Moving Some Small Stuff In My Luggage

I am in the process of moving to Bangkok. I have decided that I shall not use a shipping agent because I am afraid of the huge costs and the scams.

There are only a few things that I would like to bring to Bangkok.

- 2 LCD Monitors in their original boxes that look like briefcases

- 2 PCs... I shall not bring the casing with me. I shall remove all the internal hardware and just bring whatever is inside the casing.

- Network devices like router, switch, print server

Do you think they will let me pass without taxing me? All my items above are used and over 6 months old with proof of purchase. I am entering Thailand on a 1 year ED visa.

Edited by SGDude

Unless your LCD's are really unique or a family heirloom I would not bring them; just buy new ones in Thailand...the price here is about the same as most everywhere else and you will have some new monitors. When the wife and I arrived here, we had six suitcases, two large large suitcase sized boxes, and three dogs/dog carriers. No customs review or charges on any of this. But we did have some discussion with the animal control folks regarding the paperwork for the dogs; but that all resolved itself after about 30 minutes and filling out anther form. And with "many" visits over the years before moving here, the customs folks at the airport never checked any bags nor did we get charged any customs fees for anything we declared. Your experience may vary.