Australian Teenager Arrested For Smuggling Heroin To Sydney From Bangkok

sriracha john

You would be much better venting your outrage at the real criminals in this world like many of the corporate criminals who are in a large part responsible for the economic meltdown that we are currently experiencing.

Indeed, no arrests made of those few who cause millions of people to loose their savings and jobs :o

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although he is 19, remember he is an austalian, thus we are talking about a mere child

And the minimum voting age in Australia is? How about purchasing the amber liquid? Minimum age for marriage? Legal age for sexual relations?

If he is 'a mere child' shouldn't he be at home under the firm control of his parent(s) instead of gallivanting around the world?

And the minimum voting age in Australia is? How about purchasing the amber liquid? Minimum age for marriage? Legal age for sexual relations?

If he is 'a mere child' shouldn't he be at home under the firm control of his parent(s) instead of gallivanting around the world?

Valid Point!

FF

Hey Bangers,

I've been away for a week & I new you would be most entertaining during this time BUT you have really excelled this time. I can't believe that you seem to think that this guy couldnt think for himself because he was only 19, you then take it even a step further & say he probably did this because he was sexually abused as a child.... :o:D:D WHAT A LOAD OF HORSE#RAP! Get real.

Surely you don't live your life based on cop outs do you? The drug mule blaming the Catholic priest? The drunk driver that kills that blames the way his mother smacked him when he was a small child? You only have to sit around any court house just about anywhere to hear all the SAD STORIES :D !

I believe the usual canadates here have told you as it is; Jackndanny, BeauKarl, Mr Toad, FatherF, AntR1.

Thanks for being so entertaining tho Bangers....you never fail to entertain.

Hey Maigo6, Yeah I would sleep better knowing that any of the filth involved in the drug trade were being executed, poor kid my backside, I recall what I was doing when i was 19 & it was actually locking up druggies - ITS ABOUT TIME WE got fair dinkum with this, show me a child that doesnt know what he is doing when hes 19 & you are showing me an imbecile! He's not a KID, hes an ADULT! Hang him high, I say :D Perhaps you can explain to us why you feel so inclined to sympathise with this guy (is it just because of his age). What if he was drugged out and ran over some children in his car? What about if he bashed an old lady to death because he ran out of government funded money? Is he still a poor kid then? Come on !

Wouldn't any other country make sure that the substance is really heroin? And to find the exact weight? And purity? May be it was just foot powder? From Mae Hong Son for young Baksida.........Let's hope they ripped him off..... :D

Sisa....problem for him even if it is foot powder, there only needs to be 1 gram of heroin mixed thru the stash & he sill goes down for a marketable quantity. :o So saaad toooo baaaad!

this is really making you happy huh?

Hey Bangers,

I've been away for a week & I new you would be most entertaining during this time BUT you have really excelled this time. I can't believe that you seem to think that this guy couldnt think for himself because he was only 19, you then take it even a step further & say he probably did this because he was sexually abused as a child.... :o:D:D WHAT A LOAD OF HORSE#RAP! Get real.

Surely you don't live your life based on cop outs do you? The drug mule blaming the Catholic priest? The drunk driver that kills that blames the way his mother smacked him when he was a small child? You only have to sit around any court house just about anywhere to hear all the SAD STORIES :D !

I believe the usual canadates here have told you as it is; Jackndanny, BeauKarl, Mr Toad, FatherF, AntR1.

Thanks for being so entertaining tho Bangers....you never fail to entertain.

Hey Maigo6, Yeah I would sleep better knowing that any of the filth involved in the drug trade were being executed, poor kid my backside, I recall what I was doing when i was 19 & it was actually locking up druggies - ITS ABOUT TIME WE got fair dinkum with this, show me a child that doesn't know what he is doing when hes 19 & you are showing me an imbecile! He's not a KID, hes an ADULT! Hang him high, I say :D Perhaps you can explain to us why you feel so inclined to sympathies with this guy (is it just because of his age). What if he was drugged out and ran over some children in his car? What about if he bashed an old lady to death because he ran out of government funded money? Is he still a poor kid then? Come on !

oops...did I say he probably did because he was abused, or something else, or that we should look into it

and take everything into account before passing a just and fair sentence- that's exactly what I meant and thought I said this

nobody, including me with half a brain would mean that

is it horse crap to say/want this this?

for real horse crap and entertainment look at the ever growing rich mafia men, the growing prison population, the totally failed policy's- and laugh at those who think things are working

A Grim Long-Term Perspective on Heroin Addiction

Heroin addicts, especially those with antisocial behavior, may show a pattern of abstinence and relapse different from the pattern found in individuals dependent on other illicit drugs. These researchers investigated long-term medical and psychosocial consequences of heroin dependence and abuse in a 33-year follow-up study of 581 male, heroin-addicted, criminal offenders who were committed between 1962 and 1964 to a California compulsory-treatment program.

Participants underwent face-to-face interviews and urine toxicology screening in 1974-1975, 1985-1986, and 1996-1997, at which times 14 percent, 28 percent, and 49 percent, respectively, had died, mostly of overdose (22 percent of deaths), liver disease (15 percent), cancer (12 percent), cardiovascular disease (12 percent), and homicide, suicide, and accidents (20 percent for the latter 3 causes). At the third follow-up, 56 percent of the 242 survivors tested negative for heroin. Forty-seven percent had been abstinent for more than 5 years; this duration of abstinence was associated with a reduced risk of relapse. Of the original sample, 22 percent were abstinent by the third follow-up. Fewer than 10 percent in any year had been involved in methadone maintenance. Compared with abstinence, continued heroin use was associated with higher levels of depression, anxiety, criminal behavior, and use of alcohol and other substances, and lower employment rates.

Comment: So many participants may have had bad outcomes because of sparse participation in methadone maintenance, an effective way of preventing relapse. Also, their criminal behavior may be a marker for a more refractory disorder. More long-term use of intensive therapies, such as motivational enhancement, and newer medications, such as buprenorphine/naltrexone (which may receive FDA approval soon), could improve long-term prognoses for heroin addicts.

— S Dubovsky

Published in Journal Watch Psychiatry June 21, 2001

Citation(s):

Hser YI et al. A 33-year follow-up of narcotics addicts. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2001 May 58 503-508.

Some more researched figures regarding heroin use, we can use semantics as much as we like in respect of recreational use and miss use, but there is little evidence that suggests that Heroin enhances people's health.

here is one for you to consider,, although did read, and understand, respect what you posted

spoke to my long term using friends who have apparently no negative affects

what they said make sense- to be honest, they all say this theory expressed of the totally here are all way off

none of them would ever submit themselves to any sort of questionnaires for reasons of negative stigma

so, all those study's of long term users could be considered unreliable for obvious

just a thought

although he is 19, remember he is an austalian, thus we are talking about a mere child

If he's Australian, yes. :o

]

here is one for you to consider,, although did read, and understand, respect what you posted

what they said make sense- to be honest, they all say this theory expressed of the totally here are all way off

none of them would ever submit themselves to any sort of questionnaires for reasons of negative stigma

so, all those study's of long term users could be considered unreliable for obvious

just a thought

If you give that as a reason, then I guess there is no pint in having evidence based research.

Total nonsense, and you know it. Your clutching at straws.

]

just a thought

If you give that as a reason, then I guess there is no pint in having evidence based research.

Sure enough. If the truth don't fit, then just ask some of your friends who (allegedly) have been using the stuff for years.

Whatever you do, don't believe the THOUSANDS of QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS that SPECIALIZE in these matters ! That would be just silly !

Tell you what "ourman", next time you get really sick, don't go to a hospital. Instead of getting a qualified examination and opinion from a professional doctor, just go to a street fortune teller. I'm sure for a small donation the fortune teller will be able to give you an opinion about your condition.

And next time you are flying, don't trust the professional, trained pilot ! Just jump into the cockpit and fly the plane yourself ! It's easy. If you don't believe me, just ask the local garbage collector. I'm sure he can give you an opinion that will suit your needs.

Passport/Visa/Work Permit expiring ? (I'm assuming you do have those and they are in proper order) No worries, just make up new ones yourself. After all, it's all about choice isn't it ?

You should be able to choose which laws to follow and which ones not to, right ? Just like with using hard-core drugs ? So why should you have to even bother with a passport or visa or work permit (which is required even if you are doing charity work) ?

Some people are special and shouldn't have to follow any laws that don't suit them, isn't that right ?

Wow. I know some people that drive when drunk. They won't fill out a survey or participate in a program either, because of the "negative stigma". But they haven't been caught, or been in an accident yet, so that must mean it's OK to drive drunk ?

Even though statistics show that drunk driving is one of the prime causes of death ? Even though more people died or are crippled as a result of drunk drivers than are killed or injured from firearms ?

Oops, I'm sorry. Those statistics were compiled by PROFESSIONALS that specialize in those matters, so they shouldn't be trusted to know anything about what they are doing.

My bad. I should know better than to trust people who are trained and educated and devote their lives to their profession. Silly me.

]

just a thought

Sure enough. If the truth don't fit, then just ask some of your friends who (allegedly) have been using the stuff for years.

Whatever you do, don't believe the THOUSANDS of QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS that SPECIALIZE in these matters ! That would be just silly !

Tell you what "ourman", next time you get really sick, don't go to a hospital. Instead of getting a qualified examination and opinion from a professional doctor, just go to a street fortune teller. I'm sure for a small donation the fortune teller will be able to give you an opinion about your condition.

And next time you are flying, don't trust the professional, trained pilot ! Just jump into the cockpit and fly the plane yourself ! It's easy. If you don't believe me, just ask the local garbage collector. I'm sure he can give you an opinion that will suit your needs.

Passport/Visa/Work Permit expiring ? (I'm assuming you do have those and they are in proper order) No worries, just make up new ones yourself. After all, it's all about choice isn't it ?

You should be able to choose which laws to follow and which ones not to, right ? Just like with using hard-core drugs ? So why should you have to even bother with a passport or visa or work permit (which is required even if you are doing charity work) ?

Some people are special and shouldn't have to follow any laws that don't suit them, isn't that right ?

Wow. I know some people that drive when drunk. They won't fill out a survey or participate in a program either, because of the "negative stigma". But they haven't been caught, or been in an accident yet, so that must mean it's OK to drive drunk ?

Even though statistics show that drunk driving is one of the prime causes of death ? Even though more people died or are crippled as a result of drunk drivers than are killed or injured from firearms ?

Oops, I'm sorry. Those statistics were compiled by PROFESSIONALS that specialize in those matters, so they shouldn't be trusted to know anything about what they are doing.

My bad. I should know better than to trust people who are trained and educated and devote their lives to their profession. Silly me.

come on guys- all I am doing is repeating what I am told...thats it

about the hospital's, here is an example staying on some of your examples

I went to bumigrad and was told I had a slipped disk

then went to doctor Don who said nonsense and fixed me up- now fine

so, I should trust all professionals that it

My pilot friend told me of the dangers of those budget airlines.. a few months later the phucket incident ( which was pure pilot error by the way)

shall I talk about the titanic- the ship which "could not sink"

the troublele with professionals is that they are dedicated to that which they profess in- therefore biased

my USA state tropper bodygaurd went on seminars with his client where doctors were advised to prescibe medicne that people did not really want, but boasted sales

all hearsay- yes- but should I not repeat something because it cannot be proven?

please do not make fun of me/insult me for that

for your information there are some organisations that listen quite closely to what I say and seem to have found it quite useful

of maybe they are all laughing behind my back and think I am mad

mr toad, I am not clutching at anything because I have no need to- all I am doing is repeating something someone said, and it sounded like it made sense

Bangers, there is a difference between a mis diagnosis, and actual research. If you had a slipped disk then this would have been clearly shown on an x-ray or an MRI scan, if the DR did not undertake that, then he is sloppy. BTW, Dr Don is very good for back problems.

The medical profession has end number of people purely devoted to undertaking research. I don't doubt for one moment that there are some papers that are not worth much, I've read some myself, but I have to say that as clinician myself, I tend to base decisions on evidence based research, rather than what a friend of a freind said - even if it sounds reasonable.

You are arguing that there is no need for research, as it is biased. I know for a fact that the moon is made of cheese, :o but I still need to prove if, if anyone is to take me seriously.

I'm not trying to insult you, I think you have made some valid points on some of the things, but to state that research is not valid is nonsense, and you bloody well know it.

Bangers, there is a difference between a mis diagnosis, and actual research. If you had a slipped disk then this would have been clearly shown on an x-ray or an MRI scan, if the DR did not undertake that, then he is sloppy. BTW, Dr Don is very good for back problems.

The medical profession has end number of people purely devoted to undertaking research. I don't doubt for one moment that there are some papers that are not worth much, I've read some myself, but I have to say that as clinician myself, I tend to base decisions on evidence based research, rather than what a friend of a freind said - even if it sounds reasonable.

You are arguing that there is no need for research, as it is biased. I know for a fact that the moon is made of cheese, :o but I still need to prove if, if anyone is to take me seriously.

I'm not trying to insult you, I think you have made some valid points on some of the things, but to state that research is not valid is nonsense, and you bloody well know it.

I totally agree, but did I said research is worthless, or should just be questioned? Be questioned is what I meant only

]

just a thought

there is no need to be sorry- but I do accept it

your parents/education/accident/ or some other reason's must be to blame for you acting the way you do

but it good that you see and accept this as it means that there is some hope

I will answer your points

1-"allegedly" - am I being called a liar again...?you are welcome to test this as I invited you to do before, but you know I will clean you out so you do not .

2-hospidal_-already mentioned

3- pilot - " "

4-passport- best for me to say too much on this, but little tip for you..best not to assume anything

, this is the crux of a lot of what I am trying to tell you guys

5- law's- yes, I only follow those I think are fair and just and I advocate being against those that do not fit into what I feel is right- who makes them and why.. I will not go on about this

6- "special people"- its a matter of choice I think, but it would take along time to explain that

7-professionals- should and must be listen to consulted, like everyone else, but not to question them is almost as bad as not to question someone like me!

8- driving when drunk- I personally think that is a gross act of negligence , I ahve little sympathy for them

but that is such a stupid example, typical I may say...

in one you are risking others,you are desirability putting others at risk, which is inexcusable...

the others- only yourself ( so long as you do not drive when stoned-off your trolley, etc) ,it is shame that you know such people and choose to mix with them, no doubt this is why are are what you are and use such logical based arguments and are so ready to put money where your mouth is...

, I'm surprised at you( wink wink)

but its Sunday- you said sorry and I am in the mood for forgiveness

generally...often the hang 'em high crowd, people who love to condemn, say things on forum and not back up,insult, make personal and enjoy peoples misery, not all of course are what Freud discovered , and some other's

failure's by their own standard, sometimes called self-actualization ...

for them happiness is derived from others misfortune, because subconsciously they themselves look upon themselves as failure ( by their own standard)

Yes would have to agree with that analysis.

And I would have to disagree.

Funny how it has actually been "our(whoever)inbangers" that has not been able to back up ANY of his/her claims, but in this quote, tries to make it sound otherwise.

When he/she tried claiming that there is nothing harmful about Heroin, I was able to (very easily) come up with numerous links to sites that proved otherwise.

Meanwhile, "ourman" has (1, then 2, now 1 again) person(s) that is supposed to be a doctor, but won't go public for fear of being disciplined. Wow, one anonymous alleged doctor, versus thousands and thousands and thousands.

When "ourman" tried to claim that marijuana was legal in his/her beloved Netherlands, I was again quite easily able to come up with numerous references proving otherwise. Hmmm who is backing up their references and who isn't ? :o

Oh, I suppose he/she means that backing up what you are saying means agreeing to ridiculous 1 million (and now 10 million) baht bets, in which they win if they can show you (one) alleged doctor that claims Heroin isn't harmful, and one alleged Vietnam vet that has been allegedly using Heroin since the war ended (over 33 years ago), but isn't an addict and supposedly has no ill effects.

That is their "back-up" to the literally millions of people and sites that show otherwise.

Yeah, I would definitely have to disagree.

Actually, heroin in itself isn't really harmful. If provided with quality products without poisonous additives and administered by someone who knows what they're doing, there will be very little physical harm.

It's the life-style that kills the unprivileged heroinist. In Denmark (among other countries) heroin addicts can visit a local clinic for their daily injections and the result is that all aspects of their lives improve significantly, - they can keep jobs and social relations as well as physical health. The real danger of being addicted to heroin is that you deal with shady characters who often don't know the purity of their own product because it's been produced in an UG lab without quality control and many a middle man wants to increase his profits by cutting it 5-10% you'll never know what you're getting nor what it has been cut with. Another effects of the illegal status of heroin (as well as many other drugs) is that the price is high and it is necessary to associate oneself with criminals, which will make thers regards you as a criminal even if the extent of your crimes is restricted to personal use.

Being an outcast from society as a heroin user, there seems to be little to lose in taking big risks to get money as well as disregarding the personal safety when you chose who to deal with.

There is no denying that heroin can be addictive if you have an affinity for it but it is an outright lie that anyone who tries will become addicted. Same as with any drug,not the least alcohol. Adiction is such a subjective term. According to AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) just having experienced memory-loss due to intoxication is enough to diagnose you as an alcoholic.

I have used heroin on occasion, many years ago I did a two-week session and then it took several years until the next occasion. Since then I've used sporadically, when offered by friends in favorable settings. The most I used was two and half years ago, that time I injected continually for about a month (to break another habit), went through the withdrawal and haven't regretted it, haven't longed for it and haven't missed it. Why? because its not my favorite high. I used it as a tool, take away all pain and cravings for my real drug of choice. On a side note, I havent gone back to my drug of choice - I do know that if I pick that up I'll be hooked right away and mess up everything.

I had the opportunity the take heroin since and i've declined. But i might do it again, but not as a habit. In fact, there are plenty of people who use heroin sporadically and there is research that points to the conclusion that you can use heroin one day (limited to two doses) a week without developing tolerance nor addiction.

reagrding the legal status of marijuana and related substances in Holland, the laws are contradictory. It is legal for coffeshops to sell, BUT the guy who supplies the coffee-shop is breakin the law.

THC is illegal in Belgium as well, however.. - the minister of justice has given explicitly forbidden police officers to apprehend or arrest people for marijuana-related offences

Regarding the opinions of "experts" you really should take it with a grain of salt. Use common sense instead of stating "this doctor said that, this propaganda told me.." et cetera.

How will you become addicted to a substance witha half-life of 3-4 hours if you use it once a week? Exactly what physical harm does pharmaceutical grade heroin cause?

The doctors will tell you (us) what they assess to be the in the best interest of public safety, not necessarily the truth. I'm studying medicine and I have several doctors in my immediate family. A common view is that most people need simple answers and guidelines, and in general it's more convenient to state "heroin leads to addiction, and eventually you will look like this aids-sick homeless junkie in Karachi" than to explain that if; quality control existed, there was always a secure supply and the price was affordable it wouldn't cause much harm.

Another aspect is the following: In Asia, heroin is cheap because there is alot around. People can afford smoking or insufflating it, thanks to the low price. If Afghanistan would be forced to seize producing/exporting, the price would sky-rocket and that would force a majority of users to start IVing as that is much more cost-efficient. Soon enough HIV would spread like a wildfire throughout Asia.

Legalize all drugs, inform properly, focus on harm-reduction and prevention. This would be a mayor finincial blow to organized crime, it would keep relatively harmless couriers and users out of jail and the money from those institutions could be used to help the poor people who have problems with addiction etc.

I feel sorry for the boy who go caught. Sure, a 19-year old is legally adult but in these days we don't really have a lot of life experience at that age. Someone gave him the opportunity to make some quick cash and he went for it. He's still a kid. Put him to work in a detox facility for a few weeks and have him watch some video-tapes of people being executed for smugling drugs and he will think twice before getting into that business again. Put him in jail - he will enter as a naive boy and come out as a hardened criminal with all the inside knowledge and connections, learning how to be an adult from whoever took him under his wings while inside.

I posted this in another thread earlier this year. It's as true now as it was then:

"I think he's suggesting that the 'War on Drugs' has been hugely counter-productive in much the same way that Prohibition was.

An example would the use of heroin and criminality in the UK. Prior to 1971 there were approximately 5000 heroin addicts in the UK. They were registered with their GPs who were allowed to prescribe them proper medical grade heroin. They were treated as though they had an illness. They lived normal(ish) lives and were able to work and take part in society. The amount of drug-related crime in the UK was, to all intents and purposes, zero.

In 1971 Parliament passed the Misuse of Drugs Act which made it practically impossible for GPs to prescribe heroin and pushed all the previously law-abiding addicts onto the newly created black market. Once the dealers were established supplying the 5000 they then went on to generate new markets. Drug-related crimes (burglaries, muggings etc.) now constitute more than 50% of the crime committed in the UK so the 'War on Drugs' doesn't appear to have been much of a success does it?"

I posted this in another thread earlier this year. It's a true now as it was then:

"I think he's suggesting that the 'War on Drugs' has been hugely counter-productive in much the same way that Prohibition was.

An example would the use of heroin and criminality in the UK. Prior to 1971 there were approximately 5000 heroin addicts in the UK. They were registered with their GPs who were allowed to prescribe them proper medical grade heroin. They were treated as though they had an illness. They lived normal(ish) lives and were able to work and take part in society. The amount of drug-related crime in the UK was, to all intents and purposes, zero.

In 1971 Parliament passed the Misuse of Drugs Act which made it practically impossible for GPs to prescribe heroin and pushed all the previously law-abiding addicts onto the newly created black market. Once the dealers were established supplying the 5000 they then went on to generate new markets. Drug-related crimes (burglaries, muggings etc.) now constitute more than 50% of the crime committed in the UK so the 'War on Drugs' doesn't appear to have been much of a success does it?"

The "war on drugs is a nonsense", and I think that most people will agree on that. The more intersting point is the effects of heroin on people, and it is not entirely positive.

Controlled usage, I am always for, and that has been backed up in research (which I have posted). Total legislation, which Bangers has been promoting is not the answear, although she is now suggesting that any research is invalid. The new poster Thi Sta Stir has made some valid points, although once again reiterating that controlled usage is acceptable. The UK, still does have fairly flexible laws considering the use of prescribed heroin, in relation to countries such as the USA. (See previous posts from myslef, regarding evidence based research)

In the end though, the actual topic of this thread is about smuggling, and that is clearly against the law, in pretty much every country, so it's hard to feel sorry for the idiot that decided he wanted to make a quick buck.

Maybe, rather than to endure more bullshit on this thread it should be closed.

Very unlucky to have been caught eh?...sounds like his little stash was very well concealed, I wonder what gave it away?...dogs?...tip off?....

Everyone deserves a second chance especially when its just a bit for personal use, hope the kid gets a break and learns his lesson.

You would have to be joking wouldnt you??? Unlucky to get caught, what a load of rubbish....perhaps you meant glad he was caught.

As for second chances, especially when its personal use.....what part of the story did you miss, if this is for personal use...then this 19 yo certainly has one serious habit....its a marketable quantity, irregardless of its weight in that cateogry, no softy court (Not even an Australian one) will believe that is for personal use. As for the break, hes had it, he was caught at the Australian end.....something else might get broken when he finally lands in the slammer.....if he actually gets that far! :D

As for you Mr Toad....

Another perfect thread for ourmaninbangers. Should keep him/her active for a while. :D
. THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING! :D:o

If he can prove he's an addict, he won't get long in prison. Even if he's not, he won't be in all that long either.

I posted this in another thread earlier this year. It's as true now as it was then:

And the more successful the "war on drugs" becomes in taking certain drugs off the streets, the more valuable these drugs become. When they go up in value they become far more profitable to produce so more people get in on production to replace the market shortfall. The distributors also make more money so they are quite willing to take greater risks. The drug addicts must find their drugs so they are willing to do whatever it takes to get them. They'll spend less money on necessities (food, accommodation, medicine) to buy their drugs and take to crime.

It's a vicious cycle.

In the end the big losers are the people they are trying to protect. The honest citizens and the drug addicts.

I'm not at all interested in trying such a stupid stunt. I just wonder with the thousands of people passing through immigration how they are able to catch the guilty ones. I imagine for every one they catch 100 get through but it's still pretty impressive when they make a catch. Since there had to be something that made them suspicious enough to x ray his shoes. I agree with those who said it was probably the body language, I also wonder how often they are tipped off.

In Australia there are so many layers to customs and immigrations procedures it is daunting. Often much of it is unseen and unheard, this is why it is so effective.

Profiling. A 19 year old teenager returning alone from a country where drugs are easily available would be an indicator for a closer look.

Behavior. People are closely watched all the way through the process from disembarking to leaving the Customs area. Anyone looking nervous, confused or acting in any manner which may be perceived to be unusual would be another indicator.

Passport Control. The officer at passport control makes several decisions at that time, he decided whether you deserve some extra attentions from customs officers at this point. Again behavior is one indicator as is length of travel, countries visited, frequency of travel, etc. From experience I already know at this point whether I am going to have to join the often lengthy queue for a customs inspection or whether I can simply walk out. There have been times where my entry card has been marked and I just know that Im going to join a queue.

Customs Hall. Dogs patrol the customs hall sniffing, customs officers watch for suspicious behavior, observations are made about how much luggage you have, how it looks packed, what you are wearing and so on.

Customs Inspection: If you have nothing to declare but still need to join the customs inspection queue then you are again watched in the queue, cameras are everywhere. Officers on the ground make observations about your demeanor. When reaching inspection your bags may be x-rayed. Your bags may be searched. Your behavior is continually monitored. All sorts of decisions are made at different levels without you even realising it.

The levels of checking and monitoring are deep and numerous. Australian Customs are very good at what they do and despite this I am sure much passes through undetected but it really is Russian Roulette if you want to break the law and try importing something illegal.

I remember getting off the plane from Bangkok and being redirected right out of the gate by Customs Officers who made every passenger form a single file queue and walk 1 foot from the other person as two sniffer dogs went up and down the queue. I watched a couple of the officers and there was as much attention being paid to peoples behavior as there was from the dog having a bit of a sniff.

However as a law abiding citizen I have nothing to fear from Australian Customs , however I am paranoid about my bags and use locks and plastic wrap to minimize the chance that something is put into my bag without my knowledge. I will say though, even being law abiding and taking measures to minimize outside interference with my luggage I often feel very much under scrutiny so any experienced traveller would know that Australia would be the last place on earth you would want to try getting something past customs.

I would like to as much say I whole heartily agree with most of what you are saying but on the other hand traveling as much as I have for the past 20+ years I can say (at least for the USA side) there are a lot of anal inattentive nitwits that work in the Customs and TSA areas of the airports. I could provide numerous personal examples but I wouldn't want to sidetrack this thread.

generally...often the hang 'em high crowd, people who love to condemn, say things on forum and not back up,insult, make personal and enjoy peoples misery, not all of course are what Freud discovered , and some other's

for them happiness is derived from others misfortune, because subconsciously they themselves look upon themselves as failure ( by their own standard)

Funny how it has actually been "our(whoever)inbangers" that has not been able to back up ANY of his/her claims, but in this quote, tries to make it sound otherwise.

When he/she tried claiming that there is nothing harmful about Heroin, I was able to (very easily) come up with numerous links to sites that proved otherwise.

Meanwhile, "ourman" has (1, then 2, now 1 again) person(s) that is supposed to be a doctor, but won't go public for fear of being disciplined. Wow, one anonymous alleged doctor, versus thousands and thousands and thousands.

When "ourman" tried to claim that marijuana was legal in his/her beloved Netherlands, I was again quite easily able to come up with numerous references proving otherwise. Hmmm who is backing up their references and who isn't ? :o

Oh, I suppose he/she means that backing up what you are saying means agreeing to ridiculous 1 million (and now 10 million) baht bets, in which they win if they can show you (one) alleged doctor that claims Heroin isn't harmful, and one alleged Vietnam vet that has been allegedly using Heroin since the war ended (over 33 years ago), but isn't an addict and supposedly has no ill effects.

That is their "back-up" to the literally millions of people and sites that show otherwise.

Actually, heroin in itself isn't really harmful. If provided with quality products without poisonous additives and administered by someone who knows what they're doing, there will be very little physical harm.

It's the life-style that kills the unprivileged heroinist. In Denmark (among other countries) heroin addicts can visit a local clinic for their daily injections and the result is that all aspects of their lives improve significantly, - they can keep jobs and social relations as well as physical health. The real danger of being addicted to heroin is that you deal with shady characters who often don't know the purity of their own product because it's been produced in an UG lab without quality control and many a middle man wants to increase his profits by cutting it 5-10% you'll never know what you're getting nor what it has been cut with. Another effects of the illegal status of heroin (as well as many other drugs) is that the price is high and it is necessary to associate oneself with criminals, which will make thers regards you as a criminal even if the extent of your crimes is restricted to personal use.

Being an outcast from society as a heroin user, there seems to be little to lose in taking big risks to get money as well as disregarding the personal safety when you chose who to deal with.

There is no denying that heroin can be addictive if you have an affinity for it but it is an outright lie that anyone who tries will become addicted. Same as with any drug,not the least alcohol. Adiction is such a subjective term. According to AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) just having experienced memory-loss due to intoxication is enough to diagnose you as an alcoholic.

I have used heroin on occasion, many years ago I did a two-week session and then it took several years until the next occasion. Since then I've used sporadically, when offered by friends in favorable settings. The most I used was two and half years ago, that time I injected continually for about a month (to break another habit), went through the withdrawal and haven't regretted it, haven't longed for it and haven't missed it. Why? because its not my favorite high. I used it as a tool, take away all pain and cravings for my real drug of choice. On a side note, I havent gone back to my drug of choice - I do know that if I pick that up I'll be hooked right away and mess up everything.

I had the opportunity the take heroin since and i've declined. But i might do it again, but not as a habit. In fact, there are plenty of people who use heroin sporadically and there is research that points to the conclusion that you can use heroin one day (limited to two doses) a week without developing tolerance nor addiction.

reagrding the legal status of marijuana and related substances in Holland, the laws are contradictory. It is legal for coffeshops to sell, BUT the guy who supplies the coffee-shop is breakin the law.

THC is illegal in Belgium as well, however.. - the minister of justice has given explicitly forbidden police officers to apprehend or arrest people for marijuana-related offences

Regarding the opinions of "experts" you really should take it with a grain of salt. Use common sense instead of stating "this doctor said that, this propaganda told me.." et cetera.

How will you become addicted to a substance witha half-life of 3-4 hours if you use it once a week? Exactly what physical harm does pharmaceutical grade heroin cause?

The doctors will tell you (us) what they assess to be the in the best interest of public safety, not necessarily the truth. I'm studying medicine and I have several doctors in my immediate family. A common view is that most people need simple answers and guidelines, and in general it's more convenient to state "heroin leads to addiction, and eventually you will look like this aids-sick homeless junkie in Karachi" than to explain that if; quality control existed, there was always a secure supply and the price was affordable it wouldn't cause much harm.

Another aspect is the following: In Asia, heroin is cheap because there is alot around. People can afford smoking or insufflating it, thanks to the low price. If Afghanistan would be forced to seize producing/exporting, the price would sky-rocket and that would force a majority of users to start IVing as that is much more cost-efficient. Soon enough HIV would spread like a wildfire throughout Asia.

Legalize all drugs, inform properly, focus on harm-reduction and prevention. This would be a mayor finincial blow to organized crime, it would keep relatively harmless couriers and users out of jail and the money from those institutions could be used to help the poor people who have problems with addiction etc.

I feel sorry for the boy who go caught. Sure, a 19-year old is legally adult but in these days we don't really have a lot of life experience at that age. Someone gave him the opportunity to make some quick cash and he went for it. He's still a kid. Put him to work in a detox facility for a few weeks and have him watch some video-tapes of people being executed for smugling drugs and he will think twice before getting into that business again. Put him in jail - he will enter as a naive boy and come out as a hardened criminal with all the inside knowledge and connections, learning how to be an adult from whoever took him under his wings while inside.

I must have logged onto the wrong site..

I thought I was on thaivisa

the refuge of the sheep, the misinformed, the lets forgot what we have failed in ,in our life and look at those who are worse of to makes ourselves feel better, the lets obey and follow every law, and although we would never dare place a bet on anything we say, accuse of lying when they dare to say something different

lets never question any professional because they all must be right all the time

ACTUALLY HEROIN IN ITSELF IS NOT REALLY HARMFUL- this is the truth, they hate this....

oh dear, the minority who seen to know the truth are on the rise

prepare yourself for a tirade , it is fun amusing, but sometimes sad

THANK YOU

I would like to as much say I whole heartily agree with most of what you are saying but on the other hand traveling as much as I have for the past 20+ years I can say (at least for the USA side) there are a lot of anal inattentive nitwits that work in the Customs and TSA areas of the airports. I could provide numerous personal examples but I wouldn't want to sidetrack this thread.

Dingdongrb,

Like in every walk of life.....there are idiots and bludgers!

I can imagine that it would be very hard to stay on track 24/7 when dealing with so many idiots in one place, day in day out! YUK, What a job.

ACTUALLY HEROIN IN ITSELF IS NOT REALLY HARMFUL

Like many junkies that have died of overdoses have thought!

You keep telling yourself this BANGERS, its your life, but please don't try to fool the rest of us :o because whilst i might be young, I didnt come down in the last shower.

I posted this in another thread earlier this year. It's a true now as it was then:

The "war on drugs is a nonsense", and I think that most people will agree on that. The more intersting point is the effects of heroin on people, and it is not entirely positive.

Controlled usage, I am always for, and that has been backed up in research (which I have posted). Total legislation, which Bangers has been promoting is not the answear, although she is now suggesting that any research is invalid. The new poster Thi Sta Stir has made some valid points, although once again reiterating that controlled usage is acceptable. The UK, still does have fairly flexible laws considering the use of prescribed heroin, in relation to countries such as the USA. (See previous posts from myslef, regarding evidence based research)

In the end though, the actual topic of this thread is about smuggling, and that is clearly against the law, in pretty much every country, so it's hard to feel sorry for the idiot that decided he wanted to make a quick buck.

Maybe, rather than to endure more bullshit on this thread it should be closed.

when you say it should be closed when another brave person has said the truth, same as I have been trying it may seem to some that the truth is being hidden big brother style

ACTUALLY HEROIN IN ITSELF IS NOT REALLY HARMFUL

Like many junkies that have died of overdoses have thought!

You keep telling yourself this BANGERS, its your life, but please don't try to fool the rest of us :o because whilst i might be young, I didnt come down in the last shower.

not trying nor need to fool anyone- I know people who have and who have not become junkys, or had any negatives- sorry that it does not fit into to your belief system

just quoting someone who posted here

that it all

and he seems to know his subject

did not take long for what I predicted would happen did it?

mmm ,,,, I wonder why

when you say it should be closed when another brave person has said the truth, same as I have been trying it may seem to some that the truth is being hidden big brother style

Bangers, whos chain are you trying to yank?

trying...?

I think its now gone a little beyond that now, don't you? Your posting's and the other gentleman who I quoted have proven that trying is now succeeding

I will now allow myself that horrible luxury of feeling that I have 'won"

and to 'won" simply means that the truth is getting out

I already feel far superior than you lot anyway ( a joke)

lighten up guys

its monday!

I must have logged onto the wrong site..

I thought I was on thaivisa

the refuge of the sheep, the misinformed, the lets forgot what we have failed in ,in our life and look at those who are worse of to makes ourselves feel better, the lets obey and follow every law, and although we would never dare place a bet on anything we say, accuse of lying when they dare to say something different

lets never question any professional because they all must be right all the time

ACTUALLY HEROIN IN ITSELF IS NOT REALLY HARMFUL- this is the truth, they hate this....

oh dear, the minority who seen to know the truth are on the rise

prepare yourself for a tirade , it is fun amusing, but sometimes sad

THANK YOU

whats sad is that people. especially those that believe that they know it all - are so reluctant to think for themselves and have to resort to worn out slogans.

I will have much more to say on this topic, mymanwhereveryouare. Right now, I gotta run to school.

I'm not at all interested in trying such a stupid stunt. I just wonder with the thousands of people passing through immigration how they are able to catch the guilty ones. I imagine for every one they catch 100 get through but it's still pretty impressive when they make a catch. Since there had to be something that made them suspicious enough to x ray his shoes. I agree with those who said it was probably the body language, I also wonder how often they are tipped off.

In Australia there are so many layers to customs and immigrations procedures it is daunting. Often much of it is unseen and unheard, this is why it is so effective.

Profiling. A 19 year old teenager returning alone from a country where drugs are easily available would be an indicator for a closer look.

Behavior. People are closely watched all the way through the process from disembarking to leaving the Customs area. Anyone looking nervous, confused or acting in any manner which may be perceived to be unusual would be another indicator.

Passport Control. The officer at passport control makes several decisions at that time, he decided whether you deserve some extra attentions from customs officers at this point. Again behavior is one indicator as is length of travel, countries visited, frequency of travel, etc. From experience I already know at this point whether I am going to have to join the often lengthy queue for a customs inspection or whether I can simply walk out. There have been times where my entry card has been marked and I just know that Im going to join a queue.

Customs Hall. Dogs patrol the customs hall sniffing, customs officers watch for suspicious behavior, observations are made about how much luggage you have, how it looks packed, what you are wearing and so on.

Customs Inspection: If you have nothing to declare but still need to join the customs inspection queue then you are again watched in the queue, cameras are everywhere. Officers on the ground make observations about your demeanor. When reaching inspection your bags may be x-rayed. Your bags may be searched. Your behavior is continually monitored. All sorts of decisions are made at different levels without you even realising it.

The levels of checking and monitoring are deep and numerous. Australian Customs are very good at what they do and despite this I am sure much passes through undetected but it really is Russian Roulette if you want to break the law and try importing something illegal.

I remember getting off the plane from Bangkok and being redirected right out of the gate by Customs Officers who made every passenger form a single file queue and walk 1 foot from the other person as two sniffer dogs went up and down the queue. I watched a couple of the officers and there was as much attention being paid to peoples behavior as there was from the dog having a bit of a sniff.

However as a law abiding citizen I have nothing to fear from Australian Customs , however I am paranoid about my bags and use locks and plastic wrap to minimize the chance that something is put into my bag without my knowledge. I will say though, even being law abiding and taking measures to minimize outside interference with my luggage I often feel very much under scrutiny so any experienced traveller would know that Australia would be the last place on earth you would want to try getting something past customs.

in one thread I posted of a little game we sometimes play

we try to make ourselves a much as smuggler as I/ we can

pay ticket in cash, carry pipe's, wrap's, high times magazines, no obvious income, look stoned( easy for me because I hate flying and take a beta blocker), no proper address, etc, etc

in all these year's

only one light check in Sweden

this is why I say this- the vast majority of smugglers get away with it