Villa Market Heading Our Way

damian

On the way past the new Home Pro Villa shopping centre just north of the Chalong Circle tonight I noticed a new sign on the pylon out the front advertising Villa Market that expat supermarket of Bangkok fame.

Pricey I know but I am looking forward to being able to purchase some of my home treats without the slog to Central or Patong i.e. that most famous of TV forum spreads VEGEMITE and Villi's pies (a wonderful South Australian product).

Their selection of meats (hopefully) and many more expat delecacies will be very welcome on this side of the island.

Scheduled opening 31 January. icon1.gif Increasein traffic jams on Choa Fa West start 31st January. icon7.gif

Lucky you. As a loyal fan of Villa when I stay in BKK (sukhumvit soi 11), Villa has what I want, although the prices can cause a loosening of the bowels at times. I rely on Patong's carrefour, which has a massive selection and is comparable. However, Villa's smaller stores give one feeling of "home" unlike the industrial walmart like carrefour with the zillion agitated shoppers. I am happy for the people that will benefit from the location. Ok, it's a wierd post, but wait until you get homesick for a product - then you'll understand. :o

Heinze Baked Beans 168 Baht....just love em :D

Ayam baked beans Big C taste the same but a bit on the BIG side 35 baht ....just love em :o

True.. All the other brands are / were awful, sweetened too much etc.. Those ayam brand ones, I doubt I could tell the difference..

the ayam beans need a bit of fine tuning to make them acceptable.

add a little decent ketchup and a generous pinch or two of strong freshly ground black pepper , two thick slices of buttered toast and you'll think you were back in batley in front of the fire on a cold january afternoon waiting for sports report.

[Those ayam brand ones, I doubt I could tell the difference..

You're kidding...........right?

Ayam beans sauce is far too sweet, but I still buy then due to price. Prompan sell for about 28 baht (last time I looked/bought). I'll look out for those Brookes brand in Makro. never heard of them.

Looking forward to Villa Market openning in Chalong .... but is it so expensive ... :o

Those ayam brand ones, I doubt I could tell the difference..

You're kidding...........right?

Well its been >15 years since I was a UK dweller so probably not the best person for a pepsi challenge :o !!

Other ones were awful.. Ayam brand seemed OK to me.. Dash of tobasco anyway, kills everything :D

Love Villa Market, my reg in BKK isin Sukhumvit on left going towards Emporium.

I like the hygiene for meat, hope it will be the same in Chalong.

Will be an asset, but must say I will still shop at the usual places in the circle precinct.

Tescos not bad, market meats a no... no....

Often have me nite meal at Rawai market, but NEVA buy meat or fish to take home.

Bit of a paradox.........LOL

As for baked beans............ braaaaaaaaaappppppp !!!!!

Edited by Zpete

Love Villa Market, my reg in BKK isin Sukhumvit on left going towards Emporium.

I like the hygiene for meat, hope it will be the same in Chalong.

Will be an asset, but must say I will still shop at the usual places in the circle precinct.

Tescos not bad, market meats a no... no....

Often have me nite meal at Rawai market, but NEVA buy meat or fish to take home.

Bit of a paradox.........LOL

As for baked beans............ braaaaaaaaaappppppp !!!!!

The Tesco Lotus at Chalong is hit and miss at the moment.The fresh meat,well nearly fresh meat is terrible.Most of the meat is well passed it's sell by date.Even my girlfriend will not buy it.About 10 items I bought last week not priced.I found out why when I got to the check out.The same items I had bought 2 days before had risen in price.Some things the same price in 7 at the moment.Not that impressed Ok for essentials that's all

i agree re the fresh deli produce. many times i went to Villa in Sukhumvit to find that the goods had been sitting there days after their use by date.

but for other things like your vegemite, barbeque shapes, tim tams (not those crap malaysian ones :o ), twisties and the like, they are great. sure, they are more expensive than 'home' but with import duties and profits to be made, its still cheaper than flying back to wherever to get them.

i think it will be a great asset to Phuket.

i agree re the fresh deli produce. many times i went to Villa in Sukhumvit to find that the goods had been sitting there days after their use by date.

but for other things like your vegemite, barbeque shapes, tim tams (not those crap malaysian ones :o ), twisties and the like, they are great. sure, they are more expensive than 'home' but with import duties and profits to be made, its still cheaper than flying back to wherever to get them.

i think it will be a great asset to Phuket.

Which Villa in S/vit?

Hope Villa takes shopping up a step.

I have shopped at Lotus in Chalong, was OK, much better than anything else in the area.

The Tesco Lotus at Chalong is hit and miss at the moment.

Roger that, there seems to be no stock control. Just back from there. All I wanted were 3 essentials .... 4 big 6L jugs of drinking water, Nestles Choc Chip ice cream, and a couple of bottles of my preferred whiskey (interesting list of essentials... :o ). No one of these items was in stock... :D Settled for Walls Choc Chip (as was on special offer) and another brand of budget (Ok, cheap) whiskey I've never seen before (Cooper). Sampling it right now .... not so bad.... :D

I can't wait for Villa Market to open .....12 days to go ...