Dtv To Launch Jan 19, Seen As A New Mouthpiece For Pro-thaksin Camp

george

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And btw, unless you can somehow back up your claim that the majority of Thais would be against the current government, well...source it or lose it?

You must take terrorist method to deal with terrorists, because no one did a sh_t to stop PAD from sleeping in these places illegally.

Atleast you acknowledge that you are a supporter of terrorism.

I only can base on numbers of red shirts attended the big meetings, from 50,000 to 90,000 people, compared with 5,000 to 9,000 yellow PAD. This is what can be seen.

One meeting vs 6 months of full day gatherings cannot be compared in attendance numbers, unless you have taken the ID on everyone being there at one point or another...and summed it to create a rough estimate what that would become of 6 months was compressed into one day in a stadium. Surely you realize that?

And do tell, how many was outside the parliament recently...30? Massive support...

The current government won't make any survey to know whom the majority of Thais (including me) support. They only interview those who are on their side.

Yes, yes, sure...besides the fact that the government doesn't do surveys, institutes and universities do.

Don't let facts ruin a good argument!

Jon Ungpakorn is asking for no-strings "FREE" media....TV similar to BBC and others,......all of the above are just political mouthpieces,....hence not "FREE"

Why doesn't he gather up his legions of supporters and believers and start up MTV (Marxist TeleVision) and thus create his own "free media"?

Is he a Marxist?...I don't know,but what I have read about the good he has done for the Insurance issue on AIDS patients,reporting of AIDS in the Press, the presure he put on giant pharmacetical companys to make cheap drugs available to the poor does not sound Marxist to me more like good causes by a decent man.Anyway its allways easy to paint someone "RED"or "Marxist"(Ken Livingston's previous nicknames) but you don't address the point he and I are making which is about how to ensure that the media in Thailand is impartial in politics.Have you any ideas you would like to share with us or are you happy the way things are?

Edited by dee123

Jon Ungpakorn is asking for no-strings "FREE" media....TV similar to BBC and others,......all of the above are just political mouthpieces,....hence not "FREE"

Sure, apart from the fact that BBC is neither "FREE" nor...objective. In all honesty, they are very much a political mouthpiece. It all depends on where in the audience you sit.

And ofcourse this new channel above would be even less objective...

yes the BBC has a chquered history(IRA news reporting blackout) but that was with Maggie the milk snatcher Thatcher,....and us "Marxists" :o ) are not great fans of her...remember the BBC were against such censorship.

Edited by dee123

COME ON PLAYMATES!!! be positive lets hear your ideas for a unbiased and free media in Thailand,....its no good just complaining how awful it is at present,...lets hear your ideas.

Free media ? You mean you don't have to pay for it ? There is nothing like "free" media. "Free" media have just one goal, selling advertisement for soft drinks, Japanese cars and frozen food.

Information, you have to pay for it.

COME ON PLAYMATES!!! be positive lets hear your ideas for a unbiased and free media in Thailand,....its no good just complaining how awful it is at present,...lets hear your ideas.

Free media ? You mean you don't have to pay for it ? There is nothing like "free" media. "Free" media have just one goal, selling advertisement for soft drinks, Japanese cars and frozen food.

Information, you have to pay for it.

yes you are right but the fact that the British public have to pay a licence fee means that they hold the power(more so than if a company sponsored)...in Thailand a licence fee might be impractical so suggestions of raising finance through a lottery or tax or other ways,...there are many ways ....but you have to try to insure that wherever the funding comes from it does not affect the impartiallity of the broadcaster,.....but 10 out of 10 for spotting that Pierrot!

Edited by dee123

....but you have to try to insure that wherever the funding comes from it does not affect the impartiallity of the broadcaster

The problem is not the "broadcaster" but the reader. Be realistic, you have "opinions" and if your newspaper print something that doesn't fit what you believe, you won't buy it again.

Sorry to put it this way, but journalists are just like prostitutes, they just tell you what you want hear. Now if you chose to believe it's love, it's your problem.

Edited by Pierrot

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva this morning (January 18) addressed concerns...

She is now being questioned on her appearance on DTV....

...will be scrutinized for appropriateness.

Why worry about DTV?

He didn't express any concern about ASTV.

Does Mark have nothing else to do than to comment about the appropriateness of a single army woman doing some work for DTV?

Common, Mark has a country to run.

I have just found this and I believe it would enlighten many Thais and also Farangs about some of the deep problems Thai society is facing at the moment www.prachatai.com interesting reading and "FREE"

just to clarify the website I mentioned above is"free" as in it accepts no sponsorship thus no outside interference,but of course they have their own "agenda" be it noble or not,and are self appointed as far as I know.Still when there is nothing better in Thailand this is the only alternative.

Edited by dee123

Why doesn't he gather up his legions of supporters and believers and start up MTV (Marxist TeleVision) and thus create his own "free media"?

Is he a Marxist?...I don't know,but what I have read about the good he has done for the Insurance issue on AIDS patients,reporting of AIDS in the Press, the presure he put on giant pharmacetical companys to make cheap drugs available to the poor does not sound Marxist to me more like good causes by a decent man.Anyway its allways easy to paint someone "RED"or "Marxist"(Ken Livingston's previous nicknames) but you don't address the point he and I are making which is about how to ensure that the media in Thailand is impartial in politics.Have you any ideas you would like to share with us or are you happy the way things are?

I'm not painting him red, he's painting himself red...

"I'm a Marxist, and so are many friends in the party. We don't deny it. We're reviving the classic Marxism"

Mr. Ungpakorn / October 30, 2007

While it's a bit surprising you don't seem to know even some of the basic fundamental philosophies of someone you endorse, it doesn't mean that open media shouldn't be as free as possible.

To that end, it's a dramatic and very welcome change that the new government is not going to stifle DTV in the same manner that PTV was during the previous governments.

that Marxist quote, btw, was from your other personal endorsement... :o

I have just found this and I believe it would enlighten many Thais and also Farangs about some of the deep problems Thai society is facing at the moment www.prachatai.com
Edited by sriracha john

The photo is for the comment "Does Mark have nothing else to do...."

Answer: Nothing much. His concentration is to watch what Khun Thaksin and his people are doing when they have DTV.

Answer 2: Yes he has things to do. First he'll borrow money and not make money. The next government will pay for this loan. History will be repeated for the 2nd time.

It's an all-star lineup with shows on DTV to include:

"Democracy Classroom" by former PPP MP and current PTP MP Sunai Jullapongtorn and Lieutenant Sunisa Lertpakawat, author of "Thaksin Where Are You?";

410.jpgsunisa.jpg

*As a repeat offender, this is one Army officer who sure has a lot to learn about following essentially universally-enforced Army regulations.*

pic_5_450.jpg

-----------------------------------

Army to punish woman soldier over DTV link

A woman soldier who joined the controversial DTV would be punished for violating military discipline, the Army said yesterday.

Lieutenant Sunisa Lertpakawat, who wrote the book "Thaksin: Where Are You?" in 2007, would be interrogated for her appearance last week at an event for the launch of DTV, Maj-General Veeran Chantasartkosol, the Army secretary, said.

The satellite television, DTV, set up by an anti-government group would be on-air for the first time today. The programmes mostly would criticise Abhisit Vejjajiva's government.

Sunisa had asked permission from her commander Maj-General Veeran to host a programme, but her request has not yet been granted.

Sunisa, an officer under the Army secretariat office, has faced investigation since 2007 after her biography of former premier Thaksin Shinawatra. The investigation was already completed and Army chief Anupong Paochinda was set to rule her guilty for spending her working time writing a pro-Thaksin book, according to Army spokesman Sansern Keowkamnerd.

The Army officer has the right to join any television programme with permission from the superior and if the content of the programme does not criticise the government, the spokesman said.

"Lt Sunisa had not yet got permission when she appeared at the press conference for the [satellite] television launch and the TV programme was apparently about political affairs, which is against military regulation," Sansern said.

When asked about a senior officer, General Prathomphong Kesornsuk, also taking the People's Alliance for Democracy stage to campaign against previous governments, Sansern said Prathomphong had already been reprimanded.

General Prathomphong had never taken the stage again util he retired from the Army, he said.

Lt Sunisa said she would report to her commander as required tomorrow and would follow the instruction from her office.

"I understand that the military has entered the democratic era and would allow its personnel to express political opinion freely," she said.

She said she would spend her free time on Saturday and Sunday to host a political talk show entitled: "Democratic Class Room".

- The Nation / 2009-01-19

Edited by sriracha john

"Democracy Classroom" by former PPP MP and current PTP MP Sunai Jullapongtorn and Lieutenant Sunisa Lertpakawat, author of "Thaksin Where Are You?";

*As a repeat offender, this is one Army officer who sure has a lot to learn about following essentially universally-enforced Army regulations.*

Speaking of repetition, this is now the second time in two days that you've quoted your own first lurid post in glorious Technicolor - making three "exposures" in total.

Having achieved this hat-trick, can we now expect that you'll move on or at least precis your self-quoting? Or do you think your fellow ThaiVisa members are so slow-witted that they just can't get your rather obvious point the first time?

Edited by Steve2UK

It would seem prudent for Sunisa to resign her commission. Then she can do whatever she wants unfettered. Militaries the world over have strict rules on what the commisioned and enlisted can do that always go beyond restrictions placed on civilians. That is the nature of militaries. Leave and proceed with a journalistic career in the Thaksin camp is probably a viable option for her. To stay in the military and break the rules is silly and may result in penalties that can be avoided by leaving. At best it becomes a mere political stunt and that is worrying as the red side have abandoned a few foot soldiers when they got themselves into trouble.

410.jpg30043291-01.jpg

410.jpgsunisa.jpg

977799007_50c60bef90_o.jpg

-----------------------------

Army to handle its officer's appearance on DTV

410.jpgsunisa.jpg

pic_5_450.jpg

-----------------------------------

Army to punish woman soldier over DTV link

Speaking of repetition, this is now the second time in two days that you've quoted your own first lurid post in glorious Techicolor - making three "exposures" in total.

Having achieved this hat-trick, can we now expect that you'll move on or at least precis your quoting? Or do you think your fellow ThaiVisa members are so slow-witted that they just can't get your rather obvious point the first time?

Actually, a variety of photos (each worth a thousand words and all) have been used since the first illuminating post in an attempt to provide a more complete picture.

I do, however, concede that PTP MP Sunai's photos has been duplicated due to the dearth of his coverage and thus will not be repeating his any further.

Edited by sriracha john

Someone was down for cooking

That's a good point. Other than the worthless, repetitious waste-of-time, nonsense-crap shows outlined above, will Samak be back on DTV with a cooking show? At least that might be something worthwhile on the otherwise Thaksin-drone DTV.

Then they don't have to bother to camouflage his political badmouthing of opponents !

They can let him go "on air" directly as "voice of the free"! :o

Nattawut on "for genuine Freedom, Accountability and against Dictatorship"

Noppadon gets "Free the Oppressed" Show....

and that Girl with the book "Where are You?", get's a Seminar Show on "How to delude the people in a perfect honest and dissembling way?"

edited to correct..

Edited by Samuian

It would seem prudent for Sunisa to resign her commission. Then she can do whatever she wants unfettered. Militaries the world over have strict rules on what the commisioned and enlisted can do that always go beyond restrictions placed on civilians. That is the nature of militaries. Leave and proceed with a journalistic career in the Thaksin camp is probably a viable option for her. To stay in the military and break the rules is silly and may result in penalties that can be avoided by leaving. At best it becomes a mere political stunt and that is worrying as the red side have abandoned a few foot soldiers when they got themselves into trouble.

Broke what rules?

Many low paying civil & military servants moonlight to make ends meet. What's wrong with that?

Unlike the PM post (who say one cannot be a cook), no one prevent them from driving taxi, sell illegal lottery, sell noodle or be a part time jourlist.

"I'm a Marxist, and so are many friends in the party. We don't deny it. We're reviving the classic Marxism"

While it's a bit surprising you don't seem to know even some of the basic fundamental philosophies of someone you endorse, it doesn't mean that open media shouldn't be as free as possible.

To that end, it's a dramatic and very welcome change that the new government is not going to stifle DTV in the same manner that PTV was during the previous governments.

I have just found this and I believe it would enlighten many Thais and also Farangs about some of the deep problems Thai society is facing at the moment www.prachatai.com

ok

Sriracha John I only know limited amount about John Ungpakorn,I admit...i am glad to here though you agree with me and him that public broadcasting is the way forward(that is what your saying isn't it?)Quote "free as possible" More importantly though please let us know where you get all your knowledge from, is it from the State Run TV or people you know who work there,or from biased Thai newspapers.Please inform us. :D

Edited by dee123

how did Ji Ungpakorn's court case go?....there seems to be a total blackout of info!!!...SrirachaJohn please help!....YES!!...we finally ALL agree.....every single member on Thaivisa .com that public broadcasting similar the the BBC is the way forward,....and if given the option this would be welcomed by the vast majority of Thai citizens,...but the Goverment are not doing anything about this,......has anyone any idea why this should be so?

Edited by dee123

Many low paying civil & military servants moonlight to make ends meet. What's wrong with that?

I don't think flying off to London for a couple of weeks counts as legitimate moonlighting.

Giles (Ji) has nothing to be afraid of, he won't be jailed or anything.

There's a case of Harry Nicolaides, though. He just got three years.

I posted the links in "nine activists detaned", not sure to which thread to add it.

That's a good point. Other than the worthless, repetitious waste-of-time, nonsense-crap shows outlined above, will Samak be back on DTV with a cooking show? At least that might be something worthwhile on the otherwise Thaksin-drone DTV.

Unlikely, given the health issues of which you are well aware.

Oh, so then his alleged condition has been verified? Missed that story. Please share.

Fine - for the sake of completeness: "health/legal issues". You have any evidence let alone proof to factually contradict the health aspect as so widely reported? If so, please share. Was the 2-year sentence for defamation as confirmed by the Appeals Court overturned by the Supreme Court on further appeal? If so, I missed that. If not, then any way you care to look at it - through health or jail sentence or absence from the country - it's, as I said, unlikely.

Is this new-found interest in completeness something that will continue in your posts from now on? That would be a very welcome development.

What a difference a couple of days make:

Samak to return to Bangkok on Wednesday: Jakrapob

"Former prime minister Samak Sundaravej will return to Bangkok on Wednesday, former PM's Office minister Jakrapob Penkair said Monday. Jakrapob said Samak would leave Houston, Texas at 4 am local time on Monday on the United Airlines and is scheduled to reach the Suvarnabhumi International Airport on Wednesday. He said Samak would stay in Thailand so that his liver could recover before he would receive another surgery in the United States to treat the liver cancer."

The Nation

19 January 2009

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...esday:-Jakrapob

ok

Sriracha John I only know limited amount about John Ungpakorn,I admit...i am glad to here though you agree with me and him that public broadcasting is the way forward(that is what your saying isn't it?)Quote "free as possible" More importantly though please let us know where you get all your knowledge from, is it from the State Run TV or people you know who work there,or from biased Thai newspapers.Please inform us. :D

I get my news from every imaginable source possible to try and stay informed from as many angles as reasonably possible, eg. Reuters, Thai News Agency, Associated Press, Deutsche Press Agentur, Agence France Presse, The Nation, United Press International, Thailand Outlook Channel, New York Times, Bangkok Post, and even the Peoria Journal Star (I have made posts citing these and a litany of many other print medias). For television news, I watch the Asia News Channel, BBC, Al Jazeera, and even Fox (in addition to local media. All of them have their own biases and only after weighing each angle in totality can one even begin to hope to get a glimmer of what is truly happening.

I do favor all sorts of broadcasting and if his legion of followers :D start up MarxTV, (realized he'd have to extend that out from MTV so as to not confuse it with MaoTV), then that would be great.

Edited by sriracha john

Oh, so then his alleged condition has been verified? Missed that story. Please share.

Fine - for the sake of completeness: "health/legal issues". You have any evidence let alone proof to factually contradict the health aspect as so widely reported? If so, please share. Was the 2-year sentence for defamation as confirmed by the Appeals Court overturned by the Supreme Court on further appeal? If so, I missed that. If not, then any way you care to look at it - through health or jail sentence or absence from the country - it's, as I said, unlikely.

Is this new-found interest in completeness something that will continue in your posts from now on? That would be a very welcome development.

"Former prime minister Samak Sundaravej will return to Bangkok on Wednesday, former PM's Office minister Jakrapob Penkair said Monday. Jakrapob said Samak would leave Houston, Texas at 4 am local time on Monday on the United Airlines and is scheduled to reach the Suvarnabhumi International Airport on Wednesday. He said Samak would stay in Thailand so that his liver could recover before he would receive another surgery in the United States to treat the liver cancer."

The Nation

19 January 2009

:o so now we have Jakob the Liar verifying something....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/search.html&...ghlite=%2Bjakob

Got a source with at least a tiny shred of credibility since he has absolutely zilch?

The Nation

19 January 2009

Got a source with at least a tiny shred of credibility since he has absolutely zilch?

I merely posted an update as reported in The Nation - no verification. I note you don't respond to my previous post.

Still - illuminating to have a historical perspective of yet another one of your repetitive obsessions.

The Nation

19 January 2009

I merely posted an update as reported in The Nation - no verification. I note you don't respond to my previous post.

Still - illuminating to have a historical perspective of yet another one of your repetitive obsessions.

:D LOL... almost as repetitiously obsessive as you are with my posts.

but anyway....OK, so no real verification from Jakob the Liar. I didn't respond to your earlier post because I was simply waiting for someone credible to verify his alleged illness. The "so widely reported" contradiction isn't really warranted if the original reports all eminent from Samak and his spokesman.

As for completeness, there's nothing "new-found" about it. My posting history is chock full of follow-ups and updates and varied sources on the same story. I'd go as far to say I'm unmatched in that regard. Sorry, but you'll have to bark up another tree or find a different angle.