Good Motor Cycle Shop In Bangkok

prepress

Maybe this topic was already adressed before.

I am new here in Bkk. Can someone recommend a good shop for Honda and Yamaha motor cycles in Bangkok.

I am looking for friendly english speaking sales persons, and maybe to make a test ride.

The shops I visited they don't speak english or ignore me. I am a customer who want to spend 50 to 60.000 Baht in cash. So I expect a little more service :o

Helmut

The shops I visited they don't speak english or ignore me. I am a customer who want to spend 50 to 60.000 Baht in cash. So I expect a little more service :o
I am new here in Bkk.

Dont worry.. Over time your expectations will diminish !!

What livinlos said is true. Also if you give abit more info like where in Bangkok are you, what sort of bike are you looking for, what visa do you have (important if you want to register in own name) to name just a few.

Allan

Also if you give abit more info like where in Bangkok are you, what sort of bike are you looking for, what visa do you have

Hi, sorry I forgot this:

Looking for Honda Air Blade or Yamaha Nouvo. I live near Asia Hotel, Ratchatewi, and I'm on a Retirement Visa. But what has the visa to do with a good bike shop? :o

Helmut

I'm on a Retirement Visa. But what has the visa to do with a good bike shop? :o

Helmut

Well, as far as I'm aware, to buy a bike and have it registered in your own name you would need a Non-Imm visa and work permit.

But I'm sure there are others here who will disagree.

I'm on a Retirement Visa. But what has the visa to do with a good bike shop? :o

Helmut

Well, as far as I'm aware, to buy a bike and have it registered in your own name you would need a Non-Imm visa and work permit.

But I'm sure there are others here who will disagree.

No Rustic, not totally disagree with you....you don't need a work permit, just the visa :D

No Rustic, not totally disagree with you....you don't need a work permit, just the visa :D
Hmm. When I bought my bike and renewed my motorcycle license, I had to submit copies of my work permit.

Must be becasue of your visa class then because when i went to do the same it wasnt asked.....i don't have a work permit....but I don't hold you class of visa either (assuming ur on a non immig b visa). Guessing thats why? :o

Only way to get good service is to walk in and hold the money up in the air, then they will be on you like flies on a pile of shit... You might even get a free coke while they draw up the paperwork for you...

You do not need a WP to buy a motorbike but it would surely help...

I have bought a few bikes here and only once I have had to show my WP... (They have all been in my name)...

I agree on the fact that the paperwork needed depends on how you talk to the person doing the paperwork for you... most sales clerks have no idea if foreigners can even buy motorbikes (YES IT IS TRUE)...

Get a Thai friend to help you (Someone that you know, not a lass you met two hours ago)...

No Rustic, not totally disagree with you....you don't need a work permit, just the visa :o
Hmm. When I bought my bike and renewed my motorcycle license, I had to submit copies of my work permit.

For registering my CBR 400 (in my name), just a non immigrant 'o' visa and a declaration from the registration address that I was living there.

The Amphur provided this declaration when the dealer went with me to the Amphur and we waited in the queue for about 2 hours.

OR you get your consulate to issue a certificate of residence (cost about 2000 baht)

No need for a work permit, this is just an urban myth that Thais who aren't used to the other expats who don't work like to wave about.

Only way to get good service is to walk in and hold the money up in the air, then they will be on you like flies on a pile of shit... You might even get a free coke while they draw up the paperwork for you...

You do not need a WP to buy a motorbike but it would surely help...

I have bought a few bikes here and only once I have had to show my WP... (They have all been in my name)...

I agree on the fact that the paperwork needed depends on how you talk to the person doing the paperwork for you... most sales clerks have no idea if foreigners can even buy motorbikes (YES IT IS TRUE)...

Get a Thai friend to help you (Someone that you know, not a lass you met two hours ago)...

Thats probably about one of the most accurate statements I've ever heard of here in thailand & it applies to just about everything you do!

No Rustic, not totally disagree with you....you don't need a work permit, just the visa :o

You can use the work permit as a 'proof of address' in some places.

Basically its visa and any ONE of the work permit or immigration letter or letter from your embassy (there's some dispute if a yellow book is also suitable)..

In many places you can get away without the non imm.. I know I have many times in the past but have had a non imm for a few years now so that may have changed.

• 1 month later...

The question was where to buy motorcycle in Bangkok, I have the same problem. I look for a big bike ( up to 250cc) and only find one little shop...Now I'am waiting 2 weeks for repair the Honda VT750 I want to buy and it boring me to wait for it... :D So, if anybody know where people offer second-hand bikes, please answer here and discus visa- and driver-license on another place... :o

Thanks folks. I found the shop I was looking for. It is a Yamaha shop opposite Elefant building, near chatuchak area. I bought my Yamaha Nouvo there and are very satisfied with the service. They also have another shop for big bikes. Bard was talking about it.

Visa and driver license was no problem for me. A thai company helped me.

Helmut

You can use the work permit as a 'proof of address' in some places.

Basically its visa and any ONE of the work permit or immigration letter or letter from your embassy (there's some dispute if a yellow book is also suitable)..

In many places you can get away without the non imm.. I know I have many times in the past but have had a non imm for a few years now so that may have changed.

I got tired of shelling out $$$ to the US Embassy every time I need an address letter so I finally went and got a Yellow Tabien Baan (House Book) and used it to by my Kawasaki ER-6n. It also came in handy when I sold my Ninja 250R. No need to show work permit if you have Tabien Baan.

Cheers!

Tony

• 6 months later...
For my CBR and VOLVO ., i just had Tourist Visa . . , both in my name . , no problem :D

Same,Same .I have bought several bikes and one car on Tourist visas ,and put them in my name ..The amount of disinformation on this thread is shocking . :)

Thats the difference between the law, and the implementation of the law.. The law is quite clear, you must have a non imm visa to purchase a vehicle.

The on the ground reality tho is that if your in a province where they have experienced farangs around they often let is slide on a TV or even a 30 day stamp, I have bought cars and bikes on any of them.. But if you dont have a non imm and they deny you, they are simply sticking to the letter of the law.

Maybe this topic was already adressed before.

I am new here in Bkk. Can someone recommend a good shop for Honda and Yamaha motor cycles in Bangkok.

I am looking for friendly english speaking sales persons, and maybe to make a test ride.

The shops I visited they don't speak english or ignore me. I am a customer who want to spend 50 to 60.000 Baht in cash. So I expect a little more service :)

Helmut

Hi Helmut,

which bike are you interested in? I am going to a bike shop tomorrow to do a test ride. It's near Chatuchak, my wife has the printout of a map drawing and she needs to explain the location to me... Don't be discouraged.

Chris

Not wanting to highjack the thread... kaw toord ... Can I get a free 90 days Visa on arrival at Suvarnabhumi as a Kraut?

Would be nice not having to send money to the honorary consulate.

Helmut, 5,000 Baht more and you can get a CBR 150. A real bike, loved by many as you can see by the 4-digit number of posts here.

I found whenever I cut corners and opted for something cheaper, I ended up buying the better product next. With cameras and also bikes.

Real clutch, real gearbox, real power when you need it.

May I ask why you don't like the Honda Wave or CZ-i 110 (?) ? Now with fuel injection.

Sleep another night and think this over.

Chris

Not wanting to highjack the thread... kaw toord ... Can I get a free 90 days Visa on arrival at Suvarnabhumi as a Kraut?

No such thing as a 90 day visa on arrival (except for IIRC brazilians)..

Not sure but a few years ago you could get four 60 days visas form the consulate. I got 3 because 3 x 60 = 180 the maximum stay at the time.

The OP already bought his bike . Probably from the Yamaha main dealer on Ratchadaphisek. Nice place all very polite not far from MRT.

Edited by VocalNeal

Unfortunately, the original question was never answered, but we got the usual whines about visas, work permits, Thai bureaucracy, and other generalized ##^(*@

Still looking for some recommendations about locations to buy a decent bike.

Just wander along Sukhumvit and take my chances?

That's the question of the original poster, and mine, too.

How about something specific in where one can go to get a decent bike at a decent price with some decent communication.

Bangkok will do, but other locations (yeah, Phuket already covered) would be much appreciated. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't already bought his bike and will eventually join the thread hijackers myself.

Unfortunately, the original question was never answered, but we got the usual whines about visas, work permits, Thai bureaucracy, and other generalized ##^(*@

Still looking for some recommendations about locations to buy a decent bike.

That's the question of the original poster, and mine, too.

How about something specific in where one can go to get a decent bike at a decent price with some decent communication.

For my original question I found a good shop myself :D

If you like to visit a clean airconditioned shop, bikes nicely displayed, not crumped, offer you a testride, serve you iced tea and refreshments incl. free internet cafe, salesperson speak good english, will help you with registration and formalities, can deliver the bike to your place .... :)

Its a Yamaha shop for small bikes (they also have a shop nearby for big bikes)

Shop name: Yamaha Square

Webside: www.yamaha-motor.co.th

There maybe other shops with similar or better service, but I am very satisfied.

Helmut

"Redbaron" they have a number of large bike Honda's, helmets, various riding gear, various new parts, various used parts out back.

from downtown BKk head towards Ramkahaeng ( not sure if I spelled that right), you will be driviing on the odd number side, so you will have to make a u-turn to get to it, it is located between soi 106/104.

the phone number 027294131/027294132

Edited by Newguy70

'How about something specific in where one can go to get a decent bike at a decent price with some decent communication.'

How long is a piece of string.... your idea of good and mine might be way different. Example i just brought an 800cc bike for 47,000b inc green book (needs a bit of work, maybe another 15,000b), I love it but others will say its a heap of <deleted> and i'm a cheap charley(true about the CC bit).

In answer to the question there are a few shops on Charan sanitwong road near Pinklao for both 2nd hand smaller bikes and big bikes.

Edited by thaicbr