Looking For Good Thai Restaurant (recommendations) ?

universe2000

I am looking for some good thai restaurants or markets in the Thepprasit area. Anything off of Thappraya, Jomtien, and the Soi's off of Sukhumwit (Soi Khaotalo, Soi Norng Kraborg, etc).

I don't want to drive into Central Pattaya during the weekday and want to find a few places nearby. Anything south of South Pattaya road will do. I enjoy the market on Thepprasit which is open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A lot of good food selection at very reasonable prices (under 50 baht). The open market on South Pattaya is also good. Your welcome to recommend a specific dish that you have tried at the restaurant/market.

Thanks

There are quite a few on Thappaya Road just after the Thepprasit Road intersection.

Also Maggs on Thepprasit Road - haven't been for a while

There is also a Thai place about 2 blocks up on Thepprasit (coming from Thappaya) on the left that used to be great food and cheap.

OK, if we are talking Thepprasit Road, there is a good, large Thai oriented Thai restaurant (also Thai prices) with a quite interesting menu just to the right of the Great American Rib when heading towards to Sukhumwit. So far have only had the pad Thai with big prawns, a jungle curry, and a pork neck salad, but all good stuff.

Edited by Jingthing

two i like that are a bit westernized is Lan Bae In the shopping center behind the Hanuman [you can see it when standing at the hanuman and looking past 7-11] good food and service. a bit more expensive in Meesan outside immigration. good food and the best chicken with cashews [gai pad met ma mung?] I have had anywhere here or in the states

two i like that are a bit westernized is Lan Bae In the shopping center behind the Hanuman [you can see it when standing at the hanuman and looking past 7-11] good food and service. a bit more expensive in Meesan outside immigration. good food and the best chicken with cashews [gai pad met ma mung?] I have had anywhere here or in the states

Lan Bae I have tried it a few times and pronounce it not a serious Thai restaurant, purely for farang tastes.

Meesan is an interesting place and they generally do a good job. Their Viet style eggrolls are nice, you wrap them in lettuce leaves.