Foodies

ahddub

I live in Tung Song (Nakhon Sri Thammarat), but I'll travel for periodic "supply trips".

I may also be interested in carrying a small retail inventory; therefore I'm also interested in wholesale suppliers.

Where/How can I get in touch with Villa?  Who are they?

Smaller grocery stores called Villa Supermarkets has branches in Bangkok at:

-Sukhumvit Road near Soi 33

-on Sukhumvit Soi 49

-in the basement of the Ploenchit Centre on Sukhumvit Road near Soi 2

-in the Nichada housing project near the International School

-on Pahonyothin Road near the corner of Soi 8

Great mini Supermarket located between the Londoner and the Black Bull (dogs <deleted>) Pub.The only place I found to get decent Cheeses and good selection of beers to wash down all them decent ....cheeses.

I spent about an hour one night with the shops manager going over the place trying to find some OXO cubes....(I kept saying OX-O, C-U-B-E-S not Bl..dy Maggi ) small square things with silver paper with RED letters O-X-O and enclosed in a RED Bl..dy B-O-X with the word OXO on the sides,

but "Mai ao"-Mai Mee....so apart from NO O-X-O cubes its very good. :o  :cool:

George,

"Nichada Housing project near the international school" -- Is that the one near Bangkok Patana School on Sukhumvit 105?Sorry, closed. 2 years, at least. For residents out that way -- Foodland Srinakharin is best.

• 1 month later...

Eurofood is an importer and distributor of dried meat,fresh salmon, smoked salmon, oysters, cheese, pasta, wine...

Eurofood (Eurofashion Ltd), Bangkok

Tel: 02 391 7462, 391 7571

Fax: 02 391 9133

[email protected]

ahddub, please let us know if you found something else... Salami, etc...

You might try Phuket, alot closer to home anyway. I haven't checked any out there specifically but there must be some there. There is a huge tesco/lotus that has lots of western food anyway. You could try the phuket gazette website, they have yellow pages. also samui has colibris which has a good supply of stuff. their email is [email protected].

What I would love to find is one of those ice cream makers, the kind where the bowl is frozen instead of using ice. I've seen them in the US but never here. anyone with an idea? or, conversely, I could buy one in the US but then what about the electricity difference? your regular old travel converter wouldn't work for that would it?