Thaksin Supporters To Rally During Two-day Parliament Meeting

george

captad0500106ade4fb5b9feae625530b24.jpg

Red Shirt protesters on a previous occasion

Red Shirt Protesters Promise to Let MPs into Parliament

Key leaders of pro-PTP or the red shirt protesters have surrounded Parliament and have said MPs will be allowed to enter Parliament via the Pichai Rd entrance.

If MPs decided to travel to Parliament, they'll be force to park near Chart Thai party and make their way on foot to Parliament. However the Democrats are concerned about the safety of Party MPs, fearing a repeat of violent attacks against non-PTP MPs when PM Abhisit Vejjajiva was voted as premier.

TOC / 2008-12-29

Again with a picture that is old and not part of the story :o

I'll understand if you've forgotten this part of the story... afterall, it has been 14 days.

I have not forgotten, but come on.... You think the PAD was peaceful yet when they occupied the government house the PM and MP's did not meet their for fears of violence.... No body in their right mind would go into a building surrounded by protestors..... especially in a country were the police can't seem to control protestors....

All of that is niether here nor there, you posted an image that did not belong to the story in an attempt to make it look like part of the story.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key leaders of pro-PTP or the red shirt protesters have surrounded Parliament and have said MPs will be allowed to enter Parliament via the Pichai Rd entrance.

If MPs decided to travel to Parliament, they'll be force to park near Chart Thai party and make their way on foot to Parliament. However the Democrats are concerned about the safety of Party MPs, fearing a repeat of violent attacks against non-PTP MPs when PM Abhisit Vejjajiva was voted as premier.

TOC / 2008-12-29

I'll understand if you've forgotten this part of the story... afterall, it has been 14 days.

I have not forgotten, but come on.... You think the PAD was peaceful yet when they occupied the government house the PM and MP's did not meet their for fears of violence.... No body in their right mind would go into a building surrounded by protestors..... especially in a country were the police can't seem to control protestors....

All of that is niether here nor there, you posted an image that did not belong to the story in an attempt to make it look like part of the story.

That would occur only to those that couldn't comprehend "on a previous occasion"....

That would occur only to those that couldn't comprehend "on a previous occasion"....

you are right that would occur to those that couldn't comprehend "on a previous occasion", it would also occur to those that glanced over the images caption as many people do....

But we all know that was your intension with posting the old images with a stories about todays protest...

Lets see if you ever post a story about the PAD with an image of the GUN SHOOTING that has a caption "Image from past occurance" :o

you are right that would occur to those that couldn't comprehend "on a previous occasion", it would also occur to those that glanced over the images caption as many people do....

But we all know that was your intension with posting the old images with a stories about todays protest...

Lets see if you ever post a story about the PAD with an image of the GUN SHOOTING that has a caption "Image from past occurance" :o

What on earth are you going on about? :D

SJ has shown a photo which clearly shows that it is from a previous occasion,although it has significant bearing on current events.

If you cannot be bothered to read all the info given to you, dont come on here crying about people trying to mislead the masses :D

Here we go again... I am sure that one of the red shirts protesting today was wearing a yellow shirt at the airport the other week !! The joke continues.

:o

Yes and no.

On the surface it may seem the same, just a reversal of shirt colour :D. However the big differences are the red protesters are in opposition to the military (et al can't .....) and not supported by them and secondly, boundless funding may or may not be available for the reds as it was for the yellow protesters.

These are fundamental differences in Thai politics, can you count on the army (et al can't .....) and how much money do you have. They will radically affect the outcome.

Edited by Briggsy

........edited.....

For the sake of it, or to justify in reverse what the red shirts are celebrating on the cars of members of the newly formed parliament?

Isn't it the same, just reverse?

isn't it now very much down to "tit for tat"?

What you did, we can do?

And now advocating that "they did the same, didn't they"? and with this, trying to rectify the aggressive behavior of the reds?

I never had the impression that the yellow shirts have been remotely aggressive as the reds!

Well, is the red shirts club genuinely only demonstrating their "democratic rights" or are they out to create mayhem?

and remember the days of airport closures and parliament occupation are over!

now the red shirts have their turn.....let's see what use they will make of it, or may the just get tired and go home after the holidays?

There is the rumor that the "phone-in" in Khon Kaen didn't attract as many as antcipated, maybe support and interest is dwindling....maybe...just a thought or two!

Edited by Samuian

Here we go again... I am sure that one of the red shirts protesting today was wearing a yellow shirt at the airport the other week !! The joke continues.

:o

Yes and no.

On the surface it may seem the same, just a reversal of shirt colour :D. However the big differences are the red protesters are in opposition to the military (et al can't .....) and not supported by them and secondly, boundless funding may or may not be available for the reds as it was for the yellow protesters.

These are fundamental differences in Thai politics, can you count on the army (et al can't .....) and how much money do you have. They will radically affect the outcome.

This is particularly important today and is basically why the red shirts unlike the yellow have not allowed the new government a while to function before going over the top. There are quite a number fo people sayibng let them govern before judging them and of course that is the politcally savvy thing to do if you are a red shirt and want to increase support. However, Thaksin's relevent financial situation has changed and he is losing politcal allies and financial backers are changing sides. If Thaksin doesnt pull a big one off now his ability to play politics is going to be over soon. A look at polical and financial allies that have changed sides is very very revealing.

Mind-reading my "intension" is among your abilities now?

If a description of a photo is put on post and that description isn't read by a poster that somehow isn't the issue?

btw, in case you are unaware, any and all posters are encouraged to post a story. If I post a news story, it often reflects my personal opinion. That reality pretty much extends to all stories posted by non-admin/mods. If you could point out any posts of a news story that is contrary to your personal opinion, please do so.

It's not really any different from poster's choice of photos to use with their avatars. :D

..You think the PAD was peaceful yet when they occupied the government house the PM and MP's did not meet their for fears of violence.... No body in their right mind would go into a building surrounded by protestors.....

When PAD blockaded the parliament for the first time police used teargas to clear the entrances and let MPs in, and the session proceeded as planned.

Edited by Plus

........edited.....

For the sake of it, or to justify in reverse what the red shirts are celebrating on the cars of members of the newly formed parliament?

What you did, we can do?

And now advocating that "they did the same, didn't they"? and with this, trying to rectify the aggressive behavior of the reds?

I never had the impression that the yellow shirts have been remotely aggressive as the reds!

Well, is the red shirts club genuinely only demonstrating their "democratic rights" or are they out to create mayhem?

now the red shirts have their turn.....let's see what use they will make of it, or may the just get tired and go home after the holidays?

There is the rumor that the "phone-in" in Khon Kaen didn't attract as many as antcipated, maybe support and interest is dwindling....maybe...just a thought or two!

Not for the sake of it or tit for tat, If he did I would call him out on that as well. I was trying to point out that he would not do it for the PAD articles, and he should not do it for the RED articles.... Pictures should match the articles.

And if you look at my posts you would see that I don't try to rectify the aggressive behavior of anyone, look at my posts when the reds threw the bricks.... I said they should be arrested..... Just as the PAD should be....

Policy debate delayed to 5pm : Chai

The Nation Dec 29, 2008

House speaker Chai Chidchob further delayed government policy debate from 2pm to 5 pm after negotiation with red shirt protesters who blocked the Parliament failed.

Chai said it was still not safe although leaders of the protesters promised agreed to set a way for MPs and senators to go into the Parliament's compound.

"We had bad experience when the red shirt protesters blocked the Parliament on December 15. So I decide to delay the debate to 5pm," Chai said.

Chai was referring to December 15 when the parliament voted for the prime minister and Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva won the votes.

Red shirt protesters who surrounded the Parliament threw stones at vehicles leaving the Parliament. Some people were injured when the protesters threw items at them.

Chai said on Monday that if the MPs or senators use the way provided by the protesters, they could be harmed.

Because of the protest, the debate had already been delayed from 9.30am to 2pm and now 5pm.

Chai earlier said if the government could not secure safe passage to the Parliament, the debate will be further delayed.

Chai made the announcement by making a telephone call to journalists at a press room at 10.05am.

The red-clad demonstrators who gathered at Sanam Luang on Sunday marched to the Parliament on Monday morning to prevent Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva from delivering the government's policy statement at 9.30 am.

The road to Parliament is now blocked and members of parliament are unable enter the compound.

Veera Musikapong, a leader of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), the core organiser of the protest, said earlier that the red shirt group would rally continuously on December 29-30.

The UDD Red Shirt protesters are loyal to fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra, who was toppled in a military coup in 2006.

Meanwhile Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban said the government had no immediate plans to change the venue of the policy speech. He said that if members of parliament could not enter the Parliament, it could not start in the morning as planned, and the session would be postponed to start in the afternoon, in the evening or at night.

National Police Chief Pol. Gen. Patcharawat Wongsuwan met Veera Monday morning to negotiate to request the UDD to open way for the MPs to enter Parliament by car.

They reached no agreement, but Veera said the MPs and Senators could enter Parliament only by foot, and that the UDD, which called on Prime Minister Abhisit to dissolve Parliament, would not obstruct but facilitate their walking.

Continues here....

........edited.....

What you did, we can do?

Not for the sake of it or tit for tat, If he did I would call him out on that as well. I was trying to point out that he would not do it for the PAD articles, and he should not do it for the RED articles.... Pictures should match the articles.

And if you look at my posts you would see that I don't try to rectify the aggressive behavior of anyone, look at my posts when the reds threw the bricks.... I said they should be arrested..... Just as the PAD should be....

As much as the one personality, his deeds, the disastrous politics and policies he implemented match and resemble that of the other person displayed in your avatar, is it this what you wish to complain about, same time you may wish to be taken serious by the audience, is it this, sort of genuine, honest, straight forward journalism, or non-biased opinion, what you mean, is it?

Edited by Samuian

hmmmm if MPL thinks that balance should be maintained I think his avatar needs some work :o But then again his bias is well known.

My avatar is just that a personal avatar.... It is not placed in an article posted to the site is it?

And my bias is well known, I am biased against all protestors being violent....

As much as the one personality, his deeds, the disastrous politics and policies he implemented match and resemble that of the other person displayed in your avatar, is it this what you wish to complain about, same time you may wish to be taken serious by the audience, is it this, sort of genuine, honest, straight forward journalism, or non-biased opinion, what you mean, is it?

You see me posting articles???? no, just opinions.... and my avatar is just that a personal avatar....

What on earth are you going on about? :D

SJ has shown a photo which clearly shows that it is from a previous occasion,although it has significant bearing on current events.

If you cannot be bothered to read all the info given to you, dont come on here crying about people trying to mislead the masses :D

Agreed J 'n' D, but he is so engrossed in his hatred of the Democrats and the PAD, he will say almost anything to try and make a point.

This is the last thing that the country needs at the moment, and Toxin, if he loves the country as much as he says he does, would cut out all the shit stirring and let the government get on with sorting out the mess. He has plenty of time to dabble in Politics in the future, but at this present moment in time it is only making things worse.

You see me posting articles???? no, just opinions.... and my avatar is just that a personal avatar....

understand, speaks volumes...

TOC / 2008-12-29

SJ, the difference between being taken seriously by the majority of people or just those aligned with your personal views is evenhandedness. I've noticed bias in your postings, but now methinks the bias is starting to get to the point where whatever you say will be suspect. Which is a shame. I've never put you in the camp of those that wish to paint reality the way they would like it to be before. You mostly post news articles, so one would assume your threads are of a journalistic nature. If they turn into a mini Fox news you may find you lose a lot of respect.

Edited by OlRedEyes

TOC / 2008-12-29

Again with a picture that is old and not part of the story :D

SJ, the difference between being taken seriously by the majority of people or just those aligned with your personal views is evenhandedness. I've noticed bias in your postings, but now methinks the bias is starting to get to the point where whatever you say will be suspect. Which is a shame. I've never put you in the camp of those that wish to paint reality the way they would like it to be before. You mostly post news articles, so one would assume your threads are of a journalistic nature. If they turn into a mini Fox news you may find you lose a lot of respect.

SJ is more Al Franken than Bill O' Reilly. :o

He doesnt take himself too seriously, and provides the news links with a bit of humour :D

I pledge my full support. :D

Edited by JacknDanny

'disenfranchised?' If there are any they should be mad at the people that invalidated their votes!

(You know who did that ....! The ones that got caught cheating in the last general election and had their party disbanded for the second time!)

Far too many people nicely miss out masses on information thats relative to the whole situation.

1/ The last TWO Democrat governments were kicked out for corruption.

2/ When TRT was disbanded "very surpsingly" the Democrats were not.

3/ The TRT being disbanded came under a coup appointed government and coup appointed supervision judicial system.

4/ The last election was held under martial law in many places.

5/ In the last election it was clearly reported all Army personal were told to vote Democrat, being a direct order they could not go against it.

6/ Many TRT/PPP politicians were given straight Red cards by the EC, however Democrat and others simply got a yellow card for the same offences.

7/ The more TRT/PPP politicians under the "5 year ban" the more and more support the red shirts will have.

8/ In spite of the Army sending out solidiers to "talk to the people" and in spite of the martial law and in spite of the "all eyes watching all PPP politcians" and in spite of the directives to vote Democrat, the PPP still won.

9/ Read 8 again for those who claim the PPP cheated.

10/ The last coup appointed government achieved nothing. Another one will also achieve nothing and will result in further swing of voters to TRT/PPP/PT.

11/ The PAD are very "protective" of the new 2007 consitution maybe thats because it gives Amnesty to all coup people. If the 2007 constituon is removed and we roll backwards to the last consitition, all the coup leaders could be tried for treason under the previous constituion they voided and replaced (for obvious reasons).

12/ ..........

I could go on and on but in all reality whats the point, everyone is still going to argue and ignore what they want to ignore and promote the bits they want to promote.

Sit back and watch it happen.

You seem very confused my little friend. Allow me to clarify each point.

Far too many people nicely miss out masses on information thats relative to the whole situation.

1/ The last TWO Democrat governments were kicked out for corruption.

Thaskin framed both governments in a move to create chaos and distrust of the Democrat party amongst the Thai people before he sought election under TRT. Both governments were 100% innocent of all wrong doing.

2/ When TRT was disbanded "very surpsingly" the Democrats were not.

Why would the Democrats be disbanded they have never done anything wrong or unethical in their 50 year history. That is why Thailand had been such a prospeous country for all 60 million citizens before Thaskin took office and transformed the country into a third world nation.

3/ The TRT being disbanded came under a coup appointed government and coup appointed supervision judicial system.

Thaskin is evil so they had to take the proper precautions.

4/ The last election was held under martial law in many places.

Thaskin is very bad so they had to do this.

5/ In the last election it was clearly reported all Army personal were told to vote Democrat, being a direct order they could not go against it.

Thaskin is a very terrible man so if people vote Democrat than that is good.

6/ Many TRT/PPP politicians were given straight Red cards by the EC, however Democrat and others simply got a yellow card for the same offences.

TRT and PPP all do what Thaskin says and Thaskin is evil so they are also evil. The Democrats recieved yellow cards because they love the color yellow not because they did anything wrong. PPPTRT get red cards because they love the color of blood because they are traitorous scum. And evil.

7/ The more TRT/PPP politicians under the "5 year ban" the more and more support the red shirts will have.

Well, ideally they will be reeducated by then.

8/ In spite of the Army sending out solidiers to "talk to the people" and in spite of the martial law and in spite of the "all eyes watching all PPP politcians" and in spite of the directives to vote Democrat, the PPP still won.

You dont need an outright majority if all the minority parties join together to form a government. Of course, it helps with the Army organizes such a collition.

9/ Read 8 again for those who claim the PPP cheated.

NO.

10/ The last coup appointed government achieved nothing. Another one will also achieve nothing and will result in further swing of voters to TRT/PPP/PT.

Thaskin is evil therefore any government which is not Thaskin is better than an evil government.

11/ The PAD are very "protective" of the new 2007 consitution maybe thats because it gives Amnesty to all coup people. If the 2007 constituon is removed and we roll backwards to the last consitition, all the coup leaders could be tried for treason under the previous constituion they voided and replaced (for obvious reasons).

PAD are good. Thaskin is evil.

12/ ..........

I could go on and on but in all reality whats the point, everyone is still going to argue and ignore what they want to ignore and promote the bits they want to promote.

Thaskin is evil.

Sit back and watch it happen.