Ps3 Questions

tuffy

They don't normally sell 60gb units anymore. A system will cost you anywhere from 13-17k depending on the hard drive size and where you buy it from. They haven't cracked the PS3 yet so no "backup" games can be played. I've heard of them copying the game to a HD and playing through that but it's not common at the moment. There isn't anything you really need to look for when buying one. You might want to get one with dualshocks instead of the regular controller with no rumble. Other than that or PS2 playback ability, there isn't much you need to look for when buying one.

They don't normally sell 60gb units anymore. A system will cost you anywhere from 13-17k depending on the hard drive size and where you buy it from. They haven't cracked the PS3 yet so no "backup" games can be played. I've heard of them copying the game to a HD and playing through that but it's not common at the moment. There isn't anything you really need to look for when buying one. You might want to get one with dualshocks instead of the regular controller with no rumble. Other than that or PS2 playback ability, there isn't much you need to look for when buying one.

Thanks for the info Gluestick.

Has anyone had any luck with the Backup copie of blu ray movies?

Hmmm. I nearly picked up a PS3 last weekend, put it off for a month. I did however, browse through the regular "backup catalog" of Ps3 Game covers...So it would seem someone has sussed out how to do this. It was in HCMC, VN by the way,

Hmmm. I nearly picked up a PS3 last weekend, put it off for a month. I did however, browse through the regular "backup catalog" of Ps3 Game covers...So it would seem someone has sussed out how to do this. It was in HCMC, VN by the way,

That is interesting they had those as every place I have been say it is impossible to backup...

I think I will wait and buy a 60 gb ps3 on ebay (in the US) these are the only models that are fully backwards compatible with ps2 games and have more usb ports and cf and sd ports as well.

Lot of the PS2 games don't work well on PS3 even with the supposed backward compatible models. USB ports - you need more just add a small usb hub to it. :o

Which version are you referring to britmaveric? I know some models have software emulation that will play some PS2 games but the the original 20 gb and 60gb models have hardware (emotion engine) that is supposed to play all PS2 games.

I thought Sony had stopped making the 60GB drive versions way back last year ? 80Gb seems to be the way to go... or way a few months for a revamped PS3...

Perhaps the only decision is whether you want PAL or NTSC playback should you want to use it to play DVD's (?). In LOS I think you can buy either depending on where they've been shipped in from.