Linux

bonzor

Hi after reading every thread I could about edge and internet I went out and bought a nokia 6300 and a new laptop. Then realised too late that its a linux laptop. Will it still easily connect through edge to the internet or is it going to be fiendishly complicated. Any help or advice would be most gratefully received.

I have been playing with various Linux distros for a couple of years. I was able to use my Nokia with Mandriva using bluetooth. Recently I downloaded Ubuntu 8.1 and found that it works perfectly using the data cable. Plug in the data cable and it immediately recognizes the phone and knows what AIS, Dtac or True information is needed. A few clicks and it connects. I never could get older Ubuntu distros to work.

Hi after reading every thread I could about edge and internet I went out and bought a nokia 6300 and a new laptop. Then realised too late that its a linux laptop. Will it still easily connect through edge to the internet or is it going to be fiendishly complicated. Any help or advice would be most gratefully received.

Well the 6300 uses the Series 40 operating system which isn't ideal for Linux since it requires a bit more work to get up and going than a Series 60. Assuming that your laptop is an Asus EEEPC, try this link.