Need Nice Apartment Near Santitham Road

stament

I stayed at the Emporium residence last time and liked the place and am keen to stay in the area. I saw a couple of new condo's being built nearby that looked nice (just past the roundabout as you go towards Chiang Mai) and wondered what the names of these places were. Does anyone know please?

Alternatively, if anyone knows of something a bit better than Emporium Residence in the area then perhaps you could advise.

Many thanks and happy new year!

I stayed at the Emporium residence last time and liked the place and am keen to stay in the area. I saw a couple of new condo's being built nearby that looked nice (just past the roundabout as you go towards Chiang Mai) and wondered what the names of these places were. Does anyone know please?

Alternatively, if anyone knows of something a bit better than Emporium Residence in the area then perhaps you could advise.

You should try Noppakao Place, brand new condotel just off Santitham Road about 500M North of Emporium on Thongkwao Road. Rooms have a high quality finish and, I understand, reasonable rates. They have a website: noppakaoplace.com This place is easily the most upmarket in the area now; better and cheaper than the somewhat overpriced Viangbua Mansion.

I'm not sure which the other places you refer to are, but there are a couple of new developments on Moracot Road just off Santitham (First left after Emporium heading towards the circle). One is called View Doi or something similar, from the outside it looks similar to Emporium, maybe a little more downmarket. I think the other place is called Ban Kong Rao but it looks more upmarket, boutique type thing, has signs in English and have seen a few Farang wandering in and out. The ITM massage school on Santitham has a long list of nearby accomodation on its website too: itmthaimassage.com

Many thanks and happy new year!

This may be a little too far out for you (it's about 1km from Emporium towards Doi Suthep) but if you're looking for a really nice apartment in a lovely place at a very reasonable price (THB15000 per month), take a look at (eliteproperty.co.th/?mode=property&task=view&itemid=146)

Good luck

stayment.

i dont know the emporium but this new hotel called the loft is at the back of tops car park sort of in the santitham area.

its brand new and the 7500 a month rooms ( separate bedroom ) are huge and the 4500 ones are a bit small but the bigest drawback for me was no lift !

a few flights of stairs at 59 is ok but the room i wanted was on the top floor so it was a no no for me .... it might suit you ?

for the front entrance turn right at the 7 eleven after the short time hotel on the main road

theres a back entrance in the corner ( behind that white van ) of tops car park.

have a look .... enjoy .... dave2

ps ... i think they are that desperate for customers they may have dropped the price by now ? .... try asking : )

i dont know the emporium but this new hotel called the loft is at the back of tops car park sort of in the santitham area

I saw that place as it was going up Dave but haven't got around to viewing it yet. Personally I need a fast internet connection and a few places I've visited with a wireless setup don't allow you to connect to TRUE and the like as they make money on the wireless deal. Haven't found any wireless connections all that reliable or consistent yet :o

Are the floors in the room all tile? 8 Baht a unit of electricity seems to be the norm these days, but you can still find it cheaper in some places. That's one of the great things about living in a condo as the power is charged directly from the grid. I'm home online most days with the TV on in the background, micro heating up snacks and drinks al day, and last month my total bill for the 1 bed 74 SQM condo was just 187 Baht. It doesn't get any better than that :D

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

You might try to do a deal with my lovely friend Nolan who owns Santitham Guest House.

It is full of character and way better than your normal guest house. It's actually several buildings and every room's different with nice shared areas......kitchen.....sitting rooms etc.

Do a google.

John

You might try to do a deal with my lovely friend Nolan who owns Santitham Guest House.

It is full of character and way better than your normal guest house. It's actually several buildings and every room's different with nice shared areas......kitchen.....sitting rooms etc.

Do a google.

John

Whilst Santitham Guest House is definitely a beautiful place, AFAIK most of the current rooms don't have ensuite bathrooms. They are building more rooms and the place has been a construction site for a couple of years with no sign they'll finish anytime soon. With construction and a street level location on Santitham it's going to be noisey!

Similarly, the Loft place by Tops. I'm not suprised they are desparate for customers - its right next to Differ (Back of the old Simon Cabaret). A very popular lo-so Discotec open until about 6:00 a.m. Unless you're entirely nocturnal be careful!

Edited by Paagai

paagai.

Similarly, the Loft place by Tops. I'm not suprised they are desparate for customers - its right next to Differ (Back of the old Simon Cabaret). A very popular lo-so Discotec open until about 6:00 a.m. Unless you're entirely nocturnal be careful!

ahhhhh ... is that what those two old buildings in tops car park are or were ?

i went all round the lofts area mornings , afternoons and evenings many times ( admitedly early 9 ish ) listening for music , bells , chickens , tanoy systems , temple clocks / drums etc and only noticed one of those places open one night and there were only families with young kids going in to what i thought , eat ?

maybe it turns into a raving disco later ? and why they were almost begging me to move in .

sorry if i threw stament a bum steer .... dave2

paagai.

i went all round the lofts area mornings , afternoons and evenings many times ( admitedly early 9 ish ) listening for music , bells , chickens , tanoy systems , temple clocks / drums etc and only noticed one of those places open one night and there were only families with young kids going in to what i thought , eat ?

maybe it turns into a raving disco later ? and why they were almost begging me to move in .

sorry if i threw stament a bum steer .... dave2

Thanks I know where Tops is and to be honest it didn't sound too appealing in terms of location. I'd want something similar to Emporium Residence and near Santithum but a bit of an upgrade or bigger room.

Any others anyone knows of?

Thanks

Anyone doing a bit of home hunting might want to print off a copy of The Home Hunter's Check List

Aitch

this one is nice but down a soi opposite kad suan kaew ( just past the laos airline office ) but when they wanted nearly four months rent in advance ( one month yes two possibly but four ? .... nahhh ) and 1000 baht deposit for a 100 baht lan cable i smiled said thank you ..... bye bye

dave2

ps ..... if anyone likes quiet and is prepared to risk loosing 30 odd thousand baht ( read other thread about loosing deposit ) .... move here coz you wont have any noisy people to worry about for a long time : )

enjoy ..... dave2

this one is nice but down a soi opposite kad suan kaew ( just past the laos airline office ) but when they wanted nearly four months rent in advance ( one month yes two possibly but four ? .... nahhh ) and 1000 baht deposit for a 100 baht lan cable i smiled said thank you ..... bye bye

dave2

ps ..... if anyone likes quiet and is prepared to risk loosing 30 odd thousand baht ( read other thread about loosing deposit ) .... move here coz you wont have any noisy people to worry about for a long time : )

enjoy ..... dave2

I know the one and I agree with you. Thanks but no thanks.

I'd prefer nearer Santitham anyhow as more places to eat/drink there

Thanks for your posts

this one is nice but down a soi opposite kad suan kaew ( just past the laos airline office ) but when they wanted nearly four months rent in advance

Why would they be asking for 4 months advance rent when you can get a room there on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual arrangement? I guess there's a heavy discount for a 6 or 12 month contract right?

Aitch

aitch.

i didnt ask many questions here coz the girls english was as bad as my thai ( almost zilch ) but the way i read this ( and i may be wrong but after reading it and the other five pages that came with it ) i had almost lost the will to live .

for a monthly rental they want four months rent money up front !

no way .... not going to happen with me ... bye bye

if you read it differently from me thats ok but i dont enter rediculous contracts with conditions like that .

1000 baht to change your room when some noisy ******* moves in above you ?

as a monthly customer who mignt stay for ? ? years they should be falling over themselves to keep you happy not charging you 1000 baht

dave2 : )

Yep, that's the old Simon Cabaret - in fact, originally, the large carpark area was more the Simon Cabaret car park than anything to do with Tops (or Rimping back then...) - full of tour busses in it heydey! There's also a bar restaurant place at the back of the car park now.

Differ doesn't start getting busy until about 1.00 a.m. The parking areas is the space between the Loft Condo and the Disco - gets packed and plenty of noise from the motorbikes. The entrance to Differ is round the back so you can't see it from the road.

Stament:

A couple more suggestions are D&D Mansion on Thanin Road and Gold Place on Viangbua Road, though you probably know these already and frankly, I'd think Emporium is better and these would be a downgrade!