New Year's Celebrations Cancelled

joebuzzard

apparently they're short of farang blood, never had so many injured farangs at one time.

Farang blood? :o

Farang blood in this case means RH group, but I can't remember if it's positive or negative; only 0.03% OF Thais have this blood group whilst with Caucasians the figure is much higher, hence the shortage of RH in Thai bloodbanks.

bannork.

In light of the tsunami disaster, the government has ordered a stop to the big celebrations of New Year's Eve. These include the festival around Rama VIII bridge and Central World Plaza.

Please quote your source.

Without a link to your source the information is worthless, anyone can post a topic saying "XXX has decided to do this, that or the other"

Yeah, and anyone can post in a thread taking the p is s out of the original poster for starting the topic in the first place. xxxx you.

In light of the tsunami disaster, the government has ordered a stop to the big celebrations of New Year's Eve. These include the festival around Rama VIII bridge and Central World Plaza.

Without a link to your source the information is worthless, anyone can post a topic saying "XXX has decided to do this, that or the other"

Yeah, and anyone can post in a thread taking the p is s out of the original poster for starting the topic in the first place. xxxx you.

This is an interesting altercation. I've always wondered why everyone insists on website links to everything. Some of us get a lot of information from books, magazines, television and radio. I had an argument in the Bearpit with a bloke about this. My argument was that a lot of the information on the net is made up crap anyway. At least with published periodicals, tv and radio the author or presenter has to have some sort of credibility; especially with books. I will give Wolfie something though; the poster gave no source until later in the thread, the Nation newspaper.

This is an interesting altercation. I've always wondered why everyone insists on website links to everything. Some of us get a lot of information from books, magazines, television and radio. I had an argument in the Bearpit with a bloke about this. My argument was that a lot of the information on the net is made up crap anyway. At least with published periodicals, tv and radio the author or presenter has to have some sort of credibility; especially with books. I will give Wolfie something though; the poster gave no source until later in the thread, the Nation newspaper.

I was doing the best I could with the information I had at the time. If I didn't think the info was reliable or of any use, I wouldn't have wasted my time in posting it. Maybe next time I come across any information I deem worthy of this forum, I'll just keep it to myself rather than share it.