Thai And Muslim Relationship

sammm

Hello all,

I am muslim man I meet Thai girl online ? Anybody has experience with online dating ? do thai ladies find muslim guys attractive ?

Thanks,

If the truth be told Thai women tell us farangs of European descent they hate you, but im willing to bet the ones in Arab quarters say the same about us.

Keep on trolling.

Hello all,

I am muslim man I meet Thai girl online ? Anybody has experience with online dating ? do thai ladies find muslim guys attractive ?

Thanks,

If the truth be told Thai women tell us farangs of European descent they hate you, but im willing to bet the ones in Arab quarters say the same about us.

Keep on trolling.

that is what i heard from many of my friends!!!!!!!!!

but she does know iam descent and non religious person

As a whole, Thais generally do not care for Arabs, Africans, Indians, and Pakastanis, and non-Muslim women from the southern part of Thailand are not that fond now of Thai Muslims. So about general acceptance in the Thai population, I would think that your ethnic background would have more to do with that than your religion.  However, the mere fact that there are many "professional" women workng the Arab and African population shows that all people are different. And I know a Sri Lankan man who is quite dark and looks very typical for that country, and he has no problem dating Thai women.

If your internet match is merely looking for a means of support, then I doubt that your being Muslim will put her off.  Support is support no matter from where it comes. And if she is looking for real love, well, all people are different.  Assuming she is Buddhist (if she was a THai Muslim, I don't think you would have posted your question here), she may be an open-minded person who looks beyond things like race and religion and try to see the heart of a person.

Many Thai or Burmese girls find many Muslim men attractive, the streets of Hat Yai or Songai Kolok are full of them, but I don't think that is what you are talking about.

As a decent Muslim man, you would find that there are cultural differences with non-muslim girls, but also that many of them are equally decent people, with good moral standards. And as was already mentioned, many Thai girls are already Muslim too, perhaps this dating web-site is used by Thai muslims ?

You have met this girl on the internet, the next step is to meet her in person, to get to know her better. You may perhaps have to work harder, to get to understand the cultural differences between you, but you have exactly the same chance as in any other relationship. People are still people. Good Luck ! :o

One of my best mates is an Iraqi Muslim/Moslem and he looks like a wanted terrorist, ugly as an elelephant's arse, 5 o'clock shadow etc.

The Aussie women love him because he makes eye contact constantly while chatting and speaks quietly.

He has a Jai dee and it comes across straight away. Thai girls would love him. :o

It all depends on how you behave.

edited for spiling. :D

Edited by GungaDin

If you are non religious, how can you be muslim?

WIKI:

A Muslim (Arabic: مسلم‎), pronounced /ˈmʊslɪm/, is an adherent of the religion of Islam. The feminine form is Muslimah[1] (Arabic: مسلمة‎). Literally, the word means "one who submits (to God)".

Edited by OlRedEyes

WIKI:

A Muslim (Arabic: مسلم‎), pronounced /ˈmʊslɪm/, is an adherent of the religion of Islam. The feminine form is Muslimah[1] (Arabic: مسلمة‎). Literally, the word means "one who submits (to God)".

By definition, a religion is a world view that tells us what to believe and how to live. It is composed of ideas, i.e. doctrines, and values

and I do not believe in those doctrines.

parents do :o

Well to be honest unless you advertise it, doubt Thai(s) will care about your religion. However there are preconceived notions about Arab/Middle Eastern lads that you must over come. If you treat ladies with respect and very well I dare say you won't have a problem.

Hello all,

Thanks,

There are plenty of Thais that are also Muslims.

Yes, about 4,6% or some 3 million Thai Muslim.

LaoPo

Wife's father was Muslim and mother Buddhist.

Father converted to Buddhism to marry the mother as mother did not want to convert to Islam. Infact wifes' grandfather (he also married a non muslim)on her fathers side, let his kids choose their religion and all the girls became buddhist.

All of them told the wife not to marry a muslim guy/southerner as they were mean spirited ppl. (hey its their words not mine!!!!!)

Wife's father was Muslim and mother Buddhist.

Father converted to Buddhism to marry the mother as mother did not want to convert to Islam. Infact wifes' grandfather (he also married a non muslim)on her fathers side, let his kids choose their religion and all the girls became buddhist.

All of them told the wife not to marry a muslim guy/southerner as they were mean spirited ppl. (hey its their words not mine!!!!!)

interesting story :D

happy to go to temples and like thai culture but iam aethist :o

WIKI:

By definition, a religion is a world view that tells us what to believe and how to live. It is composed of ideas, i.e. doctrines, and values

If you don't believe in those doctrines, why even worry about it? Don't want to sound mean spirited, but if you no longer believe in those doctrines, why even define your self as Muslim? I don't know your current beliefs, but it's wrong to box yourself into a definition you don't fit into. If you parents were die hard believers in Flat Earth, yet you discovered they were wrong, would you still label yourself as a Flat Earther?

I was raised in a Jewish household, but after studying the various religions and having some deep critical thinking about the whole thing rejected all of it. Well, not those parts that are universal such as goodness to others and what not, but the whole invisible person(s) in the sky part. In fact, in early December I had to visit the hospital for a bruised muscle. One of the questions on the admittance form was my religion. My old lady didn't even know what it was (was never brought up before), and was surprised I wasn't Christian. The doctor couldn't believe that I didn't affiliate with any religion, so after a bunch of head scratching and consulting on the Thai's part I decided it would be faster just to let them put down my family's belief system rather than press the issue.

So after all that, I guess that I was trying to say there's a good chance it won't matter if there's plenty of emotion between you two. If however she's asking this before even having a face to face meeting perhaps religion is important to her. If that's true, be honest. Tell her that you were raised Muslim but you could not reconcile your personal beliefs with that religion. The ball is then in her court and she'll have to decide whether or not the answer is acceptable to her. Will she try and 'convert' you? If that would go against your current beliefs let her know so that there's no messy problems down the road.

WIKI:

Then why do you say you are muslim?

Muslims are muslims

My grand ma is a christian, i do not believe in baby jesus, am i a christian? no.

WIKI:

If you don't believe in those doctrines, why even worry about it? Don't want to sound mean spirited, but if you no longer believe in those doctrines, why even define your self as Muslim? I don't know your current beliefs, but it's wrong to box yourself into a definition you don't fit into. If you parents were die hard believers in Flat Earth, yet you discovered they were wrong, would you still label yourself as a Flat Earther?

I was raised in a Jewish household, but after studying the various religions and having some deep critical thinking about the whole thing rejected all of it. Well, not those parts that are universal such as goodness to others and what not, but the whole invisible person(s) in the sky part. In fact, in early December I had to visit the hospital for a bruised muscle. One of the questions on the admittance form was my religion. My old lady didn't even know what it was (was never brought up before), and was surprised I wasn't Christian. The doctor couldn't believe that I didn't affiliate with any religion, so after a bunch of head scratching and consulting on the Thai's part I decided it would be faster just to let them put down my family's belief system rather than press the issue.

So after all that, I guess that I was trying to say there's a good chance it won't matter if there's plenty of emotion between you two. If however she's asking this before even having a face to face meeting perhaps religion is important to her. If that's true, be honest. Tell her that you were raised Muslim but you could not reconcile your personal beliefs with that religion. The ball is then in her court and she'll have to decide whether or not the answer is acceptable to her. Will she try and 'convert' you? If that would go against your current beliefs let her know so that there's no messy problems down the road.

I have explained to her :D yet she keeps asking me what is my religion ? :D

I guess for thai people it is not so common to meet a situation like this !

WIKI:

Then why do you say you are muslim?

Muslims are muslims

My grand ma is a christian, i do not believe in baby jesus, am i a christian? no.

I guess i should say : from muslim family :D

I have explained to her :D yet she keeps asking me what is my religion ? :o

I've only ran into it once. However, it seems that Thais are religious, whatever they choose to believe in. I'm always being dragged off to tam boon and there's plenty of large nice looking mosques around Bangkok. Up in Nakhon Sawan there's even a Catholic mission and there's a large Catholic seminary in Chonburi. So, it's not surprising that she would be interested I guess. If the idea of leaving the faith is so hard for her to digest, just admit that you're Muslim and are interested in her religion even if you have no desire to follow it. Basically a lie, but a few token gestures at a wat, some feigned interest in the holidays, and you'll be able to eventually convince her that you actually are NOT interested in religion, but respect her rights to her beliefs. If this arrangement isn't acceptable to either party, don't force the issue as there are plenty of other possibilities out there.

Hello all,

Thanks,

You should meet her first. I dont see any reason why should she be concerned about your religion, however, you must check her background first. Probably she had had a bad relationship with any muslim before.

It also depends which country you belong to, and your race. For example a Pakistani born person who becomes US citizen will still be treated as a "brown" skin guy no matter he is now a US citizen. In my opinion, most girls care a lot about skin color as they perceive that white people earn/have more money than other races. No, I am not talking about ladies in the night profession, but in general.

So, I guess if she is a lady with a decent job, she would never care about your religion, unless ...... :o

One of my best mates is an Iraqi Muslim/Moslem and he looks like a wanted terrorist, ugly as an elelephant's arse, 5 o'clock shadow etc.

The Aussie women love him because he makes eye contact constantly while chatting and speaks quietly.

He has a Jai dee and it comes across straight away. Thai girls would love him. :o

I have heard a number of Western women express this eye contact thing as something Arab men tend to do and which is very alluring. I am not interjecting anything else as far as cross-cultural dating between Arabs and non-Arabs, but I have heard this particular aspect mentioned more than once.

However, to bring this back on-topic, I have also heard more than once rather disparaging remarks made by Thais towards Arabs, remarks usually made by women with reference to dating or marrying an Arab man. Several times I have asked why they are taking such a prejudicial view, and all I could get was some sort of shrug or the comment that they are "dirty" (I have probably heard that one at least three times.) Once I even went into it more and pointed out that the aspect of family and taking care of one's family in the Arab world is far closer to the Thai cultural aspect of it than the general Western view of family is to the Thai, (pointing out, in my mind, that at least in that one aspect, an Arab-Thai marriage might be closer alike than a Thai-Western marriage) but that did not get too far.

This is not limited to Thai women and Arabs, though. I was in Nigeria with my Thai business partner, and at dinner, we got into a short conversation about local dishes with two rather stunning Nigerian women at the adjoining table. After they left, I raised my eyebrow in the typical fashion that most men might do after such a contact, and he was not impressed. I was surprised, to be honest, and asked him how he could not have admired their rather impressive figures, and he used the "dirty" comment. And this is a great guy, one of the nicest people I have ever met.

This is an unfortunate characterstic of many Thai people, at least many in my observations. But I do think it has less to do with being Muslim as being from certain countries or ethnic groups.

I have explained to her :D yet she keeps asking me what is my religion ? :D

I've only ran into it once. However, it seems that Thais are religious, whatever they choose to believe in. I'm always being dragged off to tam boon and there's plenty of large nice looking mosques around Bangkok. Up in Nakhon Sawan there's even a Catholic mission and there's a large Catholic seminary in Chonburi. So, it's not surprising that she would be interested I guess. If the idea of leaving the faith is so hard for her to digest, just admit that you're Muslim and are interested in her religion even if you have no desire to follow it. Basically a lie, but a few token gestures at a wat, some feigned interest in the holidays, and you'll be able to eventually convince her that you actually are NOT interested in religion, but respect her rights to her beliefs. If this arrangement isn't acceptable to either party, don't force the issue as there are plenty of other possibilities out there.

Yes, I think we have all done these small things to keep our other halves happy.

My wife knows that I am not a religious person, but I don't find it hard to have respect for her beliefs and religion, infact it isn't an issue with us.

:o:D

:o what's the problem with Arabs? I am one...

That is a good question, and I have never received a real answer.

But then again, are there usually answers for why any group of people is prejudiced towards another?

Zaza, as you know, I have lived in the Middle East, and I am not expressing my personal views but merely what I have observed in in Thailand with regards to the OP's original question.

Edited by bonobo

I was refraining from posting a serious post since am on a bad mood lately (so I am afraid I'll be a bit rough and tough on the soft members here :o )

But to add up my 2 Fils opinion on this issue.

1-If that's a normal dating website with "I want you care me" women ; am sure they would prefer rich men- regardless of any other specifications on their race and religion.

2-Any true devotees from any religion would NOT choose a person from another religion.

3-If that girl is a genuine nice person, she would care about who you are not what you look like or own or where you from.

4-I know and have met many happy married Arab-Thai couples ,most of the wives were Buddhists. These women are envied by their friends because the good Arabic men do really take care for their families very well. ( if you don't believe this or you don't like it - UP TO YOU :D )

Even if they would divorce ,normally they pay a big alimony for the wife and a lifetime commitment to all their kids' expenses.

Go to the International school that teaches Arabic language in Bangkok ,you will notice most of the students there are Thai-Arab . Or go to the Arabic Social club ,then you would realize a different reality from all these silly worthless misconceptions made by bigoted morons.

BTW, bonobo, I heard that line of (dirty stinking men been said on ALL farangs not only Arabs!) :D

Edited by zaza

Hello all,

Thanks,

Can a Muslim be with another person, of other religion, more direct, with an infidel???

I have heard not, when on the other side of this, Muslim women surely can not!

I guess you talked about your self then :D Just kidding Mate