Sending Money From Thailand To England?

Hi,

I am looking to send 300,000 baht back to England. I have a Siam Commerical Savings account. I'm just wondering what's the best way to send the money back? Does anyone know if i can send via bank transfer from my SCB account to my Halifax bank account in England? I do not have a work permit, and the money is from selling my car here in Bangkok. Any information on this topic would be very helpful. Thank you.

Paul

Hi,

I am looking to send 300,000 baht back to England. I have a Siam Commerical Savings account. I'm just wondering what's the best way to send the money back? Does anyone know if i can send via bank transfer from my SCB account to my Halifax bank account in England? I do not have a work permit, and the money is from selling my car here in Bangkok. Any information on this topic would be very helpful. Thank you.

Paul

Yes you can send it by bank transfer, the problem sending money out of Thailand usually comes with the declaration you have to send the BOT declaring why you are sending money out..for THB 300,000....if you never brought it in "legally", I would not be sending it all in one go, but do it over two or three transfers and declare that its for family support in the UK...

Dont believe there is a requirement that you need a work permit to do bank transfers