Question On Repeat Visa Applications

Hi there,

In 1997 I brought my Thai girlfriend to the UK on a six-month tourist visa. We married before the visa expired, and then divorced in 2003. She is still in the UK and I returned to Thailand in Jan 2007, where I've been since.

I'm now planning to marry my current Thai girlfriend and apply for a UK settlement visa, but I am worried how much my 'previous' will prejudice our upcoming application.

Should I make special mention of this previous relationship, or just let it be?

Any advice much appreciated,

Derker

Question 6.4.13 on the application form "Have you or your sponsor ever been married or in a long-term marriage like relationship before? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

Yes No If ‘Yes’ please provide details below"

So yes, you should give details of your previous marriage.

It should not prejudice this application, but if you don't mention it and they check then as she would have lied on the application form that would be grounds for refusal and a possible 10 year ban on her applying to the UK.

Remember to take your divorce certificate to Thailand with you as you will need it when you complete your Affirmatiom of Freedom to Marry at the embassy.

Question 6.4.13 on the application form "Have you or your sponsor ever been married or in a long-term marriage like relationship before? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

Yes No If 'Yes' please provide details below"

So yes, you should give details of your previous marriage.

It should not prejudice this application, but if you don't mention it and they check then as she would have lied on the application form that would be grounds for refusal and a possible 10 year ban on her applying to the UK.

Remember to take your divorce certificate to Thailand with you as you will need it when you complete your Affirmatiom of Freedom to Marry at the embassy.

Thanks for your reply.

I intended to declare the relationship on my application form, but I wasn't sure if I should leave it at that or whether I would be expected to go into detail seeing as she's Thai.

But having just looked at the form again I now the little box you mentioned, and that should be big enough to cover it. Didn't look properly as usual ...

Thanks again for your help