City Bid 100 Million Euro For Kaka

Zodiac

Worried that City are going to break into the Big 4?

Its a great thing for City fans, maybe not so great for Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Next stop Mourinho!!

it isn't that jackndanny, i've no axe to grind with city. . . .i'd like to see a salary cap and a transfer fee cap implemented in football, have done for a while. the long-term knock-on effect of this super money in the game now is damage to the game's grass roots and non-rich people being priced out of match tickets.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man City undeterred in £100m Kaka chase

January 14, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Manchester City are refusing to give up on the prospect of Brazilian superstar Kaka.

The Blues are said to be prepared to pay the 26-year-old former world footballer of the year a staggering £500,000 a week to join the Eastlands revolution, with AC Milan netting a world record £100million transfer fee.

Initial reaction from Italy has not been positive, with Kaka giving an interview to the TV station of owner Silvio Berlusconi, MediaSet, stating he remains commited to the San Siro outfit and is purely interested in helping them regain their former status as Champions League winners.

However, such talk is different from the noises being made behind the scenes and there are some inside City who remain highly confident a transfer will be brokered at some point this month.

It is felt Kaka wants to know more about the proposals City are keen to put to him, a fact acknowledged by his spokesperson Diogo Kotscho.

And there is a suggestion Kaka's father may have talks with City executive chairman Garry Cook at some point over the next 10 days to discover the club's precise intentions.

Such a move would be hugely significant as Kaka's father has played a key role in his son's career and any decision to leave Milan would almost certainly require his agreement.

The City delegation that flew out of Italy last night privately felt negotiations with Milan had gone well, building on contacts that were initially made well over a month ago.

As money is seemingly no object for this deal, City must now prove to Kaka their grand plan involves more than just cash.

Although he has not been working on the Blues' behalf, Kia Joorabchian has been used as an intermediary and is likely to be involved further given his extensive network of South American contacts, should talks progress.

Even Kotscho hinted further negotiations are almost certain, while at the same time stressing Kaka's commitment to AC Milan.

``If Milan agree and give us authorisation to talk with them, we would speak to Manchester City,'' Kotscho told BBC Radio Five Live.

``It is a great proposal. It is near £100million. It is not impossible (that Kaka could sign for City). But for us it is not only about money, we don't need only money.

``We have to have a good project and a winning project. It can be a project for the long term (to be) a top team in the world.''

It is certainly a less straightforward situation than Milan want their fans to believe.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti realises he needs extra funds for his rebuilding plans and the mere fact Milan have been prepared to offer David Beckham a short-term contract emphasises the difficulty they have compared with their major European rivals in the Premier League and La Liga.

Nevertheless, Kaka is certainly making all the right statements, which is to be expected of a player who has become sewn into the fabric of AC Milan since his arrival from South America in 2003.

``This is not probably something which will see me leave Milan,'' he said. ``If, one day, the club wishes to sell me then it is a different issue altogether.

``But I feel very good. It's not the money that will see me leave. I want to grow old at Milan.''

So far, it has been a frustrating month in the transfer market for City, whose fans might wonder how they can offer such vast sums for Kaka while failing to agree terms with West Ham, Blackburn and Newcastle for Scott Parker, Roque Santa Cruz and Shay Given.

Indeed, manager Mark Hughes claims not to be a fan of the January transfer window at all.

``I don't particularly like the transfer window because you have to wait to address things that could be sorted out a lot more quickly under the old system,'' he told the Manchester Evening News.

``I am sure there were reasons behind bringing in the transfer window in the first place but I cannot fathom what they were.

``There have been weaknesses in our squad for quite some time and I have not had the opportunity to address those. If I had been able to do so I would have done it very quickly.

``Now we get to January and the prices are inflated, expectations are heightened and the media goes crazy. I don't think it is a healthy situation.''

The more i think about this Kaka stuff the more i think it isn't gonna help City at all, not one little bit, in this January Transfer Window, with buying other Players..

To say they will now pay grossly inflated Prices for Player will be an understatement..

Its a great thing for City fans, maybe not so great for Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Next stop Mourinho!!

it isn't that jackndanny, i've no axe to grind with city. . . .i'd like to see a salary cap and a transfer fee cap implemented in football, have done for a while. the long-term knock-on effect of this super money in the game now is damage to the game's grass roots and non-rich people being priced out of match tickets.

I totally agree. This should be implemented in about 5yrs. Let us have our bit of success first. :o

^

:o

This will be a reccuring theme with the ones who aren't money grabbing <deleted>....!

redrus

In modern Football ??

There isn't any..

It seems in this instance, Robinho is and Kaka isn't....!

redrus

£100M DEAL IN CONFUSION

Mixed signals say Kaka deal is on/off

January 15, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Confusion again reigns over Brazil midfielder Kaka's mooted £100m transfer to Manchester City. Reports from the United Arab Emirates suggest that the deal is off while City assistant manager Mark Bowen has said a move is "very close".

Arabianbusiness.com, who broke the story of the Manchester City takeover by Abu Dhabi United group in the summer, claim to have been told by a senior source that the deal is off.

Bowen told BBC Radio Wales this morning that City were still hopeful of the deal. He said: "We have understood there have been negotiations for a fair while now and as far as we are concerned we believe a deal is very close."

A City delegation, including chief exce Garry Cook, were in Italy on Monday to discuss a move for the player. But Kaka himself said on Wednesday that he wanted to stay with Milan and "grow old" at the San Siro.

Next stop Mourinho!!

I totally agree. This should be implemented in about 5yrs. Let us have our bit of success first. :D

Absolutely jack. Didn't hear many of the fans from the top 4 moaning before when their teams were and still are, paying wages that the majority of the rest of the devision couldn't afford.

If a team has the cash then why not pay what they want. Personally, i think any team who has an outstanding loan should be dumped into division 2 and forced to play Rochdale :o

Hughes has just on Sky that he believes that its still on...., that speaks volumes to me....!

redrus

translation: hughes knows fuc_k all about it and never did. mentalness.

They let Hughes have his pet project of trying to sig Bellamy. And he's failing miserably at that (thank <deleted>). There's no way they would let him loose on a big signing :o

Hughes has just on Sky that he believes that its still on...., that speaks volumes to me....!

redrus

translation: hughes knows fuc_k all about it and never did. mentalness.

They let Hughes have his pet project of trying to sig Bellamy. And he's failing miserably at that (thank <deleted>). There's no way they would let him loose on a big signing :D

That may not be the case ... :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/7825118.stm

Bellamy ain't sh*t at all ..

Robinho aside, he's better than anything up front City have currently got, by a mile..

Darius Vassell >> Craig Bellamy ???

Benjani >> Craig Bellamy ???

No brainer, on either..

:o

Thought you might get your teeth in to that one....!

Robinho and Kaka, no brainer....!

redrus

KAKA AND ROB ARE MERE TRINKETS

15th January 2009

By Brian Woolnough

If the money is not a gamble for Manchester City, the emotions certainly are.

They are playing Monopoly with their fans and the rest of football with the absurd bid to bring Kaka to the Premier League.

Think of a name, buy it. This is not a football transfer, it is the moment football went mad, and that’s official.

Players like Kaka and Robinho are just like PR trinkets to the new owners.

In this credit crunch time, the offer on the table for the Brazilian star is insulting to the supporters who must pay to watch him.

They are cutting back every day with luxuries out of the question.

City are playing mind games by offering one man more money a week than the average fan in this country sees in a lifetime.

It is also an immoral offer at a time when some clubs in the lower leagues are trying to stay afloat.

What happens if City struggle and Kaka doesn’t play well? There will be no sympathy for them or him right across the country. Indeed, there could be anger.

Kaka has always said the two most important things to him are winning and God. If he says yes to City then we can add money.

What other reason would there be for him to leave AC Milan for Eastlands?

He has always insisted money is not important and indeed this wonderful footballer is already a multi-millionaire.

But, it seems that money talks in every language, apart from that of the true fan.

Why would Kaka want to play at City? No Champions League football and a mix-and-match team that is struggling at the bottom end of the table?

It will be years before they are ready to challenge the other half of Manchester as the best team in the country.

Yes, he can play alongside international mate Robinho and there will be times when City play exciting football, especially at home, and produce a thrilling victory.

But surely Kaka can do better than City if he really is thinking of quitting Italy? City fans won’t like this but they have only one thing to offer and that is money.

Is any player worth more than the £270,000 a week he currently earns? Of course not. It is money that takes football away from the fans. The owners clearly don’t understand English football. It is a game to them, a bit of entertainment.

When you get a £75m cash offer for a player you know that we are reaching heights we have never been before.

And if they get Kaka, what next? Who next? If they offer enough then anyone is available. Soon it will be the £1m-a- week footballer.

Again, it is not a game any more. One thing is certain, it will be a miracle if Mark Hughes is still the manager next season.

If the owners are going for the best players, they will want the best boss – in their opinion. Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancellotti. It depends who they offer the most money to.

Kaka sounds exciting but it isn’t. It’s worrying, for football. Last week City couldn’t get Scott Parker or Craig Bellamy from West Ham so why not Kaka?

I’m told they have been sniffing around John Terry, the Chelsea and England captain, and no doubt there will be someone new in a few days.

Sadly, no-one can stop the madness. Not the Premier League or FA. Not the small club who is searching for a lifeline.

Manchester City and their owners are making Chelsea and Roman Abramovich look like

paupers. Frank Lampard on £130,000 a week? Is that all?

Are City a Dream Team? No, it is Fantasy Island, a little patch on the football map that no-one else can reach. A place just to dream about, a game of Monopoly. Buy, buy, buy. I hope Kaka turns them down to bring some kind of sanity to English football.

Just when most people were thinking enough is enough of the money madness, the overpaid ego that is the professional footballer, along come City to rewrite the rules.

They can afford it – at least we hope so – but what they can’t afford is the reaction of a game shaking it’s head in disbelief.

We want reality and common sense, not an emotional roller coaster ride where no-one knows when the end will come.

For Kaka read Crazy.

I'm not sure Kaka will have a choice in the matter if the money is so much, surely AC, will let him go regardless of what he wants....?

redrus

Crazy money, but I reckon he will definatley be at city next season along with a few other high profile players. Fair play to city. They aint the first club to splash the cash and they won't be the last. It will be good for the premier league.

<deleted> me...........what I would do with .5 million quid a week....one can only dream.

Regarding the 'KAKA AND ROB ARE MERE TRINKETS. 15th January 2009' post, I think a lot of the same things were being said when Abramovich started pumping all his cash into Chelsea, the only difference then is that Chelsea were in a better position to break into the big 4 than Citeh are now.

With all this cash Citeh will face all the same problems as Chelsea, big stars with big egos, fair weather fans only supporting the club due to the big names and glamour stars. I think that managers such as Ferguson and Wenger wont be too bothered, they will simply see it as another challenge to beat the big money teams with tactics, better youth team set up and scouting and also its not like Man U dont splash big cash either.

this is pretty good:

--------------------

Kaka Call

I have come across dialogue between Man City and AC Milan superstar Kaka. Unfortunately I only have the script from the City end but I think it is clear for all as to the total content:

"Hello, is that Kaka? How do you fancy becoming the supply line to Craig Bellamy and Darius Vassell this winter?

"No, your fellow countryman doesn't like the cold and will be out until mid April - but you will play alongside Stephen Ireland"

"No, Kaka, Ireland is a person not a country"

"yes, I fully appreciate that he is not Ronaldinho, Pirlo or even Beckham but many fans have him in their fantasy football"

"I know you are currently the richest man in Italy but we can double it!"

"erm, well, we have had a bit of a slide recently and we are currently 15th"

"erm, out of 20...... but Mark Hughes once won the double for our neighbours"

"Hughes"

"Ex Blackburn boss"

"Blackburn, Blackburn Rovers"

"No, Blackburn......Black.....Burn"

"HUGHES man, HUGHES!!!"

"He once scored a good goal against Spain"

"No, thats Gerry Armstrong..... anyway, are you coming or not?"

"Usually about two thirds full but if we play a big team its really rocks"

"yes I know, but we dont even have a car park cos all the fans walk to the ground they are so local"

"Relevance? well, I suppose its all they have to brag about whether its true or not"

"Only the one to be fair but its called 'blue moon' you will love it"

"Blue"

"yes, definitely blue, always has been"

"No, no, no, they are in Trafford"

"yes they are, steeped in it in fact but what good is history to you my ambitious friend?"

"erm, 1976 I think"

"it was the er, the er League cup if memory serves me right"

"Well, the plan was to get in the top 4 this season and then....."

"yes, I realise that but....."

"Aston Villa? Whats it got to do with them?"

"Yes, I know but we have been down this history route already"

"How the heck does a Brazilian playing in Italy know about Nottingham Forest?"

"Yes, yes, and Leeds United also made a final but you are missing my point, this is all about the future"

"Give me strength......HUGHES!!!!"

"yes I know he did and he was a legend there but he is a changed man"

"forget them, they are falling apart"

"But all those trophies were won last year! They have won nothing in 2009"

"I have told you.... 1976!!!!"

"How the heck does a Brazilian playing in Italy know that Virginia Wade has won Wimbledon since then?"

"Yes she probably is in her 60's"

"I dont know, probably about 10 league titles, 2 european cups and countless domestic cups what has that got to do with it?"

"76,000 why?"

"yes, every game, even minor cups I suppose, but where is this getting us?"

"Yes, the league cup is considered a minor cup over here why?"

"I know, I know, I know, ok perhaps they won the FA Cup in 1970 or something does it really matter?"

"look, Kaka, we will treble whatever you are on now, buy you a mansion in Alderley Edge and give you a helicopter for your front lawn....are you joining us?"

"NO!, its owned by the council - what has the ground got to do with anything"

"well, officially its the city of manchester stadium but most people call it Eastlands"

"EAST!, not Waste"

"You will be adored there"

"No, not there, here I meant"

"No, thats Old Trafford, I meant adored here at Waste....erm, Eastlands"

"Anderson??? what does he know?"

"Ok I hear what you say, but other than Pride, Ambition, Achievement, History, Passion and a large car park - what can they offer you?"

"what do you mean no credit left in your phone.....I phoned you"

"Hello, Mr Kaka,...... Mr Kaka are you there?............................YOU RED B*ST*RD!!!!!"

Loved it Stevie...

I think we all agree it will only be for the money alone, which raises the point of what happens if he breaks a toe getting out of bed one morning and isn't able to play all season ? I wonder how much the insurance policy costs ?

exactly - it's as risky as any other transfer, not least because great south american playmakers don't always adjust to english football's pace and physicality.

incidentally, top trivia time, who knows how he got his nickname of 'kaka'?

exactly - it's as risky as any other transfer, not least because great south american playmakers don't always adjust to english football's pace and physicality.

does it have anything to do with "in the kaka"?

Regarding the 'KAKA AND ROB ARE MERE TRINKETS. 15th January 2009' post, I think a lot of the same things were being said when Abramovich started pumping all his cash into Chelsea, the only difference then is that Chelsea were in a better position to break into the big 4 than Citeh are now.

With all this cash Citeh will face all the same problems as Chelsea, big stars with big egos, fair weather fans only supporting the club due to the big names and glamour stars. I think that managers such as Ferguson and Wenger wont be too bothered, they will simply see it as another challenge to beat the big money teams with tactics, better youth team set up and scouting and also its not like Man U dont splash big cash either.

Absolutely Sarpedon. That guy Brian Woolnough seems to be a tad bitter about something.

His younger brother couldn't pronounce Ricardo

I remember one of my nieces who loved the fizzy drink "Dandelion and Burdock". Some of the ways she tried to pronounce that when ever she went to het nan's was histerical.