Sti/std Test

Enjibenji

Hi,

can anyone recommend a good place to get STD/STI tests? I don't mean for HIV, i mean other tests to check for HPV or anything like that. Also, how much would it cost?

Further, can anyone tell me if you go for a test, what they will check for (clamidia, HPV, etc), and how will they do them? Also, how long will the results will take?

No symptoms or anything have appeared, just wanting to take some responsibility and check!

thanks

Hi,

can anyone recommend a good place to get STD/STI tests? I don't mean for HIV, i mean other tests to check for HPV or anything like that. Also, how much would it cost?

Further, can anyone tell me if you go for a test, what they will check for (clamidia, HPV, etc), and how will they do them? Also, how long will the results will take?

No symptoms or anything have appeared, just wanting to take some responsibility and check!

thanks

If you are checking for an STD/STI, then you should also have the HIV test.

As regards places to go, pretty much any hospital will be able to faciltate. I guess it depends on your location and budget.

If you are serious about the tests, go the full blood test method. IMHO the urine tests are unreliable and the quicktests are fine for fieldwork or population survey indications but only a proper blood drawing is reliable. I assume you will want to screen for hepatitis as well.

In respect to HPV, I think you are male. Unfortunately, the primary reliable test is a physical exam where your penis is examined under light. If you are of a different persuasion, your anus is going to have to be looked at.

If you are going to go to all this trouble, you might as well do a proper physical exam. Once the blood work is being done, have them do the standard blood tests for cholesterol, liver and kidney dysfunctions and have a prostate exam. Once the physician sticks his finger in the rectum, he'll also get an idea if you have warts or herpes back there. I'd also suggest TB sensitization test. Simple to do and it's just a quick jab in the arm. Might as well get your booster shots done too.

It takes a week or so to get full results back.

If you are serious about the tests, go the full blood test method. IMHO the urine tests are unreliable and the quicktests are fine for fieldwork or population survey indications but only a proper blood drawing is reliable. I assume you will want to screen for hepatitis as well.

In respect to HPV, I think you are male. Unfortunately, the primary reliable test is a physical exam where your penis is examined under light. If you are of a different persuasion, your anus is going to have to be looked at.

If you are going to go to all this trouble, you might as well do a proper physical exam. Once the blood work is being done, have them do the standard blood tests for cholesterol, liver and kidney dysfunctions and have a prostate exam. Once the physician sticks his finger in the rectum, he'll also get an idea if you have warts or herpes back there. I'd also suggest TB sensitization test. Simple to do and it's just a quick jab in the arm. Might as well get your booster shots done too.

It takes a week or so to get full results back.

Blimey!!!

But the posting makes sense: as you are going to have a whole lot of tests done make a full job of it.

To my thinking why not content yourself with HIV, HEP, SYPH test. These are the more serious issues.

If you are serious about the tests, go the full blood test method. IMHO the urine tests are unreliable and the quicktests are fine for fieldwork or population survey indications but only a proper blood drawing is reliable.

Umm, not to put too fine a point on it, but for chlamydia, which is one of the diseases the OP specifically asked about, there is no such thing as a blood test.