If You're Up Country With A Cell Phone

phazey

Well....

At my Wifes house we have a kind of small ariel/antenna on the roof, looks a bit like a TV ariel. It has a lead running into the house and a small cradle attatched. This then fits over the top of the mobile and increases the signal from nothing to 4 or 5 bars. :D

It is meant to be used for Nokia handsets but works perfectly well with my Samsung ( using elastic bands ) and I guess for any mobile with an internal antenna.

Cost about bt1500 if I remember correctly :o

totster :D

Well....

At my Wifes house we have a kind of small ariel/antenna on the roof, looks a bit like a TV ariel.  It has a lead running into the house and a small cradle attatched.  This then fits over the top of the mobile and increases the signal from nothing to 4 or 5 bars.  :D 

It is meant to be used for Nokia handsets but works perfectly well with my Samsung ( using elastic bands ) and I guess for any mobile with an internal antenna.

Cost about bt1500 if I remember correctly  :o

totster  :D

An amazing inventive mind :D Necessity has always been the mother of invention. :D

Phaze,

I remember a few years ago when I couldn't make contact with 3 of the senior people in my company as their handphones were "not available". I finally contacted my MD who informed me that they were in London (the original one) and the reception was not good there. I explained to him that I was on the Thai/Khmer border in a paddy field with buffalos for companions, so tell me another one!

:o