Bar girl registration

Thetyim

In the Bangkok Post this week

"The current crackdown on the clubs is as harsh as any I can recall.Indeed worse, because the names of the lasses employed there-in are being permanently recorded on the government's Internet. Tainted by their profession, what do you think the official response will be when they apply for passports? Doubtless, ``Denied! You aren't fit representatives of this country.''

I am not sure if they can refuse passports because of past occupation but what if this list is made available to the embassies.  Everyone on the list would be refused a visa.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds serious! Now the farangs will have to marry ladies who are not prostitutes, looks like no more farang to Thai marriages.

Bud

Bud,

You really say some stupid things, don't you? Your post implies all Thai women who are married to farangs were prostitutes. Or by farang do you mean American?

When I questioned why the 500bht charge for the guest, since she was not a bar girl but a Hill Triber Tarzan Lady far from home, she said in Thai "If she is with you she is a Prostitute"....SAD, but that is the attitude!  This response came from the fair skinned, Uni Educated Hotel Manager gal from Chaing Mai at a Hotel in Phuket.  The local gals were very nice to her,  though.

???

To Ed and benny and alike,

What is a troll, a troll is someone who says things just to get a response? Sometimes those things are not meant to be personal, just kidding or maybe there is a little truth to it.

But obviously this does not apply to all you nice gentlemen that purchased your Thai wives via dowries. The upper class of Thailand, sorry if I ruffled your all features, but until now this post was dead.

The reality of it all is not who your wife was before you married her ..  of no avail, it is what she is now! I do respect Thai ladies from all levels of social standing. The bar girls unfortunately come from poor families, did not have opportunity to become educated, sometimes going to the city looking for jobs that they could not get and ended up working in a bar to survive.

To register them is a sin, because many of these ladies make the best wives and to stop them from leaving the country is totally back woods, like many of the Thai policies.

Bud

• Like 1

???

To Ed,

Seems we is who? The only one I have been hearing from lately is you and who is you? Perhaps you should try getting a life and stop following my username around defaming me. Perhaps you can find something constuctive to say, enlighten us all with your wisdom, something more than a one sentence insult. You should belay starting happy hour until at least noon time. Remember the 12 Step Program AA taught you before you got back off the wagon.

Best of luck with your recovery, Eddie.

Bud

???

To dr_Pat_Pong,

Can we not be friends? Someone made a complaint in the complaint box from the staff, about my spelling, but the English was so bad, everyword misspelled, and the remarks so confusing I did not get it all. Something about Yankee's purchasing degrees with all their cash. I never had the money, I did it the hard way studying, working extra jobs, student loans, doing military service for the GI Bill educational benefits. Obviously their is a lot of cultural misunderstanding going on here. In my country America we have what is called freedom of speech. It is in our constitution, we accept the views of all people, minus swearing using four letter words on a post, etc. I have used none of these words. The contributions of many on this site are less than flattering, everyone has something negative to say about others, I believe in America and freedom of speech. If we want to make fun of anybody, even President Bush, we have the freedom of speech to do so. Anyone is free to contribute anything they like. If you were too eliminate everyone who made a less then fulfilling contribution this site would have no one left. If you keep this up no one will say anything. I believe you are the one behind this, this is not helping Thai Ameican understanding.

Bud

???

To Ed,

Seems we is who? The only one I have been hearing from lately is you and who is you? Perhaps you should try getting a life and stop following my username around defaming me. Perhaps you can find something constuctive to say, enlighten us all with your wisdom, something more than a one sentence insult. You should belay starting happy hour until at least noon time. Remember the 12 Step Program AA taught you before you got back off the wagon.

Best of luck with your recovery, Eddie.

Bud

you are mr vietnam. you accused me of being an alcoholic when you and me were arguing.ha ha .

p.s. your last post before that totally agree with :o