Budget Drinking-holes In Pattaya/jomtien

syd barrett

As I remarked on an earlier post I often grab a large Chang at Friendship and sit outside on the provided seating and have a morning beer.

Does anyone know of similar such establishments in Pattaya/Jomtien?

EG. Any 7-11 or Family Marts with seating arrangements outside?

Sorry to be a Cheap Charlie but I am now the Baht is sub-50 (GBP)!

Excellent idea for a topic OP, your certainly right about the exchange rate woes!

Not really into sitting outside a shop here but would be interested in where all the cheap bars are, i know about the Minny Bar on Soi 7 and the ones around it but are there any more Cheap Charlie bars?

There is/was a small Thai supermarket on Soi Diana that often had an old lad or two sitting out the front with a Chang or Leo in hand.

There's a pretty good crowd that does their drinking inside TOPS market on pattaya central. They've got

a couple different seating areas with a restaurant and another like deli section if you want food. Can't beat

it really, air-con, comfortable. If I had to guess, I'd say it was mostly a German contingent that gather for

a little comradeship at lunchtime or later in the afternoon? I've also noticed even at carrefour they have

"beer towers" and draft offerings? Yep, with some of the pricing at the local bars and the service being

well, "lacking" I think many are starting to think along the same lines as you. Why bother paying more. :o

just as they do back in dagenham , dewsbury or dunfirmline , tesco stores here often have seating outside , and beer for sale inside.

most tescos in the uk are replete with a bunch of dishevelled blokes sitting ( or laying down) outside , sucking on cans of beer or bottles of cider and leering and shouting at the ladies as they come and go .

lolling around and drinking from cans outside tescos from dawn until dusk is a long established british tradition and its good to see some folks here trying to preserve those good old fashioned values in a public place on a distant shore.

Excellent idea for a topic OP, your certainly right about the exchange rate woes!

Not really into sitting outside a shop here but would be interested in where all the cheap bars are, i know about the Minny Bar on Soi 7 and the ones around it but are there any more Cheap Charlie bars?

There is/was a small Thai supermarket on Soi Diana that often had an old lad or two sitting out the front with a Chang or Leo in hand.

There's a bar at the Beach Road end of Soi 8 called the Sailor Bar.

Tiger 40 baht, Sang Som an' coke 20 baht. A nice cafe is attached.

Don't expect a warm welcome though, nearly all the girls look as though they lost a hundred baht and found 10.

The Thai service ethic certainly didn't reach this bar.

Also 'The Way of the World (?) betwen Soi 7 and 8 Beach Road end, Most beers 45 baht, live band, friendly.

Wonderful bars one and two on second road .

We are the World Bar ,Beach road between soi 7 and 8

Most of the bars on New Plaza ( opposite soi 8 ,on the other side of second road )

Bar on soi 7 at the junction opposite the pig and whistle .

There's a bar at the Beach Road end of Soi 8 called the Sailor Bar.

Tiger 40 baht, Sang Som an' coke 20 baht. A nice cafe is attached.

Don't expect a warm welcome though, nearly all the girls look as though they lost a hundred baht and found 10.

The Thai service ethic certainly didn't reach this bar.

Also 'The Way of the World (?) betwen Soi 7 and 8 Beach Road end, Most beers 45 baht, live band, friendly.

Yes Sailor Bar has a 24hr Happy Hour with beers 40/45 baht.

The girls behind the bar are there to sell drinks, and the girls on the customer side (bar girls) take care of the customers ! :D:D:D

The Way of the World bar is a very popular bar, especially in the evenig and night when the live music is on. Beer prices reasonable. :D

:o

Some good feeback coming in.

Here is a good find:

In Naklua on Soi 16 about half way down on the right-hand side coming from the Naklua Road there is a small private general store which provides tables and chairs for general public. All beer at normal shop prices and well chilled.

Soi Nernplubwann,on the right side coming from the Sukhumvit Road, just before the Soi going to The Dao Cafe, a shop called ~Mini Market~, nice tables and chairs, good service, very clean toilet, big Leo 42 Thb with or without glass.

Edited by luckyluke

Jesus guys I can't believe this is even a topic. There are plenty of places around Pattaya where you can get a cheap drink. Sly was right in post 4 why don't you just buy a plastic chair and sits way you like, you could park your arse in the middle of walking st and watch all the sites go by., or why don’t you come back to Blity and join the local tramps in the park sitting on the bench. I'm not talking about having a quiet beer while the wife go’s and dose the shopping, that's fine, but from the way you're talking it sounds like you would stay at them all day, personally the people I see drinking outside the supermarket's are normally German, and a drunk German and drunk a Englishmen normally ends in trouble

Good luck thou 

As I remarked on an earlier post I often grab a large Chang at Friendship and sit outside on the provided seating and have a morning beer.

The open market at soi 7 in Jomtien does that. Always a few guys sitting around imbibing.

At todays exchange rate 50 baht is more than I pay per stubby (carton x 24) in Oz! Anyone charging that or more can go procreate themselves!

This is an online trader, I can get the same price somewhere else like one of the supermarkets.

post-63954-1231682072_thumb.png

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the big air conditioned place in Jomtien Plaza. I think all drinks are 40 baht including Heineken. I was waiting for someone to mention it because I can't remember the name. There are also tables outside. If you enter the Plaza and walk past Las Vegas, keep walking and it is towards the beach a ways and off that soi to the right.

There's a small Thai Farmers shop on the entrance to Suksabai Villa - Soi 17. You can get 6 Large Leo Beers for 220Bt and you can sit outside his shop all day and half the night if you want.

Which Soi 17?

Is there more than one?

Not with Suksabai Villa as a reference.

Starts at the back of the school on the corner of Pattaya Tai and Second Road - continues roughly parallel to Pattaya Tai on the other side of the covered market opposite Krung Thai Bank - creeps round the Sois at the back of Tukcom - gors up to Third Road (Sai Sam) and crosses at the traffic lights - keeps going east past the badminton club - varries on through much new development up to Flyblown Condo (sorry - FlyBIRD) - until you reach Liberty Mansion and the Lion Bar - turns right here and carries on to the Caddy Shack and Eden Hotel, where it magically transforms itself into Soi 10 Thepprasit and eventually emerge on Thepprasit at one of the bike shops, with the go-kart track opposite. On the way you have passed the Pink Lady Kitchen (cheap breakfast) and Suksabai Villa (behind Liberty Mansion). Also passed several cheap ticket shops, cheap laundries, cheap internet shops, cheap rooms, cheap moto-cy taxis, cheap markets, cheap tools and hardeare, cheap chemists/drugstores/apoteks, cheap 7-11s, cheap Fanily Marts and many, many Charlies.

Plenty of places all over. But.. why would anyone want a 'morning beer'? Yuk..Just doesn't taste right to me before 12pm. Each to their own I suppose.