Flying To Toronto

engrin

Go to Jade Travel, downtown Toronto, Chinatown, Huron Street just north of Dundas on the west side. Fly Cathay Pacific Toronto to Hong Kong, wait in Hong Kong 2-3 hours and hop on either Cathay Pacific or Thai Airways for the short hop to Bangkok. You will arrive about 5:30 in the evening.

This means you can get out of Bangkok that night if you wish.

All other flights via Asia do not arrive until late at night.

It cost $1850 in August, and should be lower for that time of year. Jade is about the cheapest you will find in T.O., and lower than Flight Centre and Student Travel.

I forget the name of the agent and will try to look it up, but say a guy who works at Forest Hill Collegiate Institute recommended Jade.

By the way, Cathay Pacific provides very good service compared to Air Canada, China Airlines and the Japanese carrier.

Edited by Tilokarat

If you are flying out of Thailand, try Bangkok - Singapore - London on Singapore Airlines, then they transfer baggage to Air Canada to Toronto. The 7 hour flight on Air Canada is not that horrid. Also, in the past I have flown Bangkok to Beijing on Thai and transfering to Air Canada to Toronto--the latter segment being extremely long.

Try to avoid landing in a US airport, going through immigration :o and security, and then continuing your journey to Toronto. The US immigration agents are really maniacs especially if you a a single male travelling alone, and have a laptop.

Etihad especially if you are flying economy. Decent connections, BKK - AUH -YYZ, new aircraft with decent seat pitch, decent food and plenty . Wine, beer, after dinner drinks, drink service every 1/2 hour throughout the aircraft, amenity kit and great seat back entertainment. Friendly young crew who are not jaded. (except for me) (not young and not too jaded) I also believe our prices are very competitive.

Hello all and thanks for the great advice.

Seems with Ethiad I would have to spend the night in Abudabi and the hotel is NOT included with the ticket price? Anyone know if there is a cheap hotel around or if I can sleep in the airport for cheap?

My father is taking care of the booking. He's getting it through airmiles.

Here's what he has so far.

Ethiad

8:35 pm (April 1) – leave Thailand

11:50 pm – arrive Abudabi

10:10 am – leave Abudabi (have to stay overnight at a hotel)

4:40 pm (April 2) – arrive Toronto

10:45 pm (April 18) – Leave Toronto

8:00 pm (April 19) – arrive Abudabi

10:05 pm (April 19) – leave Abudabi

7:25 am (April 20) – arrive Thailand (sorry not sure if am or pm but the date is the 20th)

Cathay Pacific

6:40 pm (April 1) – Leave Thailand

10:35 pm (April 1) – Arrive Hong Kong

2:30 am (April 2) – Leave Hong Kong

5:45 am (April 2) – Arrive Toronto(sorry not sure if am or pm but the date is the 2nd)

9:35 am (April 18) – Leave Toronto

1:00 pm (April 19) – Arrive Hong Kong

2:25 pm (April 19) – Leave Hong Kong

4:15 pm (April 19) – Arrive Thailand

Air Canada

7:35 am (April 1) – Leave Thailand

3:45 pm (April 1) – Arrive Tokyo

5:00 pm (April 1) – Leave Tokyo

3:50 pm (April 1) – Arrive Toronto

1:15 pm (April 18) – Leave Toronto

3:00 pm (April 19) – Arrive Tokyo

4:55 pm (April 19) – Leave Tokyo