• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good offer is available from Pizza Hut this month (until 24th Feb):

Medium Spicy Seafood Pizza

Spaghetti with mixed seafood in spicy sauce

6 New Orleans chicken wings

Breadsticks & dipping sauce

1.25 litres Pepsi

A steal at 399 baht: Delivery free, I've tried it and it was very good.

:o:D

!

Where is the best Pizza in Pattaya. Two categories here, delivery and restuarant.

Noticed some new places in Pattaya, but are they any good?

:D

This is getting tiring to read. Really. Why don't you all just listen to what the people say... and go over to Pizza Big in Naklua and have a pizza you won't (probably, although I can't be 100% sure...) be able to complain about? Great taste, nice crust (unless you prefer what I call, "the inedible" Chicago style, deep dish pizza) and fair price (about 260 baht for large with 2 toppings)- enough for me (5 slices) and my tirak (3 slices) And, both IM (full)! Hey! I'm an east coast American guy, and I figure I can give a reasonable opinion here, so... SHAPE UP! Stop complaining and go to Naklua... you'll thank me in the morning!

:o:D
!

Where is the best Pizza in Pattaya. Two categories here, delivery and restuarant.

Noticed some new places in Pattaya, but are they any good?

This is getting tiring to read. Really. Why don't you all just listen to what the people say... and go over to Pizza Big in Naklua and have a pizza you won't (probably, although I can't be 100% sure...) be able to complain about? Great taste, nice crust (unless you prefer what I call, "the inedible" Chicago style, deep dish pizza) and fair price (about 260 baht for large with 2 toppings)- enough for me (5 slices) and my tirak (3 slices) And, both IM (full)! Hey! I'm an east coast American guy, and I figure I can give a reasonable opinion here, so... SHAPE UP! Stop complaining and go to Naklua... you'll thank me in the morning!

Where in Naklua is Pizza Big?

Pizza Big

668/9 M.5 Pattaya Naklua Road

I agree they have good Pizza for Pattaya. It is really big though and the standard pizza is a bit too big if you are having the pizza yourself. There are a lot of fans of Pizza Pizza. I am not one of them.

Pizza Big

668/9 M.5 Pattaya Naklua Road

I agree they have good Pizza for Pattaya. It is really big though and the standard pizza is a bit too big if you are having the pizza yourself. There are a lot of fans of Pizza Pizza. I am not one of them.

:o

PIZZA BIG is right on the main road, a couple of blocks up from the Dolphin Roundabout. I wouldn't call the pizza we ordered, "really big," although it was surely too big for one diner. Perfect size for a farang & TGF. If you're alone, why not just take the remaining pcs. home to the frig... to be heated up, for a snack or meal, later (toaster oven, please- never in the "wave!")? Re; Pizza Pizza: Not overly inspired, really. Pretty good taste, but too expensive and pompous atmosphere (owned by a Thai superstar and her Italian husband).

Pizza, Pizza at the Avenue – located under Shennagans

Agreed. Pizza, Pizza was the best pizza I had in Pattaya, maybe Bangkok too, along Bella Napoli and Scoozi. Actually, Pizza Pizza has the same chef as Scoozi and it's owned by the same person who started Scoozi in Bangkok. Highly recommended :o

Agreed. Pizza, Pizza was the best pizza I had in Pattaya, maybe Bangkok too, along Bella Napoli and Scoozi. Actually, Pizza Pizza has the same chef as Scoozi and it's owned by the same person who started Scoozi in Bangkok. Highly recommended :o

I also agree. Without a shadow of doubt the finest pizza available in Pattaya.

Here is a review from Pattaya People Newspaper

A wonderful new Italian restaurant recently opened in the Avenue Center Mall on Second Road. It’s called Pizza Pizza. But don’t let its name fool you; it’s much more than just a pizza place!

Yes, Pizza Pizza’s menu sports 25 varieties of pizza in three different sizes, ranging from a small Margherita Pizza at 95 baht to a “super family size” Meat Lover Pizza at 2,090 baht that will feed 10 to 15 people. There’s also Calzone (stuffed pizza with spicy Salami, Artichoke, Champignon Mushrooms, and Black Olives) for 320 baht.

But the extensive menu also includes a wide variety of interesting, authentic Italian appetizers, salads, soup, and 23 pasta dishes. The drink list includes Paulaner premium German beer, and nice house red and white wines, as well as a variety of coffee and tea. Pizza Pizza is the first restaurant in Pattaya to serve Mokador coffee, made from top quality South American ground beans that are roasted in Italy.

The best thing about Pizza Pizza is that everything is homemade – including the pasta -- using only top quality, fresh ingredients, many of them flown in from Italy. The salads are made with fresh, hydraponic vegetables. As soon as you walk in the door you’re enveloped with the wonderful aromas of fresh spices that fill the air. That’s because the kitchen area is open, which also means that you can go and watch your mouth-watering selections being made from scratch. You can even see the pizzas and lasagna cooking inside the two huge wood-fired ovens.

The recipes used at Pizza Pizza were handed down by the mother of the restaurant’s founder, Sam Armenio, husband of Thai TV star Yanee Chongvisuit. Sam himself learned to make pizza in Naples. He was in the fine dining business in Bangkok for seven years before opening the first Pizza Pizza restaurant in March at Central World in Bangkok.

“We like to think of ourselves as the modern face of Italian food,” says Scott Tanner, the very personable manager of the Pattaya Pizza Pizza. “We call it gourmet fast food.”

We sampled a variety of dishes from the menu. First up were two fresh salads: the Insalata “Tartufo” (Truffle Salad), made of mixed garden greens drizzled with Gorgonzola and warm Truffle dressing (180 baht); and the Insalata “Francesco,” mixed garden greens topped with Smoked Norwegian Salmon and drizzled with hot and spicy seafood dressing (200 baht). Simply delicious!

Four pasta dishes demonstrated the breadth and depth of the menu. First was Al Porcini, a rice-shaped pasta tossed with Porcini Mushrooms and Parmesan in a creamy Butter sauce (200 baht). Next was Quattro Formaggi Gnocchi, a Potato-based pasta in a smooth blend of fresh Mozzarella, Parmesan, Asiagio and Gorgonzola cream sauce (180 baht). Scott says Thais love the next offering, Al Granchio, a spicy Spaghetti dish with big chunks of fresh Crab meat (240 baht). The top specialty of the house – which also turned out to be the favorite of our party – is the Ravioli Foie Gras in Truffle Cream Sauce (Ravioli stuffed with imported Goose Liver and sauteed Wild Mushrooms blended with Truffle cream sauce), 290 baht.

Rounding out the sumptuous meal was Sam’s Special Pizza, topped with shredded Ham, Champignon Mushrooms, spicy Salami, Shrimps, and dried Chilli (350 baht for the regular size).

Although Pizza Pizza has only been open for less than a month, it was packed on Tuesday evening. And as a measure of just how authentic the food is, Scott says a lot of Italian tourists have been coming back day after day.

Pizza Pizza is open daily from noon to midnight, with plans to stay open until 2 am in the near future. Telephone: 038-723-929. Enjoy!

Again my opinion, while I don't think Pizza Pizza is bad pizza, I do think that Pizza Big will be more to the taste of American pizza lovers. Pizza Pizza indeed has a thin crispy crust and to my palate, fairly TASTELESS crust. These things are based on subjective preferences, except for places like Nicks the Pizza, which should be called Pizza Bad.

Edited by Jingthing

• 9 months later...

As mentioned Pizza Pizza is very good if you like thin and crispy.... although they have raised prices recently, think it is 120 b for a small bottle of heinken

Suprised nobody has mentioned Hofbrew House (spelling?) on beach road near Royal garden and their home brew beer is fantastic...

For me, Pizza hit and Pizza Co are absolutely sh#t

Edited by William Osborne

This week's "best pizza" thread.

Dao Cafe on the Farside is great...quality cheese and meat...medium crust...B 190...brothel in the back...what's not to like!

What soi is Dao Cafe on? I want to give this place a try........?

the cafe or the brothel :D the cafe is on the soi that runs between Soi Nerplubwan & Soi Khaotalo.. take a right just before the petrol station on Soi Nerplubwan..... for the "bar" you have to drive around the back and there is a single door , there are no signs ,all very discreet :)

Edited by William Osborne

Poster: Avoid Pizza Pizza at all costs. Almost nothing to eat, eith crust or toppings, and expensive. There is a Pizza Pizza thread where the place is given thumbs down by poster after poster.

May they go out of business soon so that no one is ripped off by them thinking that they will actually receive something to eat in a pizza parlor. You would think they are serving an appetizer and it is the entire pizza.

I have had 2 pizzas at Cosa Nostra 2 on Soi Buakow last week. If you like a thin crust pizza it is A+. I had the marguarita pizza at 150 baht and found it to be perfect. I ate one there and enjoyed it so much I took one home and stuck it in the freezer. Heated it up a few days later and it was just a good as freshly made. I come from NYC, where we have great pizza and I have a fairly good eye for a good pie..........enjoy!!

Eric -- Where on Soi Buakhao is Cosa Nostra 2?

And if you like NY pizza (ala John's on Bleeker?) you gotta try

Pizza Big in Naklua. Closest I've seen/tasted to NY pizza.

Poster: Avoid Pizza Pizza at all costs. Almost nothing to eat, eith crust or toppings, and expensive. There is a Pizza Pizza thread where the place is given thumbs down by poster after poster.

May they go out of business soon so that no one is ripped off by them thinking that they will actually receive something to eat in a pizza parlor. You would think they are serving an appetizer and it is the entire pizza.

Well, their newer location at Central Plaza seems empty or near empty every time I have looked, so I think that location is failing. I agree their value proposition, price for portion is horrid. I agree an entire pizza is a tiny meal. Its minimalistic, much more so than the Italian pizzas you actually get in Italy.

Edited by Jingthing

Pizza Pizza, is a very successful chain with more than 27 locations in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Barry

I find that hard to believe. They have two locations in Pattaya. I think the Avenue location is doing OK but like I said the Central Plaza place always looks empty. Their under construction website mentions Hua Hin. So you are saying perhaps 24 locations in Bangkok (I only know about the Central World location which in my experience was much better than Pattaya)? In any case, having lots of locations does not always translate into good value products.

Edited by Jingthing

Pizza Pizza, is a very successful chain with more than 27 locations in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Barry

I find that hard to believe. They have two locations in Pattaya. I think the Avenue location is doing OK but like I said the Central Plaza place always looks empty. Their under construction website mentions Hua Hin. So you are saying perhaps 24 locations in Bangkok (I only know about the Central World location which in my experience was much better than Pattaya)? In any case, having lots of locations does not always translate into good value products.

I saw the owner who is a Thai movie actress on TV and she said they had 27 locations.

Barry

Barry

I saw the owner who is a Thai movie actress on TV and she said they had 27 locations.

Barry

I still don't believe it.