Our Chicken Killer Dog

jaideeguy

No issue. Put the dog down or send it on it's way to Laos / Vietnam.

The missus knows that if one goes after the kid or her or me then it is gone. One way or another. Even one taking too much interest in the baby will have to go. Don't give a hoot if right or wrong. My daughter is not getting ,mauled by some dog as many Thai kids are.

Every dog is different. Some are easier to train than others. My dog that loves to go after the feral pigs (they are notorious

dog killers) but will leave the kalij (imported Indian pheasants) and my neighbors cat alone. Although only a couple years old

he knows what meets my disapproval.

He loves people and is very mellow with children. He was a undisciplined juvenile when we got him. With a lot of love and

attention he has bonded with the wife and I and is loved by our neighbors. With their permission he is allowed to roam free.

It helps that we live in an isolated area next to the rainforest.

Drastic circumstances sometimes call for drastic measures. No animal should be a burden on their neighbors. Some of our

neighbors either have fenced in properties or kennels for their dogs. Luckily for us and our dog he is well behaved.

• 1 month later...

Permanently curing a chicken-killing dog is akin to curing an alcoholic, at best.

Simply put, there is no permanent cure.... it is always just a matter of time.

I think you need to find another good home for your dog, and get a new family pet even if it is another dog.

Cheers