Central Mall Really Looks Nice From Beach Side

MeetJohnDoe

Was taking one of my twice yearly day-time walks along the Pattaya beach malecon today around noon (and dodging countless ladies of dubious virtue standing along the footpath so early in the day) and stopped to admire the architectural design of the new Central Mall. I gotta hand it to the Central folks...they really are a class act. All there malls and stores are really first class and this one maybe the best! The design and materials used are first rate and shows what can be done with a good design team and a quality owner/developer. It will be a real benefit to our little town to have this beachside complex.

To my eyes, it looks about 70% completed so this Friday's opening will be very soft I imaging but at least folks will get to do a walkaround inside to see what it all looks like. Obviously the hotel tower portion is only just getting started.

In addition, the tower next to the new Amari tower is almost complete. Anyone know if this is a hotel or condo? There was not hint as to which from any singage outside. Again, a really cool and modern looking design. Do feel a little sorry for the Amari folks as the new tower blocks any and all seaside/beach views for all the rooms on the south side of their new fancy tower.

Was taking one of my twice yearly day-time walks along the Pattaya beach malecon today around noon (and dodging countless ladies of dubious virtue standing along the footpath so early in the day) and stopped to admire the architectural design of the new Central Mall. I gotta hand it to the Central folks...they really are a class act. All there malls and stores are really first class and this one maybe the best! The design and materials used are first rate and shows what can be done with a good design team and a quality owner/developer. It will be a real benefit to our little town to have this beachside complex.

To my eyes, it looks about 70% completed so this Friday's opening will be very soft I imaging but at least folks will get to do a walkaround inside to see what it all looks like. Obviously the hotel tower portion is only just getting started.

In addition, the tower next to the new Amari tower is almost complete. Anyone know if this is a hotel or condo? There was not hint as to which from any singage outside. Again, a really cool and modern looking design. Do feel a little sorry for the Amari folks as the new tower blocks any and all seaside/beach views for all the rooms on the south side of their new fancy tower.

These same folks are going to build another mall across from Big C in Korat. Great designs.

Barry

Thanks for that note, John. As I rarely go down to Beach Road, I wasn't aware that the new mall will be opening on Friday. I may have to venture down to check it out.

Any hints on a place to park a "minority vehicle" - one with 4 wheels?

with a car far away and take a baht bus...........thats what i do unless i have my motorcyle

Thanks for that note, John. As I rarely go down to Beach Road, I wasn't aware that the new mall will be opening on Friday. I may have to venture down to check it out.

with a car far away and take a baht bus...........thats what i do unless i have my motorcyle

Actually, my current first choice for anything close to the Walking Street end of Beach Road is in the garage at the Garden Mall. Seems pretty safe; and keeps the car cooler.

I was wondering, though, if the new mall will have a garage. It seems that such a large project would include a garage.

There is parking. I heard some of the owners on the low floors and on the wrong side of VT6 are a little upset that not only do they lose their views, they will also overlook a car park which will make the opening of windows a health hazard.

That could apply to anywhere in Pattaya, and i dont mean just exhaust fumes!! :o

Actually, my current first choice for anything close to the Walking Street end of Beach Road is in the garage at the Garden Mall. Seems pretty safe; and keeps the car cooler.

I was wondering, though, if the new mall will have a garage. It seems that such a large project would include a garage.

There is supposed to be parking for up to 2,000 cars.

Yes, as posted, there is a parking garage for something like 2000 or 3000 cars. However, I tend to avoid parking in garages in Thailand if I can help it the wait to exit can really back up due to the delay in merging into traffic when leaving a garage.

I would look for parking I would look anywhere in North Pattaya (along 2nd or Beach Road from Central to North) and then baht-bus or a nice stroll to the shopping mall.

Have to agree the place looks good, at last Pattaya has a reasonable looking building! :D

Central are IMO the best of the department stores in Thailand (Anybody else remember the Central department store "war" in Bangkok about 15 years ago, end result was there Chitlom store was torched! - then very nicely rebuilt.

Was in Royal Garden today, the place looked deserted, both of shoppers and shops\stalls - wonder why? :o

they claim to have parking for 2000 vehicles in the building ,no parking .very few customers.

should have read the other posts ,see its been said before.

one thing where are all the customers going to come from?

Edited by thaimate

Yes, I agree, this is the important question going forward. Are there enough residents (both Thai and expatriate) with sufficient disposable income, and enough tourists (again, both domestic and foreign) to support such a large high-end mall.

I imagine the mall will draw residents from as far south as Rayong. However, from the vicinity north of Pattaya, the draw will be more limited because Central is also going to be opening a new mall Chonburi town soon.

they claim to have parking for 2000 vehicles in the building ,no parking .very few customers.

should have read the other posts ,see its been said before.

customers come from all over, because Big C, Royal Garden and the avenue are all boring and have only a little from everything or even nothing compared to what stores have in bangkok the central malls are all very modern and have near to everything that they have in bangkok.

this could get more popular in pattaya then all the malls here.

Yes, as posted, there is a parking garage for something like 2000 or 3000 cars. However, I tend to avoid parking in garages in Thailand if I can help it the wait to exit can really back up due to the delay in merging into traffic when leaving a garage.

I would look for parking I would look anywhere in North Pattaya (along 2nd or Beach Road from Central to North) and then baht-bus or a nice stroll to the shopping mall.

If I take the car into town i generaly park at the temple at the end of south pattaya road 10bt

For anyone thinking of going on friday 23rd this is also mardi gras belive it starts at 4pm traveling along beach rd and second rd TRAFIC CHAOS i will be on the motorbike for sure.

Another new mall, 'The Village', is also opening this week. It's located on the west side of Suk, at Chaiyapook Rd. Does anybody know much about that one?

The village is not a mall persay, it is open air, meandering through greenery and ponds, located directly at the crossroads Chaiyapruek / Sukhumvit, where the Herb garden resort used to be, not looking too promising at the moment, little take up on their units? - unlike the floating market 1k further south, it is packed out every day!!

Time will tell, it may work though as it has plenty of parking. :o

Guy's Central Plaza is a new shopping Mall being built on 2nd Road Pattaya it is having the grand opening on the 23rd of January 2009 - it is huge - and is almost complete - will be the biggest shopping Mall in Chonburi.

rgds Ned :o

Guy's Central Plaza is a new shopping Mall being built on 2nd Road Pattaya it is having the grand opening on the 23rd of January 2009 - it is huge - and is almost complete - will be the biggest shopping Mall in Chonburi.

rgds Ned :D

Ned, have you only just woke up??

:o:D