Where To Buy Electric Bicycles In Bangkok?

SGDude

I have Googled electric bicycles and they seem to be outside of Bangkok. Are there any shops in Bangkok that sell these? I think it would be very convenient for me to ride one out of my soi to the BTS.

The "golf cart" that drives me out seems to run pretty slow so I don't think it would be that much of a difference for me if I ride a bike except that the service ends at 9 PM.

• Like 1

I have Googled electric bicycles and they seem to be outside of Bangkok. Are there any shops in Bangkok that sell these? I think it would be very convenient for me to ride one out of my soi to the BTS.

The "golf cart" that drives me out seems to run pretty slow so I don't think it would be that much of a difference for me if I ride a bike except that the service ends at 9 PM.

Here's a couple mentions via google:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Electric-Bicycle-t216189.html

http://energy.sourceguides.com/businesses/.../Thailand.shtml

Mac

Hello

Try www.ecobrand.net

They are in Nonthaburi I think.

Thanks...

Here's the list of electric bicycles compiled from this topic:

Electric Vehicles (Thailand) Company Limited

* Business type: manufacturer, retail sales, wholesale supplier, exporter

* Product types: electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric cars, electric vehicle components.

* Service types: maintenance and repair services

* Address: 374, BNK Building, Rama 4 Road, Mahapreuttaram,, Bangrak, Bangkok Thailand 10500

* Telephone: (66-2) 236-2020 (Extension 302)

* FAX: (66-2) 237-2002

Big C

SuperSports

Samut Prakarn on Srinarkarin Road right by Ring Road heading North toward Bang Pu on your left side.

I think I saw an add at Central Lad Phrao with a red electric bicycle. I am not 100% sure about it. I will check it out soon.

Hi,

there is a shop in my condo building C in the Don Mueang area (Nonthabury). www.pgp.co.th Champs Elysees Condominium.

They sell them. Not sure about the price, I thought I saw THB 19,995 or something once.

Can you speak some Thai? I would have the missus speak to them...

Next door is a great eatery - here is how to get there. Drive towards the old airport don Mueang. then take the street past the wat Don Mueang (temple) and keep going past the big intersection and under the toll way. From the tol way, it is about a mile. The entrance is next to the Caltex fuel station on the right. The next U-turn after hunbdreds of meters.

It is in building C.

Gimme a call if you need help or directions: 02 501 5185

Chris

• 1 year later...

I find this to be an interesting product. Whatever you end up buying please post your opinions later. Are they fast enough, does the product remain reliable, etc. I'm sure many others would like to know if these electric bikes are worth the money over a cheap scooter or regular pedal bike.

I don't see any conversion kits at Lotus or Big-C and the ready made e-biks they sometimes have, don't look nice.

I want to modify my mountan bike, this kits that I am looking for are availabl on ebay from 24V / 250 Watt to 48V / 1000 Watt, with a speed from 25 - 60 km/h.

The reason that I didn't order one from ebay is, that I don't like the suprices at the customs, and shipping is a bit expansive, so ebay will be my last option.