Where Can I Buy Perspex Sheets

Hannahcopacabana

You can use small mesh wire netting , you need mesh with 1 inch holes , I bred rabbits for years as a young fellow to make money . they cannot get thier teeth around that to pull on . I used on the cage doors and it lasted several years , some people use it for tomato plants , strong and not expensive .

I'm looking for Perspex also, the unbreakable kind. :o

Lucite?

edit: here's one lead.

Ekasilp Perspex Co., Ltd.

179-181 Mitraphan Road Pomprap Pomprap

Bangkok, Thailand 10100

Tel/Hp : 662-2225359

Fax : 662-2246268

Edited by GungaDin

Why don't you trap some of these bothersome rabbits

I get the impression that the OP wants to keep the rabbits in, not out!

Perspex (Plexiglass for those of us from North America)- there is a good shop on Pahonyothin Road, across from the Elephant Building. It is in a shophouse about 2 or 3 doors back towards Central Lad Prao from the Rachayothin junction. They sell sheets of all thicknesses, cut to specification, and / or can fabricate anything out of perspex.

The OP said he wanted to 'Rabbit-proof' his balcony , the word 'Proof' is normally added to keep something OUT , as in 'Rain-proof ' , 'Burgler-proof ' , 'Stain-proof 'etc .

Should he intend on keeping rabbits as pets or similar , i would think he would have asked about plexi-glass to 'Contain ' rabbits . :D:o

To my way of thinking- a balcony is usually an appendage on a building that is not at ground level. Ground level balconies are usually referred to as decks, terraces, patios, etc.

So- unless wild Thai rabbits can fly up on to a balcony, it makes sense hat the OP wants to keep his rabbits from being victims of gravity!

Furthermore, I've never seen a rabbit running free / wild in Thailand. They would most certainly be as you suggest - caught and eaten! Aroi mak!

Hannahcopacabana - just for laughs, tell us!

Bino

there is a good shop on Pahonyothin Road, across from the Elephant Building. It is in a shophouse about 2 or 3 doors back towards Central Lad Prao from the Rachayothin junction. They sell sheets of all thicknesses, cut to specification, and / or can fabricate anything out of perspex.
That sounds easier to find than the address I listed.

Cheers Bino. :o

Now all I need to find is 25mm adhesive backed Velcro strips. (Hook n loop) :D

Now all I need to find is 25mm adhesive backed Velcro strips. (Hook n loop) :o

Ok GD, you've fired my curiosity. What on earth are you building with perspex, self adhesive velcro, white PVC pipe and a fridge door seal? :D

To my way of thinking- a balcony is usually an appendage on a building that is not at ground level. Ground level balconies are usually referred to as decks, terraces, patios, etc.

So- unless wild Thai rabbits can fly up on to a balcony, it makes sense hat the OP wants to keep his rabbits from being victims of gravity!

Furthermore, I've never seen a rabbit running free / wild in Thailand. They would most certainly be as you suggest - caught and eaten! Aroi mak!

:o

Lol! Bino is right, although I thoroughly enjoyed that whole exchange. I do, however, see, Dumball, how my choice of words may have led you to that conclusion.

And while we're off the topic, can you get those flying rabbits in JJ market? I gotta get me one of those babies... tho if they could fly, I wouldn't need to be so worried about them plunging from my fifth-floor balcony to their watery deaths in the jacuzzi below.

Thanks, all, for your help: I'll be off to Paholwhatsit in the morning.

Rabbit snuggles to each and every one. :D x

Hang on a minute - my booze-addled brain just came up with an excuse for my poor language skills (the ones what lead to the miscontruingness of the earlier thing) : it's the balcony I want to rabbit-froop (not the flat), thus keeping the rabbits either one side or t'other of the railing... but I never said which side... hic :D

:o

ok. I'll go now.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, obviously wild Swedish rabbits can. This specimen can be examined in a museum in Sundsvall, Sweden.

post-27496-1233552211_thumb.jpg

Sorry, off topic, but I just had to.

• 3 weeks later...

Home Mart in Buriram has various grades of plastic sheeting (loads actually) so I suspect al their stores have. Home Pro and Home Works may also have.

I'm going to use some to protect some space out the back of the house from rain (whenever that comes). She has an outside Thai kitchen you see. They have stuff up to 2m high and 5m long easy. Not sure of prices.

Went to Home Mart today and they have drastically reduced their selection. Now only ribbed 4mm stuff 1.22m x 2.44m. Didn't ask about price.

I just need some to keep the rain off he cooker for an outside Thai kitchen which can get windy at times. I guess this stuff will have to suffice. Not nice but if that is all there is !