Warning.

G54

I was warned tonight to take extra care in Nakhon Sawan when using ATM's, Telephone booths and if going to D&D (at the Pimarn Hotel) and other places in general.

It seems that some nutters are targeting the general public in Nakhon Sawan by putting infected needles in the money slots of some ATM machines and in the ear pieces of public telephones. I am informed these needles are infected with AIDS (HIV? not sure which is the 1st, but the warning was for AIDS). I am not expert enough to know how long the virus lasts in the open air also.

There was also an incident very recently of someone being jabbed in the backside with a needle in D&D at the Pimarn hotel.

Several people have been to the local hospitals for checks and are awaiting the outcome.

Exactly how true this is, I have no verification ecxept that the g/f had a phone call today warning her of the dangers and for her and I to take care as her friend knows we are out and about a lot. Maybe take this with a 'pinch of salt' but better to be aware than to be a possible victim. The friend of the g/f is a business lady herself and not prone to giving out warnings or scaremongering.

There was a thread not so long ago in one of the Forums of someone being attacked by a crazed Thai and the 'Farang' was stabbed with a needle. Maybe this is a new twist? I do not know for certain.

Edited by G54

I was warned tonight to take extra care in Nakhon Sawan when using ATM's, Telephone booths and if going to D&D (at the Pimarn Hotel) and other places in general.

It seems that some nutters are targeting the general public in Nakhon Sawan by putting infected needles in the money slots of some ATM machines and in the ear pieces of public telephones. I am informed these needles are infected with AIDS (HIV? not sure which is the 1st, but the warning was for AIDS). I am not expert enough to know how long the virus lasts in the open air also.

There was also an incident very recently of someone being jabbed in the backside with a needle in D&D at the Pimarn hotel.

Several people have been to the local hospitals for checks and are awaiting the outcome.

Exactly how true this is, I have no verification ecxept that the g/f had a phone call today warning her of the dangers and for her and I to take care as her friend knows we are out and about a lot. Maybe take this with a 'pinch of salt' but better to be aware than to be a possible victim. The friend of the g/f is a business lady herself and not prone to giving out warnings or scaremongering.

There was a thread not so long ago in one of the Forums of someone being attacked by a crazed Thai and the 'Farang' was stabbed with a needle. Maybe this is a new twist? I do not know for certain.

I think with the size of Sawan,the chances of a farang being the victim of this is slim.However,it is good to know this is going on,helps us all be a little bit more careful...I personally have only ever had one incident in Sawan,and that was a crazed yabaa nut wanting money in front of the 7/11 near Baan Suan hotel.This came about because i felt safe,and would walk from the hotel to the internet cafe late at night.So i left myself open to the possibilty of an attack by persons that had seen me do this on a regular basis.(The friendship i made with the security saved my arse that time)!But those days are long gone,i don't need to go to an internet cafe now!I will pass on your info to my wife and daughter,and our friends,when they awaken! :o

• 2 months later...