Thais Love To Loss Face When They Can Get Away With It!

BygonKeaw

I know about the "face" thing and how thais shouldnt lose face or even worse dont never ever make a thai lose face otherwise it could turn very nasty.

Yet saying all that.....

whilst driving in and around bkk everyday i notice that more often than not thais seems to lose face on the roads. It might be my fault sometimes but more often than not its theres due to the crazy and constant changing lane thing,

Is it because they know others cant see them? or because they think 90% of the time there will be no confrontation

One thing for sure i see thais losing face everyday.

:o:D:D:D:D

I know about the "face" thing and how thais shouldnt lose face or even worse dont never ever make a thai lose face otherwise it could turn very nasty.

Yet saying all that.....

whilst driving in and around bkk everyday i notice that more often than not thais seems to lose face on the roads. It might be my fault sometimes but more often than not its theres due to the crazy and constant changing lane thing,

Is it because they know others cant see them? or because they think 90% of the time there will be no confrontation

with respect, you don't understand this. Do a bit more reading on face and get some thai friends to explain to you

Yet saying all that.....

with respect, you don't understand this. Do a bit more reading on face and get some thai friends to explain to you

Sorry mate i always thought losing face was about getting angry and losing face?? Im a farang not thai, i know nothing!

Yet saying all that.....

Sorry mate i always thought losing face was about getting angry and losing face?? Im a farang not thai, i know nothing!

That is what the OP is trying to tell you.

Face saving is a load of BS , it is something that people talk about a lot ,but rarely happens , I employ a lot of Thai people ,an in my experience , face saving is not high on the list of priorites ,something better left to Tourist books about Thai culture ,than the reallity of Thai Society .

Face saving is a load of BS , it is something that people talk about a lot ,but rarely happens , I employ a lot of Thai people ,an in my experience , face saving is not high on the list of priorites ,something better left to Tourist books about Thai culture ,than the reallity of Thai Society .

I am sorry to say, but you have no clue what you are talking about. :o

You mustnt have been over here very long.

If you have a business, employing Thai people, and you believe your statement is true, then at best you are going to have a high turnover of staff. At worst your business will be on its a## within 2 years.

I am sorry to say, but you have no clue what you are talking about. :o

If you have a business, employing Thai people, and you believe your statement is true, then at best you are going to have a high turnover of staff. At worst your business will be on its a## within 2 years.

Sorry to say ,i have been here much longer than that , staff turnover lower than what i had OS ,and i stand by my comments ,Face Saving is a lot of BS , Mate i am a foreigner here , and run my company on foreign best practice, i have no time for face saving and all the other things that go with it ,Treat staff with respect ,follow labour laws ,pay a bit above the Average, and things go fine ,

Face saving is just not my cup of tea :D

Edited by ray08

I am sorry to say, but you have no clue what you are talking about. :D

Sorry to say ,i have been here much longer than that , staff turnover lower than what i had OS ,and i stand by my comments ,Face Saving is a lot of BS , Mate i am a foreigner here , and run my company on foreign best practice, i have no time for face saving and all the other things that go with it ,Treat staff with respect ,follow labour laws ,pay a bit above the Average, and things go fine ,

Face saving is just not my cup of tea :D

In order to be successful, in Thailand, as a foreign business owner, you MUST integrate and abide by Thai culture, of which saving face is a way of life. With the greatest of respect, you do not seem to understand or care about that. I think if you asked 100 successful foreign business owners about your statement, 99 of them would disagree with your sentiments.

Unless, of course, your "business" is selling items on eBAY, from home. :o