Thai Police Are Organized Criminals

Loaded

People that defend the police/police system here need to take a long look at themselves in the mirror

There's a few on here who defended a drunk policeman in Pai executing a Canadian tourist. To me those sort of farang are just disgusting.

Thai Police Are Organized Criminals, according to the United Nations

this is news?

This IS news for the UN. Someone came up for air or happened to read the Bangkok Post found in an airport lounge somewhere and figured out how to justify their pitiful existence with a breaking news story that is decades old.

Edited by grantbkk

Members of Thai Hi Society were photographed wearing the jewels.

I have been told the huge, blue diamond now belongs to the son of the unmentionable one.

An investigation led to the seizure of the stolen jewels by Thai police, but when the items were returned to Saudi Arabia many turned out to be fakes, including the returned Blue Diamond.

A senior Thai police officer was found guilty of murdering the wife and son of a Thai jeweler deemed connected with the case, but the stolen items have never been retrieved.

Shortly after the case Saudi Arabia banned Thai labourers and prohibited its nationals from visiting Thailand as tourists, depriving the kingdom of millions of dollars in lost income.

As I recall, that cop tied up the wife and kid of the jeweler and put them on the road, at a curve, had them run down by traffic.

Well if they arent the wages must be good as i know one in Ubon that drives a new Range Rover ! :D

Whom do you mean by that comment? :o

Do you mean The police or the UN staff ;who are getting overpaid and drive new Range Rovers??

What bugs me is that people on this forum are quick to condemn farang when reportedly arrested by such a police force ?

Agree entirely with your statment. The big question is why? I can think of lots of reasons, none of them pleasant.

Members of Thai Hi Society were photographed wearing the jewels.

I have been told the huge, blue diamond now belongs to the son of the unmentionable one.

An investigation led to the seizure of the stolen jewels by Thai police, but when the items were returned to Saudi Arabia many turned out to be fakes, including the returned Blue Diamond.

A senior Thai police officer was found guilty of murdering the wife and son of a Thai jeweler deemed connected with the case, but the stolen items have never been retrieved.

Shortly after the case Saudi Arabia banned Thai labourers and prohibited its nationals from visiting Thailand as tourists, depriving the kingdom of millions of dollars in lost income.

As I recall, that cop tied up the wife and kid of the jeweler and put them on the road, at a curve, had them run down by traffic.

If what you say about the reaction of the Saudis ie: banning Thai labourers and stopping its people from travelling to Thailand, all I can say is well done to the Saudis for having the balls the morals and the conviction to take a real genuine stand and make a strong point. Too bad other governments are so utterly meek and mild pandering to the Thai government when they should be following the Saudi example especially when it comes to the wanton murder of their citizens by Thais generally, and by Thai police particularly.

The new government has stated that they are going to clampdown seriously on any website/person that is even border-line lese majeste (an academic has just been charged, Giles Ungpakorn). Even indirectly, Jakhraphop was indirect in what he said about the monarchy, same Da Torpedo - they've both been charged though.

I would advise therefore that the moderators here get more serious about some of the comments here about the rumoured owner of the Blue Sapphire (not diamond).

Edited by ThaiEye

Wow this is big news for anyone who has been living on the moon for the past 40 years. Now someone or group at the UN wants to condemn the Thai Police? What exactly does the UN do and does the UN meet its stated goals. At one point in history the UN may have been a force to react to world problems but now it is a "paper tiger", whining and complaining about everything with no coherent action plan. The UN is now legend for spending money and corruption. The UN has a huge administrative overhead and wastes money faster than a Filipino charity.

Thank you United Nations for your insight and assistance to clean up the Royal Thai Police.

Absolutely bang on the buck. The UN writes reports . . . that's about it - if you want to see waste of money and resources just have a look at the what they've 'achieved' in Laos. Not alot but really they've got some lovely offices.

Just like many NGOs here - I've seen them proclaiming how great they are by providing running water from a deep water well to a village . . . wow . . . for organisations employing dozens of people many driving Land Cruisers, Fortuners etc located in large palatial offices they have manage to pay a well borer $100 and another $50 for a pump. I bet it cost more in Diesel for the journeys to the villages than was actually invested in assisting those villages.

The Thai police will never change - the UN wouldn't even where to begin in how to make them change either.

The new government has stated that they are going to clampdown seriously on any website/person that is even border-line lese majeste (an academic has just been charged, Giles Ungpakorn). Even indirectly, Jakhraphop was indirect in what he said about the monarchy, same Da Torpedo - they've both been charged though.

I would advise therefore that the moderators here get more serious about some of the comments here about the rumoured owner of the Blue Sapphire (not diamond).

Give it a rest! :o

A trend started during the Thaksin regime, when there was far more persecution of press and academics.

Whats the point of this thread ?

I was wondering the same thing. Old news, that.

The point, is that although you may completely acknowledge the obvious facts of Thailand, and some others may too, many others DO NOT. So the point of threads like this is to keep hammering the facts out there until it is so ridiculous to refute it that the nitiwits dont even dare try to.

• 6 months later...

Whats new guys (?) - the RTPF has long been known to be less than professional, though that said, there are a few senior coppers who are good at their job and have earned the respect of their European peers - not many, but there are a few.

technocray's comment re: the UN is something I also agree with. The water well analogy hits the nail on the head i.e the amount of money the organisation spends versus its on the ground results (in terms of project costs/investments) leaves alot to be desired at times. It can be a hopelessly inefficient organisation - spending huge sums of money on the logistics and the organisation of projects that can be undertaken and completed for far far less than what they spend to get the job done.

Like many big organisations it likes to make a noise about how many monitoring procedures are in place to see to it that projects are effected efficently - and thats just the problem: if projects were been carried out efficently then there would be no need for all the cross checking. Internal checks and people charged with implementing monitoring is a disguised way of saying, "we have problems".

Probably the largest corrupt organization in the world is the United Nations, so I don't put much faith in what they say. However I would also not argue there is much police corruption in Thailand, as I am sure there is in any poorly paid police force. I am not excusing or condoning corruption, but that is reality. The police agency where I worked had very little corruption. We were also paid very well. The first thing that needs to be done to lessen corruption in any police agency is to raise the pay. I know some very fine police officers in Thailand. The ones who are not, I try to avoid.

A trend started during the Thaksin regime, when there was far more persecution of press and academics.

Not convincing. Please compare statistics related to your argument to back your point.