How Can I Stay Longer In Thailand?

Dear all

I am a Malaysia and I believed that as Malaysia we are granted by Thai government to stay in Thailand for maximum of 90 days during the first 6 months period without visa provided we get our passport stamped every 30 days. My question is how can I stay longer in Thailand once my 90 days are up? I mean I like to stay longer in Thailand maybe like a year or two? What are the requirements and what are the procedures to enable me to stay longer in Thailand?

Another question is whether can I open a bank account in Thailand and what are the conditions and requirements? Can a tourist open a bank acount in Thailand?

Can anyone with experience and knowledge of these issues kindly advise me accordingly? Appreciate any help in this forum ya.

Thanks and happy new year!!!

There is no more 90 day rule, you can get 30 days each time you cross the border.

As for other visa options, that wouldn't require you to leave the country every 30 days yo should tell a little more about yourself. There are option, like being marrried to a Thai, working for a Thai company and studying in Thailand.

Opening a bankaccount can be hard, but you shold just keep on trying.

There is no more 90 day rule, you can get 30 days each time you cross the border.

As for other visa options, that wouldn't require you to leave the country every 30 days yo should tell a little more about yourself. There are option, like being marrried to a Thai, working for a Thai company and studying in Thailand.

Opening a bankaccount can be hard, but you shold just keep on trying.

30 days if you arrive by plane via airport. 15 days if you just cross the land border.

Dear all

I am a Malaysia and I believed that as Malaysia we are granted by Thai government to stay in Thailand for maximum of 90 days during the first 6 months period without visa provided we get our passport stamped every 30 days. My question is how can I stay longer in Thailand once my 90 days are up? I mean I like to stay longer in Thailand maybe like a year or two? What are the requirements and what are the procedures to enable me to stay longer in Thailand?

Another question is whether can I open a bank account in Thailand and what are the conditions and requirements? Can a tourist open a bank acount in Thailand?

Can anyone with experience and knowledge of these issues kindly advise me accordingly? Appreciate any help in this forum ya.

Thanks and happy new year!!!

I suggest to learn Thai! You can easily stay here many years without the need of worrying about the visa. The cost is very reasonable only 27,900 per year (promotion started in January, the TV banner needs to be updated) Once you get your ED visa you will be able to stay here making extensions at a local immigration office. On an ED visa you can easily live here with being able to open a bank account, buying a car or a bike etc. Our locations are in Bangkok and Pattaya

We have a lot of students from Malaysia. If you need more info please email [email protected]

Regards, Mac

Walen School of Thai, www.thaiwalen.com

Dear all

Thanks for your replies. Assuming that I lwish to conduct a business in Thai, will there be an alternative way for me to get yearlly visa in order for me to stay longer in Thailand. DO I need to establish a company or something. I have no girlfriend in Thailand nor do I wish to seek employment in Thailand but all I want is to establish a new tour business in Thailand and be my own boss.

Can anyone help to advise me more. Appreciated it, thanks

sincerely

Rorne