Quality Helmet For Girlfriend - Need Small Size

Pdaz

I've given up trying to find a new lid for my girlfriend here in Pattaya.. All the local brands only seem to have full face in large size... Normally I buy my helmets online in the UK and either pick them up on the way back to LOS from work or get a mate to bring them over. This time however I don't have the chance.

So what about BKK.. I see the ad for 'the helmet house' and the 'dirt shop' .. Do either of these places (or others) have resonable quality helmets to fit a chick with a small head ? (normal sized bonce for a thai chick) Doesn't need to be an Arai etc just a needs to fit well and hopefully a stupid price.. More than happy to pay 6 - 10,000 baht Was looking for something better than the usual 2000 baht plastic <deleted> you usually get here...

Any suggestions/recommendations as gonna be up in Bangers at the weekend ?

cheers

PD

Paddock have a huge selection.

The trouble with a lot of low end helmets is that they are heavy.

I personally use "Nippon" 3/4 helmet with shield. What you call "local <deleted>". But I also have index & HJC full helmets for the road.

Paddock have a huge selection.

The trouble with a lot of low end helmets is that they are heavy.

I personally use "Nippon" 3/4 helmet with shield. What you call "local <deleted>". But I also have index & HJC full helmets for the road.

Do you have the address for 'paddock' ? The local <deleted> I was refering to were the nasty plastic brain buckets that they usually give away with a new scooter.. Pretty useless to start with and worse when the Thai wearer doesn't bother to fasten the chin strap :o I sure some of the newer local lids are better.. But just suprised none seem to come in a choice of sizes... A helmet that flops around on the users head is dangerous and useless at the same time.. HJC was one of the brands I was looking for..

I hope to make it to the Dirt Shop sometime this week. Find your gf's exact helmet size in cms and I'll ask them.

I think Dirt Shop on OnNut and Fast Corner on Rama III stock mostly high-end stuff. Paddock at Huay Kwang would probably be your best bet as it has a larger selection and more varied prices.

For addresses check out this link- http://www.geocities.com/bkkriders/shops/index.html

It has the Paddock GPS coordinates. Useful on Google Earth for location. Some other info is out of date though.

Dirt Shop has moved across the road. http://www.dirtshopthailand.com/page_a.php?cid=5

They have some KBC helmets for under 10k. But what's shown on their website seems to bear little semblance to what they actually have in stock.

Edited by RusticCharm

Do you have the address for 'paddock' ?

169/84 Ratchadapisek Rd., DinDaeng, 10320 map

(next to Entertainment Plaza's, just north of trafficlight Prachasuk junction, left side)

Subway: Huai Khwang, exit #4, 150m northward

Tel 02-692-7000 (-7006)

Fax 02-692-7007 (-7008)

Email: [email protected]

GPS: N13.78065/E100.57372

I found the lady there to be very helpfull, others sometimes do not. Not the cheapest place to buy a helmet but.....

Hey Daz, Real helmets had a stand at HH bike week. They are definetly a step above the whats available at Big C and Lotus. Not much info available in English on their website, but they do have a list of where the helmets are available in Thai. I've had good experiences and bad at Paddock. Try and avoid dealing with the older Chinese lady. If she gets the feeling you're just looking she gets nasty. It's been a few months since i was there, but they did have some pretty cool half-lids from Japan for 6-7000 baht.

Me & Rustic must have hit them on a good day. We were just kicking tyres & they didn't offer us coffee but they didn't chase us out either. (Paddock).

I went along to Petchburi Road one day chasing "real" helmets (near Suk 71 PD) didn't see many models & they were HEAVY.

Cheers Guys... I had a look at 'Realhelmets' website.. Read thru the Thai address's an turns out the local Mityyon Honda place stock's them.. Will have a look tommorow.. I think I've seen a few of them in town and they looked a bit big for a girl..

Rustic.. No worries mate . Thanks for the offer but I'll be up in Bangers on Saturday so will drag her round the shops in person.. You know what it's like with women :o She probably fall in love with a pink shoei or some <deleted> plastic thing :D

No wonder no bugger wears a lid here if they are so hard to come by... As for the freebie ones and the ones in Lotus.. You may as well wear a paper hat...

Was just looking for the best selection so's guess I will have to brave the dragons at Paddock then.. No probs I have quite a few choice phrases in Hokkien Chinese saved up from my Singapore days :D

Thx again for all the replies.

Edited by Pdaz