Ems Express Courier = Worthless?

rainman

I sent 2 Christmas cards (with EMS) on the 22nd of December and 1 package (normal AirMail) on the 26th of December to Canada. Today I got a call from the package recipient saying thanks for the package, so I was a bit confused why I didn't hear anything from the recipients of the Christmas cards. I thought they would have arrived by now, considering I paid EMS for them (around 1,200 Baht each). So I checked the tracking numbers and to my shock, it said:

December 22, 2008 16:03:44 Accept

December 22, 2008 16:28:06 Items Into Container

December 22, 2008 17:23:34 Dispatch

January 7, 2009 13:50:32 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Outgoing International

They actually only left Suvarnabhumi for Canada this afternoon. That is 16 days, nearly 3 weeks, after I sent them ...with EMS! That's the sad part. The funny part is that the package I sent normal AirMail 4 days later, arrived in Canada at the recipient's address today. The same day the 2 EMS left Bangkok.

So ...was I just unlucky? Or is EMS becoming worthless? I'm surely going to the post office tomorrow to ask for my money back on the 2 EMS, because paying 1,200 Baht for the 2 EMS to lay around Suvarnabhumi for nearly 3 weeks is unacceptable.

:o

You were just unlucky. We sent 2 EMS parcels from upcountry on 20th December. Both delivery addresses were small country towns.

One to Oz was delivered on December 24th and the other to the US delivered 2 days later on the 26th.

I agree, you were unlucky, normally my EMS stuff arrives in the UK or USA within 5 working days,

yep, i buy alot of stuff off ebay that gets sent ems. 1 week is the longest i have had to wait internationally

I agree, you were unlucky, normally my EMS stuff arrives in the UK or USA within 5 working days,

I've had EMS arrive in London in 3 days only to have Royal Mail <deleted> things up and take 2 weeks to deliver.

Edited by PattayaParent

I sent three packages to the UK on Friday 19th Dec, registered but not EMS.

Two (to the Midlands and Northwest) arrived on Christmas Eve, but the one going to the wilds of South Wales wasn't received until the 29th or 30th.