till you come to 331 and take a right, just carry on that road and you will come to it on the left side.

I can't comment personally but a friend of mine gave a dog to Tony's and went back to check on it after a month or two and was horrifed at the state of it - apparently it had lost loads of weight and looked in a bad way. He felt terrible.

If you care about the dog I'd suggest you take a look at the condition of the other dogs there first before making a decison. I don't want to slag the place off because if it's done right what he's doing is a really good thing, and it could be that my mate's dog was the exception to the rule. Just a word of caution.

If you go there I'd be very interested to hear your report of the place.

Yeah a really nice place to bring your dog!!

Probably better to shoot the dog, so she doesn't have to spend her life in hel_l!

There are so many dogs together. Off course they gonna fight for the food or whatever. Tonys place is only temporary. They catching street dogs, put them there and hope to find someone who comes, choice a dog for take care. But i'm worry, because they have to many dogs and not every dog will get a new home. Maybe only 10% of them are lucky to find a new master. So what will happen with the other dogs?

Look Tonys does a great job.... of course pretty low standard, but you dont see Pattaya authorities doing anything?? Tonys looks after upwards of 1300 dogs, so of course the dogs have a hard time there, and unfortunately many have to be put down, but lets face it, if you took a bad street dog to a UK dog sanctuary it would be put down straight away. Better would be to support Tonys by way of food, pet medicine contributions.

Remember, this is a free sanctuary

Merry Xmas, Happy New Year :o