Consumer Complaints

kurnell

I've read that there will be a new dept dealing with consumer complaints coming soon to Thailand. Anyone know of how to deal with companies that do not live up to what they advertise other than contacting a lawyer? Sort of like what the labour dept does for employees.

Cheers

I've read that there will be a new dept dealing with consumer complaints coming soon to Thailand. Anyone know of how to deal with companies that do not live up to what they advertise other than contacting a lawyer? Sort of like what the labour dept does for employees.

Cheers

I admire your optimism.

I'm doing this for the benefit of those that will follow in my footsteps.

Did a Google for http://www.consumersinternational.org and then selected Thailand as country of interest. Got two websites:

http://www.ocpb.go.th/ and http://www.consumerthai.org/

Organisation Name:Office of the Consumer Protection Board of Thailand

Member no:527

Joining date:15 Mar 1997

Region:Asia Pacific

Address:Building 20, Government House; Rachadamnoen Nok Avenue, Dusit

Bangkok

Telephone:+66 2 62 9 8258/59/60

Fax:+66 2 629 8261

Email:[email protected]

Main contact:Mrs Rasamee Vistaveth

Position:Secretary General

Description:The Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB) is a government agency attached to the Office of the Prime Minister. There is a Board called the ‘Consumer Protection Board’, of which the Prime Minister is the chairman and the Secretary-General of the Consumer Protection Board is a member and secretary. Its main duties are to handle complaints received from consumers and institute legal proceedings when an infringement of consumer rights is recognised. OCPB covers three major areas of consumer protection: consumer protection on advertising, consumer protection on labelling, and consumer protection in contract. In addition, any other consumer matters not fallen under specific law shall be also under OCPB's jurisdiction.

Operational Language:English

Member Type:Government

Type of Work:Campaigning and/or lobbying, Consumer Advice, Consumer Legislation, Dispute Resolution, Networking, Publishing, Research/Policy analysis, Other

Current Campaigns:Consumer Education,Corporate Social Responsibility,Food Safety/Obesity,Legislation/Consumer Protection,Public Utilities,Standards

=============================================

Organisation Name:Foundation for Consumers (FFC) (Executive)

Member no:1964

Joining date:15 Mar 1997

Region:Asia Pacific

Address:211/2 Soi Ngamwongwan 31; Ngamwongwan Road

Nonthaburi

Telephone:+66 2 952 5060 / 5062

Fax:+66 2 580 9337

Email:[email protected]

Main contact:Ms Saree Aongsomwang

Position:Director

Description:The Foundation for Consumers(FFC)was established in 1994 as a non-government and non-profit consumer organisation working directly with consumers to do policy and advocacy work. Originally, FFC started as a Coordinating Committee for Primary Health Care to coordinate health groups at the national level (1983). FFC is now the main leading consumer organisation in Thailand. It also helped to set up the Confederation of Consumer Organisations (CCOT), a non-governmental and non-profit network organisation comprised of 17 consumer organisations and groups around the country working on issues related to health, gender, agriculture, labour rights. FFC’s consumer magazine called "Smart Buyer Magazine" is an established bi-monthly magazine with more than 12,000 subscribers. FFC also established a Complaints and Legal Assistance Center in 1994 in conjunction with its Magazine. Relevant complaint cases are then relayed to the mass media, in particular through the weekly one hour television programme called " Consumers Assembly ".

Operational Language:English

Member Type:Full Member

I never knew that trolls walk in single-file ? :D

You learn something new every day ! :o

So troll is it? Wanna try to back that up in person or are you another sad internet warrior?

• 1 month later...

I never knew that trolls walk in single-file ? :D

You learn something new every day ! :D

So troll is it? Wanna try to back that up in person or are you another sad internet warrior?

Just as I thought a couple of weeks ago when I read this :D ...looks like that pea heart won't back it up :o

How did you go with sorting out your problem with the Consumer Protection Board, Kurnell ?

i have to complain to someone about pizza company, they say they will give your money back if you're not satisfied or they take too long.. tried over a dozen time.. pizza taste like bullcrap, missing stuff or late delivery.. never even a credit.

I'm not sure how to read this one?

Either you have ordered over 12 pizzas and they have all been crap and you have tried each time to get your money back and failed? or you have tried to get your original pizza order money back over 12 times?

If its the first then I have to ask WHY ???? After 1 time that would be it no more custom.

If its the second then Jeez guy what's a pizza cost these days 300 400 baht ?????? is winding yourself up and spending time and effort to try to bring this company to boot and threatening violence on posters here worth 400 baht ?????

This is Thailand unless you had not realised. They dont work to the same standards as back home. Just dont ever use them again and get on with your life. Its a waste of time! :o