Canned Tamales

KhunDennis

Hi All, I would appreciate it , if anyone could tell me where I could buy some canned tamales in Bangkok. I need them to make a favorite casserole . Canned may not be the best, but they are not easy to make.

Thanks for any help.

tamales? In Thailand? good luck on that one (I also would love to have a tamale in BKK...but it ain't going to happen.)

Hi All, I would appreciate it , if anyone could tell me where I could buy some canned tamales in Bangkok. I need them to make a favorite casserole . Canned may not be the best, but they are not easy to make.

Thanks for any help.

tamales? In Thailand? good luck on that one (I also would love to have a tamale in BKK...but it ain't going to happen.)

Fresh tamales are available, last I checked, at Miguel's Mexican Cafe .... in Chiang Mai.

Thanks for any help.

Fresh tamales are available, last I checked, at Miguel's Mexican Cafe .... in Chiang Mai.

Pretty good too, IMHO.

I have heard that Miguel's is very good, a big platter of Mexican food souds really good this cool morning, my mouth is watering as I write this. :o

OK, I gotta ask. Is "Miguel" a legitimate Mexican or Latino guy, or is it some Thai guy who made up the name "Miguel"?

He is the same Mike who started the original Mike's Burgers back when they were good and he also ran a number of Mexican restaurants in Southern California over a twenty year period - there is lots of competition and you have to be pretty good to survive. There might be a <snip> in the woodpile somewhere, but it probably does not say that on his birth certificate. :o

Edited by soundman

Miguel's is good, but Tacos & Salsa (owner is from Mexico City) right here in Bangkok is better. Not worth going to Chiang Mai just for Miguel's (American owner) but if you find yourself there, there's no real competition.

This is a new one to me. I like Mexican food and miss the old Tia Maria. I've never heard of Tacos &Salsa; where is it located? And, how to get there?

Miguel's is good, but Tacos & Salsa (owner is from Mexico City) right here in Bangkok is better. Not worth going to Chiang Mai just for Miguel's (American owner) but if you find yourself there, there's no real competition.

This is a new one to me. I like Mexican food and miss the old Tia Maria. I've never heard of Tacos &Salsa; where is it located? And, how to get there?

A simple Google search will work .. for reviews etc. its on soi 18

It was in the same aisle that has a bunch of canned foods. They're not always there. Whenever I see them I buy several, cause I don't know when they'll be getting them again. Last time I bought some was probably a few months ago. I don't go to that market very often.

Edited by DP25