5 Years, Wow!

Spee

Hard to believe it has been 5 years to the day since I stumbled across the ThaiVisa Forum pages in a web search looking for places to learn more about Thailand and Thai culture, to help in my relationship with my new Thai girlfriend.

In brief reflection over that period, some things came to mind:

- ThaiVisa Forum has been one of the great internet resources that I've ever come across. (along with Wikipedia and Thai-Language.com)

- The Grateful Dead song Truckin', "...what a long strange trip it's been ..."

- A favorite quote from Albert Einstein, "The more I learn, the less I know."

- My then new girlfriend became my partner and we are still together and our relationship is as strong today as it has ever been.

- I'll be a lucky person if I am saying the same things in another 5 years.

Good luck/chok dee to all of us.

Same situation, but...7.5 years ago (sept. 2001). Took much longer before I registered to say something (only Visa-info was needed for the firsts visits and searching the forum instead of re-asking the same question is often prefered by long-time members. :o ). And now it sometimes takes up too much of ones time...of the little one have.

Spee,

Congratulations ! :D

Although we never met, :o I'm glad that I have an opportunity to read many of your great posts eversince I join this TV forum over a year ago.

Please keep up a good work.

Choke dee pee mai to you and Mrs. :D

Tink ( one of your fans)

Happy new year and congrats

I also lurked for a time before joining and recently clocked up 5 years in LOS. I certainly agree with your comments about the value of Thaivisa.

Ditto regarding the more you learn about Thai culture and living here the more you realise how much you don't understand. One thing you do realise though is how one person's 'living in thai' experience and perceptions can vary so much from your own

- CB