The Thing About Thai Men

bellestar

Do it as you would in Farangland. From my experience working in an international law firm in Thailand is that socializing is similar to the West. Go out for drinks after work, go shopping during lunch in little groups. That will give you some opportunities to catch your prey. Where is your firm located near? Silom? (That's where they all are.)

my office is located in the Asok area. But I would really want to meet some locals, as I am interested to know more about Thai culture! It wouldn't hurt to get to know more Thai boys though. Any suggestions? :o

You'd like to know more about Thai culture? But in the end you'd love to meet some cheep boys for you to enjoy? It seems that you took the wrong website to look for young boys...Isn't that what you're looking for? Otherwise you'd called them men, or? Does anybody here agree with me? If not, they'll hopefully catch you with some little boys. Welcome to Thailand Hilton. Sorry to say that you must be very sick !!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly enough, there was recently a Thai comedy which had as a subplot the interesting marriage choices of foreigners in a rural Thai village... it was not particularly flattering either to the foreigners or the types of women they chose to marry.

I work with many Thais, and I can't say that the Thai women seem to be particularly 'chasing' the foreigners I work with- they're not averse or prejudiced against them, but let's just say they have a lot of other options, too. Occasionally there have been flings and marriages, but no more than random chance would favour.

I haven't been in any 'real' environment in Thailand where Thais seemed to be 'chasing' foreigners. The only places where that seems to be the rule is in certain tourist-oriented nightlife zones. In all other cases, there is a certain normal amount of interest, depending on a wide variety of factors attached to the persons involved- it usually isn't interest by 0% of people, but it's nowhere near 25% in most environments, either. Just like all normal crowds, a bell curve- a few might really love you, some will like you, many have no feelings either way, and another group might feel slight aversion.

Persons who choose to hang out habitually in places where there is apparent universal interest in them are typically deluding themselves about the motives for that interest.

Haha yes I wonder why all the women in Thailand are chasing foreign men, and do there best to stay clear of the locals... But go ahead and try it out will be fun for sure, enjoy it.

Bingo ijustwanna.... Bard, you are waaaaay off the mark....certain girls may chase after western men often for financial reasons primarily. Others fall in love with someone who happens to be western. Others wouldn't think twice about going after farang men. Girls in wetsernized areas are not typical of your average thai woman by any stretch of the imagination...I'd say the majority fit into the last category.

Edited by mssabai

You'd like to know more about Thai culture? But in the end you'd love to meet some cheep boys for you to enjoy? It seems that you took the wrong website to look for young boys...Isn't that what you're looking for? Otherwise you'd called them men, or? Does anybody here agree with me? If not, they'll hopefully catch you with some little boys. Welcome to Thailand Hilton. Sorry to say that you must be very sick !!

Might I suggest that you take your rather nasty and inflammatory opinions elsewhere? This is the Ladies forum and as such, it is a forum for women, not men to come onto making nasty accusations when it becomes pretty clear they haven't read the thread at all.

Do it as you would in Farangland. From my experience working in an international law firm in Thailand is that socializing is similar to the West. Go out for drinks after work, go shopping during lunch in little groups. That will give you some opportunities to catch your prey. Where is your firm located near? Silom? (That's where they all are.)

my office is located in the Asok area. But I would really want to meet some locals, as I am interested to know more about Thai culture! It wouldn't hurt to get to know more Thai boys though. Any suggestions? :o

umm i think you got me a little misunderstood sir. or maybe i just didn't post my thread right-- i am not looking for young thai boys, referring to toyboys or such. i am just looking forward to meet new thai friends to hopefully grasp more of the culture here.

sbk is right, you seem to haven't followed the thread enough--

If you work for a law firm in Asoke I would think there are plenty guys around in the morning on their way to work with their Lattee.....just smile, maybe when you are in 7/11...or in the elevator, you would be amazed......it is the same in Thailand as everywhere. What do you mean by "locals"....everyone that is Thai of course is "local" to Thailand.....or do you mean the poorer working class people....If you are posted to BKK with a foreign law firm I would assume you are reasonably mature in age....are you after a "toyboy"...I get the impression you are looking down at the "locals"....maybe I am wrong but just be the same as you are at home....anyone that is of your stature will speak perfect English so the language barrier will not be a problem....good luck on your hunt :D

what i meant about locals are basically Thai people in general :D i do find them very friendly, but don't worry i am not after toyboys or any of that sort. :o

I find there are alot of Thai boys around that will start talking to me, but many of them are the ones that hunt for white girls (rasta bar boys, trekking guides with good english). I think it is like the single white guys here that get followed by Thai girls seeking money who don't know how to find a nice girl. I don't want to be notch on a belt. I like excitement, but I think I will take my time finding the nice ones. After a couple mo.'s here I am finally meeting nice, intelligent people.

I find there are alot of Thai boys around that will start talking to me, but many of them are the ones that hunt for white girls (rasta bar boys, trekking guides with good english). I think it is like the single white guys here that get followed by Thai girls seeking money who don't know how to find a nice girl. I don't want to be notch on a belt. I like excitement, but I think I will take my time finding the nice ones. After a couple mo.'s here I am finally meeting nice, intelligent people.

ditto, tofugirl. all i'm after is some sensible conversation, and cutural immersion in the pipeline too :D dating is just a plus, not really the objective, though i started the thread with some queries about how they do the whole dating and relating thing here :o

Interestingly enough, there was recently a Thai comedy which had as a subplot the interesting marriage choices of foreigners in a rural Thai village... it was not particularly flattering either to the foreigners or the types of women they chose to marry.

I work with many Thais, and I can't say that the Thai women seem to be particularly 'chasing' the foreigners I work with- they're not averse or prejudiced against them, but let's just say they have a lot of other options, too. Occasionally there have been flings and marriages, but no more than random chance would favour.

I haven't been in any 'real' environment in Thailand where Thais seemed to be 'chasing' foreigners. The only places where that seems to be the rule is in certain tourist-oriented nightlife zones. In all other cases, there is a certain normal amount of interest, depending on a wide variety of factors attached to the persons involved- it usually isn't interest by 0% of people, but it's nowhere near 25% in most environments, either. Just like all normal crowds, a bell curve- a few might really love you, some will like you, many have no feelings either way, and another group might feel slight aversion.

Persons who choose to hang out habitually in places where there is apparent universal interest in them are typically deluding themselves about the motives for that interest.

Your comments are very insightful and I agree. I think the opinions on this forum are skewed by alot of people who spend time in Pattaya, Patpong, etc. The vast majority of Thai people never really interact with Falang. The tourist and other 'pleasure' industries only account for a small portion of the population. The majority of Thais don't go chasing after falang, and couldn't really care less either way.

For bellestar, I would also add some more advice. Be wary of any Thai males who are particularly interested in Falang. GirlX wrote a little post about Thai beach boys and the like. There are certain Thai males who do go chasing after Falang girls and bounce from girl to girl. Ex pat (falang) men have had a bad reputation for their treatment of falang women, but as I am neither falang or a woman, I don't really know.

Just approach it as you would anywhere else and you will be fine. Girls have no problems meeting boys in the West, and really shouldn't have a problem in Thailand either.

So Bellestar how do you qualify to come from 'the land of petty quarrels and khao man gai' - explain please?

hahaha. the land of petty quarrels part is a joke between me and my friend about the place where we lived in and i just added khao man gai because i am addicted to it at the moment :D it's just wordplay :o

^^all, are you sure about that!! I think you'll find there are still thai women in their millions who happily go for thai men :o

Haha. That's funny. A good looking, well educated westerner with charm can have his pick of women......in ANY part of the world.

A good looking, well educated Thai man with charm is limited to pretty much limited to Thais. He's totally outclassed. :D

The amount of anymosity....bordering on hatred Asian guys have towards good looking, young westerners is actually great for the ego. :D

I've experienced this on numerous ocassions from Thai/Korean/Chinese guys....for stealing their women.

Love it!!!! :D

Edited by MyKowLope

^^all, are you sure about that!! I think you'll find there are still thai women in their millions who happily go for thai men :D

Haha. That's funny. A good looking, well educated westerner with charm can have his pick of women......in ANY part of the world.

A good looking, well educated Thai man with charm is limited to pretty much limited to Thais. He's totally outclassed. :D

The amount of anymosity....bordering on hatred Asian guys have towards good looking, young westerners is actually great for the ego. :P

I've experienced this on numerous ocassions from Thai/Korean/Chinese guys....for stealing their women.

Love it!!!! :wai:

Are you sure that this animosity bordering on hatred that you have noticed from others in your presence isn't a reaction to something else? :D :D :o

MyKowLope.....I think you are my dream man. Obviously you are smart, well educated and charming westerner...and so strong to stand up those uneducated little orientals and showing them who the ladies belong to :o

ps - I don't think they dislike you because of your looks and charms. I think it's cos you are probably a***flame removed***. I think I agree with them.

• 2 weeks later...
^^all, are you sure about that!! I think you'll find there are still thai women in their millions who happily go for thai men :o

The amount of anymosity....bordering on hatred Asian guys have towards good looking, young westerners is actually great for the ego. :D

Love it!!!! :D

what do you do when the boyfriend finds you and has a 357 magnum pointed at your head?...say sorry?

idiot

Do Thai guys have "a thing" .. ? Sorry I don't want to offend any reading the topic, but I have been here 5 years, Been visiting Thailand regularly for already 10 and I haven't find ANY attractive. (that may just be my opinion) And the thing and the BIGGEST thing is that I don't find them interesting, charming, SMART.. Uhmm a guy to capture my attention must have many things really.. :o

well i went through a phase where i was attracted to some thai guys, but after many years here the cultural differences turn me off more than anything. they simply do not have the same values i do for the most part- honesty, loyalty, empathy, a curiosity about the world outside thailand, etc. and i very rarely meet one whom i can talk to on any sort of intellectual level. i have to say i agree, in general, thai guys (and that goes for the shallow luk kreungs i have met as well) got nothing on western guys for anything other than a fling.

but of course that is just my opinion. :o