Davis Hotel Bangkok

RAZZELL

Well, I'll be back in LOS in the beginning of Feb and staying in BKK for a few days. I usually stay at the President Solitaire in Soi 11 but fancy a change.

I've been looking at The Davis on Tripadvisor and I like the look of it. Anyone stayed there?

RAZZ

Yes, we stayed there in December 06. Couldn't fault it and certainly excellent value for money. The only downside was the location - though not actually far from anywhere, the pavements were absolutely lethal. Very lucky not to have broken any bones!

Yeah, I've walked down that soi behind Emporium a couple of times. Not that user friendly :o

What type of room were you in?

RAZZ

Hotel is very nice and well located...with 2 shopping complexes steps away that have a Tops market, Au Bon Pain, Starbucks, and several other restos. Traffic can back-up getting to Sukhumvit but taxis and motos are plentiful. Easy access to Rama 4 if you are going to Silom/Sathon/Wireless/Lumpini/River areas.

If that location is suitable for your stay in Bangkok you might consider the less expensive President Park serviced apartment directly across the street. That hotel has two nice buildings with large apartments which they rent by the night and a very good breakfast. The lowest prices for President Park on on the Compass Hospitality web site. www.compasshospitality.com which is the management company for the President Properties. The Davis is beautiful, has an interesting owner but if price is a major consideration consider the rooms at President Park.

Both places are within walking distance to Carrefour, Tesco, etc... It is OFTEN a terrible taxi ride up to/from Sukhumvit, both places have free shuttle, but the motorbike taxis can get you to/from BTS in prompt and "thrilling" fashion.

Was told that this hotel was initially planned as a mega massage parlour

Like Chuvit's another place - Poseidon. It does look a bit like it too.

Poseidon is a place people go for paid sex (sad by legal in Thailand). Poseidon is not own by Chuwit. It is own by the Ministry of Commerce - to boost tourism, I suppose.