• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Kaka....................

post-16343-1232538920_thumb.jpg

redrus

You're 6 hours behind me Mate... :D

This is the Kaka thread and, I forgot to add it to the story I posted up from it.....!

Cocky <deleted>.... :o

:D

redrus

redrus

This is the Kaka thread and, I forgot to add it to the story I posted up from it.....!

redrus

Appears to be a lot of bad blood with the fall out of this Kaka stuff..

For that Gary Cooke Fella to say that Milan didn't understand the deal City put to them is pretty insulting imo considering they're one of the biggest Clubs in the World, run & owned by the Italian PM !!!!!

What credentials has this Gary Cooke Fella got to be saying these kind of things out of curiosity ??

Can any City on here can enlighten me ??

redrus

redrus

Appears to be a lot of bad blood with the fall out of this Kaka stuff..

For that Gary Cooke Fella to say that Milan didn't understand the deal City put to them is pretty insulting imo considering they're one of the biggest Clubs in the World, run & owned by the Italian PM !!!!!

What credentials has this Gary Cooke Fella got to be saying these kind of things out of curiosity ??

Can any City on here can enlighten me ??

Guys like you make me laugh.

First of all, when the proposed transfer was announced, you are non-stop trying to take the p@ss, now its off, you continue to get your nickers in a twist.

To make matters worse, you then start inventing stories to suit your silly agenda.

Show me a link where Gary Cook has said Milan didnt understand the deal?

What he said is that Milan DID understand the deal, and that they bottled it after Political and supporter pressure.

Its over and done with, its not newsworthy anymore. What I find annoying, are all the digs coming in at City. At least let us win something, before you start gobbing off :D

First of all, when the proposed transfer was announced, you are non-stop trying to take the p@ss, now its off, you continue to get your nickers in a twist.

To make matters worse, you then start inventing stories to suit your silly agenda.

What he said is that Milan DID understand the deal, and that they bottled it after Political and supporter pressure.

Its over and done with, its not newsworthy anymore. What I find annoying, are all the digs coming in at City. At least let us win something, before you start gobbing off :o

Do i ??

Do i make you laugh do i ??

No one likes a smart arse, especially one that's seemingly wrong quite a bit & i expect an apology to be honest.. :D

Link below Sweetheart, maybe get your facts right before you start accusing someone of inventing stories saying you're getting annoyed at the digs coming in for City because it's things like the below, that Cooke said, that will be the reason you'll be getting a whole lot more digs from the whole World Media pretty soon...

=============

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...rns-bitter.html

What the City executive said:

'We think they bottled it. They lost their nerve. They had agreed to sell their prize possession and we had agreed to buy him. We had decided to build a business model around it which was a little sophisticated for them to understand.'

'We weren’t naive. The world we entered into was somewhat unprofessional. The expectation of our owners is to behave with dignity. If wehaven’t got Kaka it is not the end of the world, we have got Craig Bellamy.'

============

Oh & Jack N Danny, you know you said i make you laugh, well from where i'm from, your user name is common slang for Female Genitalia, now that's funny... :D

I'd still like to know the credentials of this Cooke Fella if you wouldn't mind letting me know as i have a feeling he'll be offski's pretty soon judging by some of the stuff coming out of his mouth, that is if the Arabs don't realise they've bought the wrong Club & get out first..

Anyways, you're right, it's not newsworthy any more so good luck at the weekend...

Oh sorry...... :D

Its over and done with, its not newsworthy anymore. What I find annoying, are all the digs coming in at City. At least let us win something, before you start gobbing off :o

Do i ??

No one likes a smart arse, especially one that's seemingly wrong quite a bit & i expect an apology to be honest.. :D

Link below Sweetheart, maybe get your facts right before you start accusing someone of inventing stories saying you're getting annoyed at the digs coming in for City because it's things like the below, that Cooke said, that will be the reason you'll be getting a whole lot more digs from the whole World Media pretty soon...

=============

'We think they bottled it. They lost their nerve. They had agreed to sell their prize possession and we had agreed to buy him. We had decided to build a business model around it which was a little sophisticated for them to understand.'

'We weren’t naive. The world we entered into was somewhat unprofessional. The expectation of our owners is to behave with dignity. If wehaven’t got Kaka it is not the end of the world, we have got Craig Bellamy.'

============

Oh & Jack N Danny, you know you said i make you laugh, well from where i'm from, your user name is common slang for Female Genitalia, now that's funny... :D

I'd still like to know the credentials of this Cooke Fella if you wouldn't mind letting me know as i have a feeling he'll be offski's pretty soon judging by some of the stuff coming out of his mouth, that is if the Arabs don't realise they've bought the wrong Club & get out first..

Anyways, you're right, it's not newsworthy any more so good luck at the weekend...

Oh sorry...... :D

Hey, cocky <deleted>

I suggest you re-read the article. Cook does not say the deal didnt go through because Milan didnt understand the deal.

Anyway, I come on here to have the crack, which seems a little bit beyond your abilities. I dont like you, you dont like me, so lets leave it at that. I dont want to get involved with silly squabbles over football :D

at any rate, i don't think gary cook is covering himself in glory at the minute. coming across as a new version of peter kenyon. can't say that city aren't trying, mind:

City also tried and failed to sign Villa, Henry and Buffon

• 'Ludicrous' demands prevented deals from going ahead

• Robinho apologises and will return to Manchester this weekend

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ja...ianluigi-buffon

The full extent of Manchester City's ­difficulties in the transfer window were revealed last night when it emerged that the club had also tried and failed to sign David Villa, Gianluigi Buffon and Thierry Henry before their aborted £91m world-record bid for Kaka.

Backed by their billionaire owners in Abu Dhabi, a delegation from Eastlands went to Valencia in December to make it known they wanted to sign Villa and his Spain team-mate David Silva from the La Liga club. City were willing to pay around £100m but pulled out, as a point of principle, when Valencia asked for £135m. "They wanted us to bankroll their club for the next four seasons," said one of the men involved in the deal.

A City delegation also travelled to Turin to open talks with Juvenus for Buffon, the Italy goalkeeper. Juventus wanted a figure close to £100m and, again, City withdrew from the negotiations, suspecting the Italian club were trying to take advantage of what has become known in football circles as "the Manchester City effect".

"We're not anybody's fool," Garry Cook, City's executive chairman, said last night. "We've turned down negotiations for three different players because we felt the demands both from the [selling] club and, in essence, the players have been ludicrous. Our experience in this window is that clubs have been trying to do that to us. We chose not to engage any further in those conversations and [the manager] Mark Hughes fully understands that. The perception that we are out there throwing money around is simply not true."

One player City have spent a large amount of money on is Robinho. The £32.5m forward last night apologised to Hughes for walking out of the club's mid-season training camp in Tenerife on Monday so he could fly to Brazil to celebrate his 25th birthday on Sunday. Robinho has booked a flight to return to Manchester this weekend but has been fined two weeks wages, amounting to £320,000, by his furious City manager.

Villa and Silva were, it transpires, the first players Hughes identified when the Abu Dhabi United Group told him he could target virtually any footballer in the world. Hughes also mentioned Carlos Tevez, but City were worried about how their supporters would react to signing a Manchester United player and chose not to follow it up, even though Cook has close ties with the Argentina striker's adviser, Kia Joorabchian.

Lassana Diarra was another of Hughes's targets before he moved from Portsmouth to Real Madrid for £20m last month. However, City's information was that the transfer would cost £6m in agents' fees. The club immediately withdrew.

The interest in Henry was more sustained with City initiating talks with Barcelona as well as speaking to his agent, Darren Dein, despite Hughes having reservations about whether the former Arsenal striker was, at the age of 31, on the wane. City were willing to offer around £25m but the deal never got that far after Henry decided he did not want to move in January. The France striker is more inclined to return to England at the end of the season and it is something City may revisit.

The same applies to Yaya Touré, the Barcelona midfielder, who was the subject of a £24m bid. The chances of Kolo Touré joining from Arsenal, however, are receding. "Apparently he's not for sale," Cook reported. Similarly, Everton have asked City not to follow up their initial interest in Joleon Lescott and Mikel Arteta.

Hughes has already spent around £40m on Wayne Bridge from Chelsea, Craig ­Bellamy from West Ham United and Nigel de Jong from Hamburg — the midfielder agreed a four-and-a-half-year deal yesterday — and that figure could ­conceivably be closer to £100m by the end of the transfer window on 2 February. Hughes still wants a central defender and has also asked about Chelsea's Alex, but with little success.

City have also made three bids for the Newcastle United goalkeeper Shay Given – £3m, then £5m and, finally, £6m, which remains on the table – and have not given up hope of signing the striker Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn Rovers, even though their last offer of £18m, with Tal Ben Haim moving in the other direction, has been turned down by the Ewood Park club.

"It's well documented we have put in more than one offer," Cook said. "The last I heard, which was from [blackburn's manager] Sam Allardyce, they were ­looking to bring in another striker before they made a decision. There is an offer on the table, Sam Allardyce is working through his issues and I fully respect that.

"We're not trying to create a situation he doesn't want; we're just managing our issues. We've made it quite clear we'd like Santa Cruz and we'll continue with those talks."

A successful conclusion to one of the longest transfer sagas of modern times would certainly give City a lift in a week when the negotiations to sign Kaka from Milan have collapsed, leading to a ­disillusioned Robinho leaving their ­Spanish mid-season training camp.

More serious for Hughes is the growing feeling at City that Robinho has been unsettled by the club's inability to bring in Kaka and that the former Real Madrid player would like to move to Chelsea to join Luiz Felipe Scolari, formerly his coach with the Brazil national team. The London club had tried to sign him in the summer.

Very hard to attract the best without playing in Champions league football nowadays, hence all these failed signings. Also not sure Hughes is well known abroad.Maybe the owners should be chasing a Big Name Manager (example Mourinho) to try and attract Big Name players.

Obviously the new owners want instant success instead of slowly building on what they have. Which will be at the expense of their excellent youth system and some of the best young players in the league coming through.

Do i ??

=============

'We weren't naive. The world we entered into was somewhat unprofessional. The expectation of our owners is to behave with dignity. If wehaven't got Kaka it is not the end of the world, we have got Craig Bellamy.'

============

Oh sorry...... :burp:

Hey, cocky <deleted>

I suggest you re-read the article. Cook does not say the deal didnt go through because Milan didnt understand the deal.

Anyway, I come on here to have the crack, which seems a little bit beyond your abilities. I dont like you, you dont like me, so lets leave it at that. I dont want to get involved with silly squabbles over football :D

Bwahahaha..

You're good at saying one thing, then when i " show you the link ", say something else aren't you ??

& i suppose you only bought Bellamy for 12m too didn't you ?? :wai:

Look, i never said it didn't go through because they didn't understand, i said that Cooke said that they didn't understand the deal which City put to them, which coming from Gary Cooke, whom i was asking legitimately about his credentials, & i thought was insulting to a Club like Milan & the Italian PM, which it was & anyone who says otherwise could only be a deluded City Fan with visions of nonsensical grandeur as opposed to one with their head screwed on..

You then said that people like me made you laugh & that i invent stories which, as has been proven, i don't.. :P

Hardly a C*cky B*llox when i'm only pointing out what your MD or whoever he is, actually said..

Bwahahahaha

& for the record, why would i not like you, that's silly ??

If you pay any money supporting your Club like i'd assume you do, then you contributed to paying my Club 14m for Bellamy the other day so you're alright in my book J&D.. :jerk:

& you say people like me make you laugh !!!! :D

If you pay any money supporting your Club like i'd assume you do, then you contributed to paying my Club 14m for Bellamy the other day so you're alright in my book J&D.. :D

If you pay any money putting petrol in your vehicle like i'd assume you do, then you contributed to paying my Club so that we could pay your club 14m for Bellamy the other day. So you're alright in my book Singhy :o

If you pay any money supporting your Club like i'd assume you do, then you contributed to paying my Club 14m for Bellamy the other day so you're alright in my book J&D.. :D

If you pay any money putting petrol in your vehicle like i'd assume you do, then you contributed to paying my Club so that we could pay your club 14m for Bellamy the other day. So you're alright in my book Singhy :o

Alright Noel Gallagher.. :D

Can't argue with that though, i'm gonna start using my Bicycle more... :D

Edited by MSingh

It has already been documented that <deleted> all of their oil comes to our shores, this was cleared up when they took over.

Mr BJ is a TROLL reet top lad....!

redrus

personally, i think Jstar should re-name this thread....

City Bid 100 Million Euros for Kaka and got turned down

'kaka tells city to come back when they're a big club - so do david villa, thierry henry, gianluigi buffon and robbie savage'.

personally, i think Jstar should re-name this thread....

City Bid 100 Million Euros for Kaka and got turned down

'kaka tells city to come back when they're a big club - so do david villa, thierry henry, gianluigi buffon and robbie savage'.

that's hitting below the belt.......and i like it!

this is a bit of an assassination from marcotti:

Garry Cook extravaganza

Gabriele Marcotti

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/200...-cook-extr.html

4. So, according to Garry Cook, chief executive of Manchester City, Kaka did not move to Eastlands primarily for two reasons: AC Milan "bottled it" and Kaka's father, Bosco, "failed to grasp" the complexity of the "project" Cook laid out for him.

Let's take closer look, shall we?

Milan gave City permission to speak to Kaka. They agreed a deal for the player with the club. They were ready to let Kaka go if he reached a deal with City. That's a fact which no amount of spin and historical revisionism is going to change. All that was left was for Cook to convince Kaka.

As for Bosco, according to Cook, the negotiation was just "too sophisticated" for him. Cook outlined his project, which apparently involved three lawyers poring over Kaka's numerous endorsement contracts (most of whom would be voided or renegotiated if he left Milan) and explaining to Bosco how he could earn many times that amount if Kaka embraced City's "project". Bosco, apparently, wasn't interested in all that. He wanted a simple answer: if my son joins your club, how much will he earn and what will you do with him? Cook says he tried to answer those questions but Bosco simply failed to understand him.

Maybe it's just me, but it strikes me that if you're going to go out and break a world transfer record, you had better come prepared. You had better know who you're dealing with, how they think and what they're likely to ask for. Maybe Mr Cook isn't aware of them, but there are a number of useful books he can read to learn how to cut a deal. I would recommend Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher. Or he can ask any first-year MBA candidate.

Either way, blinding your counterpart with science is not a good idea.

Still, Cook says: "My frustration with the world of football is people's understanding of this level of negotiation." Evidently Cook is so clever and sophisticated that the world of football is just too basic and too Neanderthal for him. Evidently, a small, pitiful club like AC Milan, with a limited fan base, no global appeal and zero business nous and a dunce like Kaka's dad (who, after all, is just a lowly civil engineer and not a highly sophisticated shoe salesman) could never comprehend the wisdom of Cook's "project".

Hopefully, the rest of football, especially clubs like AC Milan, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona, who simply haven't a clue about global branding and exploiting the sport commercially, will be enlightened by the shining example Cook will set at Manchester City over the next few years.

3. Cook's undoubted expertise in buying and selling players comes from his time at Nike, where, as he tells us, he managed the Jordan brand. Impressive, right? After all, Michael Jordan wasn't just arguably (better say "arguably", otherwise the ghost of Wilt Chamberlain will come and torment me) the greatest basketball player of all time, he was a commercial juggernaut, who, in that respect, makes Tiger Woods look like Tiger Lily (well, almost).

And clearly Jordan must owe his commercial success to Cook, right? David Falk, Jordan's agent, the guy who negotiated the original Nike deal back in 1985 and came up with the "Air Jordan" concept, was clearly a marginal figure in the success of the "Jordan Brand".

I was curious to see just how much Cook was involved in Jordan's reign as undisputed commercial champion of the universe so I did a bit of (admittedly unscientific) googling. Cook joined Nike in 1996 where he held a number of jobs, most of them entirely unrelated to the Jordan Brand (country sales manager for the UK, regional apparel sales director for Europe, Middle East and Africa, and general manager for Nike Team Sports in the United States) before becoming international general manager of the Jordan Brand and then, in 2008 (five years after Jordan's retirement), president of the Jordan Brand. Assuming he spent at least two years in each of his previous roles within Nike, he wouldn't have been involved with the Jordan Brand until the very tail end of Jordan's career at the earliest.

2. But maybe there are a few things Cook doesn't fully grasp, like, say, loyalty to a club or an employer. On January 18, 2008, Nike named him president of the Jordan Brand. By May of that very same year, LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS LATER, he dumped Nike to go work for Thaksin Shinawatra, a guy who, at the time, was facing trial on corruption charges (but, somehow, was a more attractive employer than Nike and offered a more rewarding job than being responsible for the much-vaunted Jordan Brand).

Maybe that's why he was so befuddled by Kaka's decision to stay loyal to the club who made him the highest paid player in the game, a club where is adored and appreciated, a club which, in terms of prestige, is matched by very few others in the world. Maybe the loyalty-to-those-who-showed-faith-in-you bit escaped Cook.

1. Am I being hard on him? Probably. The fact is, I haven't met the guy personally, though I've spoken to people who have, both here and in Oregon, and most describe him as a pretty decent guy. In fact, if he ever wants to grab a pint or a cup of coffee, I'm game anytime. I'm not judging him, I'm judging his specific actions in this specific instance.

And the fact is, it's frustrating to witness such a colossal screw-up. Frustrating for City and for Mark Hughes and Mark Bowen, who are decent, talented people who deserved better. No, I'm not talking about missing out on Kaka. Ultimately, it was the player's choice. I'm talking about the absurd statements Cook made yesterday, perhaps in an attempt to save face, perhaps as a way of justifying himself to Sheikh Mansour.

Fact is, he didn't need to do any of that. Fact is, rather than making Bosco out to be some kind of bumpkin and Milan out to be "bottlers" all he had to say was this: "We tried our best to sign Kaka, we worked out a deal with Milan and he was very close to joining us. Ultimately, he decided to stay loyal to the club he loves and to the supporters. We respect that, because he showed great integrity, loyalty and leadership. Which is precisely why we tried to buy him in the first place, because we too cherish those qualities. We wish him good luck and, as for City, we'll continue our ambitious plans to become a global force. And soon we'll find our own version of Kaka, either on the transfer market or among the many talented local boys who have come through our excellent academy."

That's it. That's all he had to do to come out of this with his head held high. He already proved that he could take one of the world's biggest clubs and persuade them to sell their most prized asset, something few thought he could do, even a few weeks ago.

It has already been documented that <deleted> all of their oil comes to our shores, this was cleared up when they took over.

Really? Your in denial Red. I could search all day but here a just a few examples. Enjoy and don't forget. Keep your tank full Okay :D

From thePrime Ministers speech 3 November 2008:-

"Britain is proud of its close and historic relationships with Abu Dhabi and with the whole of the Gulf. Trade was the initial spur of our relationship, but as our knowledge of the region has deepened our partnership has become stronger. Our ties have become more numerous and our commitment, I would say our mutual commitment, to each other has become more profound."

Full speech http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page17360

or this:-

"Abu Dhabi National Energy Co., or TAQA, on Monday completed the acquisition of Canada-based Talisman Energy's non-operated oil and natural gas assets in the Brae area of the U.K., the company said in a statement." Source:- http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=54641

And why would the following company set up in the UK if it wasn't selling petrol there?

Abu Dhabi Petroleum Company Ltd.

International Private company

Brettenham House, 1 Lancaster Pl., London, WC2E 7EE, United Kingdom

Here's their number so you can call em and ask for yourself :D

()44 020 7379 7611, 44 020 7379 7626 fax,

Mr Joe Mangles, tell me (regardless of our "historic relationships" with the Middle East), the percentage of oil supplied to the UK by Ciddy's owners....?

We went through this when they bought you....! :o

redrus

Really? Your in denial Red. I could search all day but here a just a few examples. Enjoy and don't forget. Keep your tank full Okay :D

From thePrime Ministers speech 3 November 2008:-

"Britain is proud of its close and historic relationships with Abu Dhabi and with the whole of the Gulf. Trade was the initial spur of our relationship, but as our knowledge of the region has deepened our partnership has become stronger. Our ties have become more numerous and our commitment, I would say our mutual commitment, to each other has become more profound."

Full speech http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page17360

or this:-

"Abu Dhabi National Energy Co., or TAQA, on Monday completed the acquisition of Canada-based Talisman Energy's non-operated oil and natural gas assets in the Brae area of the U.K., the company said in a statement." Source:- http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=54641

And why would the following company set up in the UK if it wasn't selling petrol there?

Abu Dhabi Petroleum Company Ltd.

International Private company

Brettenham House, 1 Lancaster Pl., London, WC2E 7EE, United Kingdom

Here's their number so you can call em and ask for yourself :D

()44 020 7379 7611, 44 020 7379 7626 fax,

Quite simple actually, they set this up to ensure that it loses money in order to avoid paying any taxes in the UK - not that city are going to be making any money anytime soon.

apparently in response to this united are changing their sponsor from AIG to LPG.

apparently in response to this united are changing their sponsor from AIG to LPG.

Actually, we are going to do away with shirt sponsorship all together and follow the example of wh earlier this year with just a number, but in our case it will be #1.

How about Air Asia, wouldn't shock me. I really dont see Saudi Telecom at all.

Actually, we are going to do away with shirt sponsorship all together and follow the example of wh earlier this year with just a number, but in our case it will be #1.

does my head in that partnership you lot have out here with air asia. costs me a fortune to boycott the fuc_kers.

does my head in that partnership you lot have out here with air asia. costs me a fortune to boycott the fuc_kers.

so are you saying you don't sip on the odd Chang Beer either? Maybe, just a home where nobody can see you. :o

so are you saying you don't sip on the odd Chang Beer either? Maybe, just a home where nobody can see you. :o

notwithstanding that chang tastes like piss, nope, i boycott that too. :D

Don't forget, one of City's sponsors is Singha. I hope you are boycotting them too :D

Mr Joe Mangles, tell me (regardless of our "historic relationships" with the Middle East), the percentage of oil supplied to the UK by Ciddy's owners....?

We went through this when they bought you....! :o

Bedpus, i don't know the percentage of oil supplied to the UK by Abu Dhabi but they do supply oil and i can't really be ar5ed searching for the specifics. They also have a JV with Shell, so a percentage of Oil that Shell deliver to the UK market will be tainted by our owners profits.

Now don't forget, keep your tank full :D

Don't forget, one of City's sponsors is Singha. I hope you are boycotting them too :o

not a problem that man, like i said, i've no axe to grind with city. singha's my favourite thai brew anyway, so no boycott there.

that said it's quite difficult going through life never buying sharp, air asia, nike, samsung, chang, budweiser etc. . . .