• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

insane money this.

Pocket money for our boys :o

you reckon hughes had any say in the bid?

I doubt it very much Stevie. He was probably TOLD but i doubt he had a say. Just like with Robinho. Then again, Hughes won't be with us for that long, so it doesn't really matter what he thinks :D

i'd be a bit concerned if i were you mrbj. this is not a way to build a strong and sustainable club. the owners probably think that steven ireland isn't glamourous enough for them.

i have it on good opinion that little stevie grew that little beard to sub-consciously (sp) make the new owners like him and keep him around.

money can't buy me love...(skysports.com)

Kaka's adviser has warned Manchester City that they must prove their ambition if they want to sign the AC Milan superstar.

Widespread reports suggest Manchester City officials have travelled to Milan in a bid to broker a sensational move for the Brazil international.

Reports have claimed City are prepared to break the bank to bring Kaka to Eastlands in a world record transfer deal.

However, Kaka's spokesman Diogo Kotscho insists the player will not be swayed by money and that he will only join City if they can match his ambitions.

"To accept Manchester City, Kaka wouldn't do a matter based on money", he told Corriere dello Sport. "But to the competitiveness of the English side.

"Ricky would like a strong side. He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with not a winning solution."

Milan have always insisted Kaka was not for sale at any price, but it remains to be seen if they will be able to resist the mega offer from City in this month's transfer window.

i'd be a bit concerned if i were you mrbj. this is not a way to build a strong and sustainable club. the owners probably think that steven ireland isn't glamourous enough for them.

No, not concerned at all Stevie. We've won nowt for 32 years and now someone wants to throw big bucks at us. How can i feel concerned. You're right of course, about building a team that is strong and sustainable for the future.

Man City make Kaka bid

By Soccernet staff

January 14, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Manchester City have opened talks with Italian side AC Milan over a possible world record transfer bid of £100 million for Brazilian playmaker Kaka.

A City delegation led by chief executive Garry Cook flew to Italy on Tuesday to begin negotiations and are reported to be willing to pay Kaka a weekly wage of £500,000.

Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi could only claim he was "hopeful" that Kaka would remain at the San Siro and sources claimed that City want the 26-year-old "at all costs".

While there was no official word from Eastlands, Berlusconi's assessment suggests the transfer may go through.

Mediaset, a company owned by Berlusconi, reported: "This time they (Manchester City) are here for real with an official delegation''

"Manchester City want Kaka at all costs and they have shown their cards. Garry Cook, two representatives of Sheik Mansour and Kia Joorabchian, who is acting as a mediator, met with Adriano Galliani and Ernesto Bronzetti (Milan's chief executive and commercial director) and made their offer," said the report.

It has been suggested that the visit of Newcastle United on January 28 has been pencilled in as a potential debut day for the former world footballer of the year, deposed by Cristiano Ronaldo on Monday.

Whilst City remain in a relegation dogfight, the prospect of seeing Kaka in action will excite every Blues fan.

Yet Hughes insists he is not a fan of the transfer window, which could yet lead one of the world's biggest names to his club.

"I don't particularly like the transfer window because you have to wait to address things that could be sorted out a lot more quickly under the old system," Hughes told the Manchester Evening News.

"I am sure there were reasons behind bringing in a transfer window in the first place but I cannot fathom what they were.

"There have been weaknesses in our squad for quite some time and I have not had the opportunity to address them.

"Now we get to January and prices are inflated and the expectations are heightened. I don't think it is a healthy situation."

Cook has now returned to Manchester and will await permission to talk with Kaka. However, one deal that seems to be inching closer is for West Ham's firebrand striker Craig Bellamy.

Hughes has worked with Bellamy twice before and sees the Welshman as a valuable addition to his squad. It seems West Ham are finally on the brink of allowing the player to leave provided City reach their £10million valuation.

Man City make Kaka bid

By Soccernet staff

January 14, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Manchester City have opened talks with Italian side AC Milan over a possible world record transfer bid of £100 million for Brazilian playmaker Kaka.

A City delegation led by chief executive Garry Cook flew to Italy on Tuesday to begin negotiations and are reported to be willing to pay Kaka a weekly wage of £500,000.

Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi could only claim he was "hopeful" that Kaka would remain at the San Siro and sources claimed that City want the 26-year-old "at all costs".

While there was no official word from Eastlands, Berlusconi's assessment suggests the transfer may go through.

Mediaset, a company owned by Berlusconi, reported: "This time they (Manchester City) are here for real with an official delegation''

"Manchester City want Kaka at all costs and they have shown their cards. Garry Cook, two representatives of Sheik Mansour and Kia Joorabchian, who is acting as a mediator, met with Adriano Galliani and Ernesto Bronzetti (Milan's chief executive and commercial director) and made their offer," said the report.

It has been suggested that the visit of Newcastle United on January 28 has been pencilled in as a potential debut day for the former world footballer of the year, deposed by Cristiano Ronaldo on Monday.

Whilst City remain in a relegation dogfight, the prospect of seeing Kaka in action will excite every Blues fan.

Yet Hughes insists he is not a fan of the transfer window, which could yet lead one of the world's biggest names to his club.

"I don't particularly like the transfer window because you have to wait to address things that could be sorted out a lot more quickly under the old system," Hughes told the Manchester Evening News.

"I am sure there were reasons behind bringing in a transfer window in the first place but I cannot fathom what they were.

"There have been weaknesses in our squad for quite some time and I have not had the opportunity to address them.

"Now we get to January and prices are inflated and the expectations are heightened. I don't think it is a healthy situation."

Cook has now returned to Manchester and will await permission to talk with Kaka. However, one deal that seems to be inching closer is for West Ham's firebrand striker Craig Bellamy.

Hughes has worked with Bellamy twice before and sees the Welshman as a valuable addition to his squad. It seems West Ham are finally on the brink of allowing the player to leave provided City reach their £10million valuation.

Maybe Maka has a secret long term wish to play in the Championship. As for dealing with Silvio Berlusconi , the very best of luck !

500, 000 quid per week, chump change for these guys! They should just offer Kaka 500,000 per week after tax, that should help him (or his agent) forget what ambition means.

don't worry, i am willing to bet that 99% of his salary will be paid in the tax free UAE.

insane money this. you reckon hughes had any say in the bid?

Worried?

Dont forget your clean underwear! :o

worried for football if they really are serious about paying that for one player and paying him half a million a week, yeah.

Worried?

worried for football if they really are serious about paying that for one player and paying him half a million a week, yeah.

Worried that City are going to break into the Big 4?

Its a great thing for City fans, maybe not so great for Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Next stop Mourinho!!

Worried?

Got to agree with Stevie & i'd say the same thing if it was my Club..

This sort of thing ( 500k per week ) is doing our beautiful Game no favours at all...

It's a Game full of Whores as it is who show virtually no loyalty whatsoever & insult Fans intelligence in Interview after Interview, i dread to think what it will be like in the Summer..

I said something about Chelsea a while back that i think is relevent today, if Abramovich bought WBA they'd be in exactly the same position that Chelsea are in today, winning Premierships over the past couple of Season, genuine contenders for European Champions etc etc..

It's not that Chelsea who are a great Club, ok they've had some success over the Years in the Cup but have never been good enough, at least not in any of our Life times, to threaten being good enough to win a League Championship, unlike Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal. it's their Owner who has a lot of money who makes them that way & it could have been anyway, like WBA..

No different to City in my opinion except the big difference is, & no offnece to Chelsea, City in my eyes are a " REAL " Club, or were anyway..

But if the City Bods on here are of the mentality " <deleted> it, i don't care, i want to win somethign after being starved of success for x amount of years ", then that's their perogative..

Not the way i'd want my Club to go in achieving things though personally.

Edited by MSingh

So, it's just been on Sky Sports News, City are wanting to pay £100 mill for Kaka and, half a mill per week.......! But, City are only worth £240 mill, in realism, does that make Kaka more "massive" than City....?

:o

redrus

apart from the money why would Kaka want to join a club in the bottom 3 of the premier league?IMO they need defenders not attakers........................they got sturridge,ireland wright phillips,robinho,and more but they leek goals!

Problems are in the dressing room and should be sorted first.

As i have said before, i like City & have a lot of time for some of their Fans but i have a horrible feeling this is gonna go all horribly wrong, in typical " City " fashion...

To learn to Walk before Running is always a good thing imo..