Koh Chang/4 Nights In Feb/book Ahead Or Just Show Up?

kharmabum

hi all, i'm heading to koh chang for 4 nights in february and was hoping to get some advice as wether or not i should book a room in advance online. i know sometimes the internet prices are cheaper than if you just show up, but sometimes they are not. i'm looking to spend less than 1000 baht a night with breakfast included. right now i'm leaning toward the fan bungalow at alina resort on white beach for 800 baht per night. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

You should be able to find something if you just turn up. Koh Chang wont be so busy, but White Sand is the busiest beach. 800 baht for AC room by the sea including breakfast is a pretty good deal. Even if you do save money by just turning up, you wont find much cheaper on the beach. If you head up the road leading south out of White Sand beach, away from the sea, you might get cheaper but there again you have 10 mins walk to the beach.

You should be able to find something if you just turn up. Koh Chang wont be so busy, but White Sand is the busiest beach. 800 baht for AC room by the sea including breakfast is a pretty good deal. Even if you do save money by just turning up, you wont find much cheaper on the beach. If you head up the road leading south out of White Sand beach, away from the sea, you might get cheaper but there again you have 10 mins walk to the beach.

normally i'd say just show up,but at 800baht a night on the beach there, i'd book it now,thats a good quote.

I'm currently staying in the Alina Grande Hotel which is just across the road from the Alina bungalows and while they are a bit old and small for my more hotel style tastes, they seem good for the price and it's a decently managed place in a good location. Think you can also use the Alina hotel swimming pool free of charge.

• 4 weeks later...