Need Supplier Of Local Grown Chilies

dotcom

Growing up in San Diego, I have a perticullar delight in eating jalapeno Chilis. I have only seen them available at Emprorium on Sukhumvit, and sometimes not. Can anyone please advise where I can buy them here in Bangkok? I assume growing them on the roof top is next. Prik Key New and other Thai chilies do not make good tasting salsa.

Thank you,

Todd

Hello bangkokbanks, there was some info on one of the Mexican food threads about where they had them in BKK, The Villa across the street from The Emporium, Foodland, Topps' and other. It can be hit or miss!

Off the topic of this thread, do you like ancho/poblano or the anaheim /calif-chili/NuMex for relleno's?

rice555

Hello all you chili growers, since the thread seamed to die, or was I late to lunch and not lucky winner? I've been growing Mexican chilies for sale,(my wife as I don't have a work visa) mostly the Ancho and NuMex/anaheim verity's also gearing up for fresh epazote. I've stayed away from growing of Jal' and serrano's as being too labor intensive, and bulky to ship and lower profits. I have ran across one other guy growing A's and pasilla's, that was for sauce making for his restaurant's and a couple of small growers and one Thai grower.

This was from a note I got from the largest Jal grower in Thailand/China, also T-V member/sponsor.

rice555, "By now you have probability come to the conclusion that growing for commercial reasons in Thailand is extremely difficult. Further, you can't establish much of a sales base as you can't deliver year round."

Very wise words, and I've been looking into nethouse/greenhouse to support the year round growing to supply product. You can grow in dirt, buckets/bags-with dirt or hydro, it all works.

This past year with all the rain's we had here, the learning and growing problems drives that home even more when growing specialty crops here.

I don't know if anybody else is growing "A's", but when your fruit are big and it rains, expect losses.

rice555