Thaksin Supporters To Rally During Two-day Parliament Meeting

george

FRAUD ??

The Democrats ran a "no vote" campaign and refused to run (as they would lose).

TRT simply made up some parties to run in the elections so that there was not just a "single party". They were not fake parties, they simply in some cases did not comply with the "length of time" required for qualification.

It should be added that TRT beat "No Votes".........meaning that had any party run they would have lost (as was known and why they did not run).

The no vote campaign is illegal as it is by law required for Thai's to vote, how the Democrats got away with that is, well, now part of the reason we are in the troubles we are in.

Both parties should have been dissolved or neither, and had that happened back then things would have been very different today.

How serious one offence is compared to another is not a point of law, it is only if they break the law, in any way, minor or major, the party should be dissolved. This did not happen history and the arguments today suggest.

If you're going to go back and try to rewrite history, perhaps it's best to do so in this topic-related thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Constitution...87.html&hl=

The Constitutional Tribunal Disbands Thai Rak Thai

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level ---

"no-vote" is a legitimate option and you know it.

The Demos told everyone to go and vote "no-vote" they never said stay home and do not vote (which would have been illegal) There were enough bent noses over this to get them looked at, but it was entirely legal. far different than the FRAUD committed by TRT.

Indeed, posting pictures which are not from today's protests is extremely disingenuous.

Does that include the plethora of photos that have been posted from the 1930's?

Does that also include the multitude of P-D's reposting and reposting of old pictures?

oh yeah .. the mislabelled photos used by him in Oct ... (I had forgotten why I always got the "You have chosen..." when he posted!)

So are you agreeing that it is disingenuous just like P-D's posting in October?

"That it" --- SRJ's pic of a real event associated with the group that is in the paper's article today? No.

It was timely and factual (as opposed to posting the same pics over and over claiming that it was one group and not the other.)

Read what is written along with photos and you will see the difference yourself and not need it pointed out to you.

I did read it and luckily read the fact that they were from a previous protest and wonder what relevance they had to today's events.

I therefore consider posting them to be disingenuous on the basis that today's protest has so far been nothing but very peaceful and prompted me to turn on the TV to see if I had missed something.

Disingenuous - Not straightforward or candid; insincere or calculating:

I might not agree with SJ about a lot of stuff, but ordinarily he is very straight forward about inserting news pieces into the threads for discussion.

The no vote campaign is illegal as it is by law required for Thai's to vote, how the Democrats got away with that is, well, now part of the reason we are in the troubles we are in.

So spank them. Electoral fraud is also illegal and why should people support an electoral process that is obviously crooked ? The root cause of the 'troubles we are in' is the disgusting abuse of power, corruption and disrespect for rule of law shown by that wanna-be tin pot dictator, Thaksin.

So spank them. Electoral fraud is also illegal and why should people support an electoral process that is obviously crooked ? The root cause of the 'troubles we are in' is the disgusting abuse of power, corruption and disrespect for rule of law shown by that wanna-be tin pot dictator, Thaksin.

Nothing to spank them for ... again ... and hopefully for the last time! People were told to vote for no candidate hence "no-vote". They were NOT told to not vote at all. Voting is compulsory in Thailand and everyone was told to vote they were told to vote "abstain" if you prefer western terms.

Historically "No-Vote" campaigns have done quite well at toppling systems or preventing quorums from being able to do things contrary to the public will. They have been used to protect minority populations from the tyranny of the majority.

sadly my own country does not have this in place (much to the world's disappointment I might add!)

The Democrats ran a "no vote" campaign and refused to run (as they would lose).

No, they did not run a 'no vote' campaign, they urged people to vote, but mark no candidate on the ballot. The reason they did this was because that election was a farce. Thaksin was under intense pressure from corruption charges at the time, there were massive street protests, and his government was in danger of toppling. Members of his own party were getting ready to defect to the opposition. So he dissolved parliament, purged the unloyal members of his party that were willing to do the right thing and work against him, AND he set the election too close of a date for the purged members of his party to change to an opposition party, as there is a minimum numbers of days you have to wait before you can change parties. So these people were effectively removed, who would have won their seats running under a different party, and were replaced with more Thaksin lackies. And of course, he continued with his defamation lawsuits at those who were exposing his corruption and election manipulation.

Usually such laws require you to turn up on voting day and cast a ballot. But they cannot prevent you from buggering up your ballet, accidentally or otherwise. A colleague of mine once wrote 'I cannot vote for any of these wanke_rs' on his ballot, because that is the way he felt about it (the quality of politician in my home state is well below average).

TaH --- the pics clearly showed why the postponement was held and hi-lighted what was said in the article regarding that exact past event. (not some other past event -- THAT past event!)

Was the guy with the knife attached to the same event as the brick through the window? I seem to remember seeing that picture about 3 months ago?

Electoral processes are crooked in every country.

Do you think that Obama spending over 600million US$ is not going to lead to corruption ? Will a number of the large donors not be expecting favour and government contracts in return for their "donations".

Same in Thailand, big companies make donations to political parties, and then expect to get government tenders and contracts, and exemptions and special favour.

This system is in place all over the world, and its why all politicians are labelled as liars and corrupt, no matter what party they represent.

This is why there is no true Democracy in the world, all there is in every country is a corrupt elite that controls power alternating between right and left hand, which is why most countries have just a 2 party system.

The trouble in Thailand is that a third hand came on to the scene, and you cannot live with 3 hands, so one had to be chopped off.

I rest my case for now, there is no point having a discussion with the "blind" who wish to remain "blind by choice".

I am sure you were up there in your yellow shirt blocking the airport for the good of the people too :o LOL

I do not deny that anyone was not corrupt, or that any parties were not corrupt.

You and certain others try to portray that only Thaksin was ever corrupt in Thailand, and this is TOTALLY IDIOTIC.

Its like having the same PAD tactics on the boards too - keep rattling of the same old nonsense and lies and eventually it becomes so bad people will accept it cause they are bored sick of it and try to move on and away from it. :D

Over and out.

Level ----

If you think most countries have a 2 party system then you need to go read up on politics a bit before commenting further!

I rest my case for now, there is no point having a discussion with the "blind" who wish to remain "blind by choice".

I am sure you were up there in your yellow shirt blocking the airport for the good of the people too :o LOL

I do not deny that anyone was not corrupt, or that any parties were not corrupt.

You and certain others try to portray that only Thaksin was ever corrupt in Thailand, and this is TOTALLY IDIOTIC.

Its like having the same PAD tactics on the boards too - keep rattling of the same old nonsense and lies and eventually it becomes so bad people will accept it cause they are bored sick of it and try to move on and away from it. :D

Over and out.

Level ----

If you think most countries have a 2 party system then you need to go read up on politics a bit before commenting further!

You quote my pointing out the fact that the 2-party system is not as prevalent as you claim and then make assertions not only about me but about other posters that are not true. (totally unrelated aren't they?)

You'll be missed (not!)

TaH --- the pics clearly showed why the postponement was held and hi-lighted what was said in the article regarding that exact past event. (not some other past event -- THAT past event!)

Was the guy with the knife attached to the same event as the brick through the window? I seem to remember seeing that picture about 3 months ago?

You are correct - it is the same photo from a few months back. It just proves that Sriracha John has no credibility - but he thinks he does becuase he "posts a lot". Wow. Post only "selective" biased news reports often enough it becomes truth, das ist das, eh, Herr Goebbels?

All the ducks are lining up for the military to come out on the streets.

They will go to extreme measures to protect the power they have plotted hard to regain. They will go to extreme measures if they perceive any threat to the nation's highest institution. International condemnation is only a minor consideration for them.

I do hope it doesn't end in mass bloodshed again.

No - "they" (the middle and upper class Thai-military-and mainly-chinese-thai-business/bureaucratic-class-families) will only go to extreme measures if they perceive any threat to the existing patron-client system that has ensured the supremecy and riches of the thousands within their extended family systems.

Don't you get that yet???????

Yes, old picuture... like last week old...

and it's 'Red Shirts at Parlement' just like today was forecast.

Completely relevant.

It's not relevant to todays protest, it is of an earlier protest.... But don't put an old violent picture up with an article about today's so far peaceful protest. It gives the viewer the impression that things are violent, and currently that is not the case.

Also it's "red shirts at parlement", but the old picture he used does not even have a red shirt :o

Now if it turns violent today, then put up todays violent pictures with a story about the protest today....

I wish you would read the accompanying text before blasting off.

It was in trepidation of a recurrance, not insinuation that this was now happening.

I did but I saw it for what it was, and called him out on it, others agreed you don't so.... we can disagree would not be the first time we have different opinions and will not be the last I am sure

I love how you only pic up on the one, what about the other article in question with a picture from I believe around OCT that is used in an article posting SJ made today? That was some other past event was it not?

102-1.jpg

UDD protesters on a previous occasion

UDD dares PM to enter parliament

United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) key member Nattawut Saikua said the UDD demonstrators are ready to allow Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and MPs from the coalition government to enter the parliament building to deliver the government policy. According to former Government Spokesman Nattawut, Mr Abhisit claimed he is the PM for every Thai people no matter which side they are on and one of his tasks is to resolve conflicts in the society. Therefore, Nattawut urged the premier to walk into the parliament amid the crowd of anti-government protesters.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/13...nter-parliament

Different article and clearly captioned isn't it? I responded to the one posted just above my first post on the issue.

How much do you need?

"UDD protesters on a previous ocassion" should be "black and white enough for you shouldn't it? Or is this another case of "I abhor violence except..."?

To be representative that would have to be captioned "A nuclear bomb blast that has nothing to do with the article"

Wheras SRJ's pictures showed UDD people involved in violence .. the first one I responded to showing the violence mentioned in the article ... the other captioned appropriately ....

I know you like these 'reds' TaH but get real ...

Hey I know you like those yellows, but so what?

Before you colour me pro or anti anything, getting real is firstly about people all trying to work from a standpoint of reality. I am generally a spectator in all of this and no one was waving a sword around at the protest today. Claiming that other people have done similar before isn't much of a defence, they were wrong also. Enclosing the picture in the report oneself is as others have agreed apt to cause confusion of what is going on.

I mentioned earlier that SJ is often very helpful to the discussion on here by posting reports that occur in the press that can provide useful information. I noticed that people lopped that statement of my message when claiming that I am biased. I might not agree with many of the opinions on here, but people catching news articles and quote them is part of the "News Clippings" discussion I would imagine.

When posting a news report, but adding one's own picture into the report with a small caption, it ceases to be news. We are at the whim of a very poor Thai press and by posting one's own pictorial description alongside it colours the entire report. A picture speaks a thousand words.

I for one, saw the original message sometime this morning and was worried that the reds had broken out into street warfare. Fortunately I noticed that the picture had been posted sometime months ago, walked to the TV and saw policeman sitting down doing nothing. This is not our private playground, many people log onto here every day just to get a view of what is going on in the country.

We are here to discuss, but taking news reports and ammending them even with a description is in my opinion duplicitous. I didn't say what SJ had done was criminal but did nothing other to cause confusion to me in what was going on this morning.

TaH

Who is being disingenuous? Didn't you say that you read the article? and didn't you post this?

I did read it and luckily read the fact that they were from a previous protest and wonder what relevance they had to today's events.

So then you did what the rest of us did ... turned on the TV expecting the red's to be violent. Wouldn't you have done that anyways?

edit --- I guess you would have all news agencies forego any use of 'stock' or archival photos too?

The caption was enough that you noticed "on a previous ocassion" .. get real

Edited by jdinasia

Have you really got such a bad memory ? Or just being "biased" ?

Thaksin EC ?? I think not.......Junta was in charge...

It was Nam Yimyam's panel that recommended dissolution for TRT sometimes in April-May 2006, before the elections were ruled null and void, before the commissioners themselves were jailed, and long before the coup.

Democrats along with TRT were "recommended" to be dissolved..

Yeah, TRT got onto it after they realised they'd have to face the music alone. They filed the charges several months AFTER the "crimes", and they didn't stand in court.

* Rakkiat Sukhthana, Health Minister, was charged with taking a five million THB (125,000 USD) bribe from a drug firm and forcing state hospitals to buy medicine at exorbitant prices. After being found guilty, he jumped bail and went into hiding.

He was Chart Thai quote minister, I believe, not Democrat.

* Suthep Thaugsuban, Minister of Transport and Communications, whose brokering of illegal land deals caused the fall of the Chuan 1 government, was linked to abuse of funds in setting up a co-operative in his southern province of Surat Thani.[11]

That was when? 1994? That train has sailed long time ago.

* The "edible fence" seed scandal, in which massive overpricing of seeds distributed to rural areas happened. The Deputy Minister of Agriculture was forced to resign.[12]

* The Salween logging scandal, where up to 20,000 logs were felled illegally in the Salween forest in Mae Hong Son. Some of them turned up in the compound of the Democrat party’s office in Phichit province.[12]

I bet it was peanuts comparing to what TRT got away with. 20,000 logs? How much could they possibly cost? In TRT years scandals like that were in the news every other day.

* Sanan Kajornprasart, Interior Minister, as well as 8 other cabinet ministers were found to have understated their declared assets. Sanan was later barred by the Constitution Court from politics for 5 years.[13]

And he showed an example of gentelman's behavior. When Thaksin got caught for hiding assets he bribed the court instead and never admitted any guilt over anything. Sanan looks like an angel comparing to him.

* Chuan himself was found by the National Counter-Corruption Commission to have undeclared shareholdings in a rural cooperative.[13]

I remember it was one share worth 13,000 baht from prehistoric days that he was given as a gift.

From this little list it appears that Democrats really don't know how to steal.

Amateurs.

Yawn... So what we are saying is whoever gets in power is going to cream off as much as possible, and thus there is no hope for Thailand in terms of morals or good governance? So new government same corruption? Is this a cultural thing about greed/wealth/power that you will never get an honest government in power?

Personally I think Taksin has had enough 'pie' and should give up; no one will ever want him to get into power again? For someone who was seriously in debt to be able to accumulate so much wealth in such a short period of time speaks volumes about where his money came from?

TaH

Who is being disingenuous? Didn't you say that you read the article? and didn't you post this?

So then you did what the rest of us did ... turned on the TV expecting the red's to be violent. Wouldn't you have done that anyways?

edit --- I guess you would have all news agencies forego any use of 'stock' or archival photos too?

Indeed, I was lucky that I had read previously on the blog and thought it was the same picture. I don't have the benefit of a photographic memory, so wasn't sure. Hence I went to the television to check. Not that the TV in Thailand is 100% up to the minute either. If SJ wants to continue doing this, fine with me, it just means I won't bother to pay quite as much attention when he quotes news reports.

It still doesn't change the fact that it made me think that there was a possibility that TOC had typed incorrectly and that all hel_l may have been breaking loose in Bangkok.

SMS services tend to be ahead of the television coverage when the poop really hits the fan so was quite shocked at the possibility that all hel_l had broken loose in Bangkok again.

Edited by Thai at Heart

You are correct - it is the same photo from a few months back. It just proves that Sriracha John has no credibility - but he thinks he does becuase he "posts a lot". Wow. Post only "selective" biased news reports often enough it becomes truth, das ist das, eh, Herr Goebbels?

Another poster that is apparently unable to comprehend the phrase, "on a previous occasion."

Was the reason for your previous banning a similar flaming tirade?

Edited by sriracha john

TaH

Indeed, I was lucky that I had read previously on the blog and thought it was the same picture. I don't have the benefit of a photographic memory, so wasn't sure. Hence I went to the television to check. Not that the TV in Thailand is 100% up to the minute either. If SJ wants to continue doing this, fine with me, it just means I won't bother to pay quite as much attention when he quotes news reports.

It still doesn't change the fact that it made me think that there was a possibility that TOC had typed incorrectly and that all hel_l may have been breaking loose in Bangkok.

SMS services tend to be ahead of the television coverage when the poop really hits the fan so was quite shocked at the possibility that all hel_l had broken loose in Bangkok again.

Are you similarly confused every time you read a news article containing a "file photo" of someone or some event? :o eg. most people don't seem to struggle with media articles discussing Thaksin that contain file photos of him previously in Thailand, and wonder, "Gosh, when did he return to Thailand?"

The article was about UDD daring MP's to walk on foot to pass through their gauntlet on the way to Parliament. If you don't think posting a relevant photo of some of their previous activities to reflect the absurdity of their challenge is warranted, then I'm sorry you missed the connection.

TaH

Are you similarly confused every time you read a news article containing a "file photo" of someone or some event? :o eg. most people don't seem to struggle with media articles discussing Thaksin that contain file photos of him previously in Thailand, and wonder, "Gosh, when did he return to Thailand?"

The article was about UDD daring MP's to walk on foot to pass through their gauntlet on the way to Parliament. If you don't think posting a relevant photo of some of their previous activities to reflect the absurdity of their challenge is warranted, then I'm sorry you missed the connection.

Well thank god the bloke with the knife wasn't actually out on the streets today.