Just Had A Great Hamburger

dbTraveler

Well. i tried the chili dog/newyork dog and they still taste awesome. Good to know.

Also to whoever the old thaivisa member that was there today trying to hit on my gf saying she looks nice and showing a weak amount of baht. Might want to keep trying to impress little bargirls instead of girls who's never had a boyfriend making less than 100$ us an hour, she's still laughing at the pathetic masterpiece of a fat old dude trying to hit on a woman that's accompanied by showing 6k baht

First off this post was simply to recommend a good HAMBURGER!

2nd - I am guessing your GF works there. And I am sure her boss would think its great that her boyfriend is ragging on a customer! Thats Great for business!..... and her job!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes definitely, i'm gonna let my girlfriend work 50hrs a week to make less than 3hrs of my salary.. you're a genius brah :o:D

edit: i know my post sounded quite bad but dear god that desperate guy was funny, i only posted it because i wish i had known(and hope he'll humiliate himself here) what he said to her since it was in thai and i wasn't really listening, i thought he was talking about food or obese people with the waitress as people who speak thai usually only talk about those kind of things.

Edited by canadianmonkey

yes definitely, i'm gonna let my girlfriend work 50hrs a week to make less than 3hrs of my salary.. you're a genius brah :o:D

edit: i know my post sounded quite bad but dear god that desperate guy was funny, i only posted it because i wish i had known(and hope he'll humiliate himself here) what he said to her since it was in thai and i wasn't really listening, i thought he was talking about food or obese people with the waitress as people who speak thai usually only talk about those kind of things.

When you get your Foot out of your mouth you should try a good Hamburger!

I still don't know if this is the Steve-O (A Yank from Arizona) from Patong or not. Can someone ask him ? And what happened to Steve-O's (formerly Scottie's) in Patong ?

Which Scottie's bar in Patong. The one on Sai Nam Yen ? That place was originally opened by a Scottish guy, long time ago a professional football player with one of the Edinburgh teams. I know Scottie's was bought and sold many times over the years, now lost the Scottie name. Where does Steve-O figure in all that ?

Sorry folks, off topic, thanks for that LivinginKata, Scotties Bar, Patong, 1998/9, great memories and a great bloke - Scottie

I'm asking because I had Scottie's Bar for six years 2000-2006 and sold it to Steve. Last I heard of the original Scottie (who played for Leicester City) he was in a nursing home in Perth,

Can someone get me Steve's current email ? And can someone tell me what's happening to Scottie's. 200 Sai Nam Yen.

Can someone get me Steve's current email ? And can someone tell me what's happening to Scottie's. 200 Sai Nam Yen.

Just 20 minutes ago I saw the guy I think is Steve sitting at his burger place ... one his own, no customers. He's wearing the Steve-O restaurant T-shirt.

P.S. Quite right, Scottie moved to Leicester City FC. Way back in 1997/8 he was hospitalised in Bangkok, in ill health due to heavy drinking. He sold the bar about then, and bought it back soon after.... at a profit :o

Edited by LivinginKata

I'm asking because I had Scottie's Bar for six years 2000-2006 and sold it to Steve. Last I heard of the original Scottie (who played for Leicester City) he was in a nursing home in Perth,

Hey Bob will try to get Steve's Email for you. Scottie's bar is now call THE BAR and as far as i know a English guy has got it.

I have not seen Steve for a few months but i will have a run out to this burger place and see if it is him.

C'mon now, I'm not that fat...............

I had heard there was a new owner of Big Mikes Hamburgers (Chalong Circle) so i went to check it out. I have to say it was the best burger I have had in Phuket. The new owner has made some changes. The quality of meat is better. the burgers are bigger. The fries were the same (good) but he says in a few days he will have new fresh cut fries. Personally the thing I liked the most was the burger comes with a deep fried onion ring. If i remember correctly the new name will be "Steve 0's"

Got to agree the burgers are spot on.

Just had lunch at Mike's/Steve-o's today. I was the only customer. The cook/server looked like she wished she was somewhere else, so no cheerful service. I wanted a plain beef burger, but that was not listed so had a 100 baht cheeseburger. The bun was fine, the burger too dry with no taste of seasonings, sliver of cheese :D , and I had to ask for the inclusive onion ring, which was as good a taste as before. Verdict ... not worth going back .... :o Nothing special. Too many other places with better service, better tasting burger, better value for money.

Just had lunch at Mike's/Steve-o's today. I was the only customer. The cook/server looked like she wished she was somewhere else, so no cheerful service. I wanted a plain beef burger, but that was not listed so had a 100 baht cheeseburger. The bun was fine, the burger too dry with no taste of seasonings, sliver of cheese :D , and I had to ask for the inclusive onion ring, which was as good a taste as before. Verdict ... not worth going back .... :o Nothing special. Too many other places with better service, better tasting burger, better value for money.

Any place in chalong/laguna/phuket town?

Well. i tried the chili dog/newyork dog and they still taste awesome. Good to know.

Also to whoever the old thaivisa member that was there today trying to hit on my gf saying she looks nice and showing a weak amount of baht. Might want to keep trying to impress little bargirls instead of girls who's never had a boyfriend making less than 100$ us an hour, she's still laughing at the pathetic masterpiece of a fat old dude trying to hit on a woman that's accompanied by showing 6k baht

This is what I really love about this site. Everyone is a critic. But most of you wouldn't know good food if it fell out of the sky, fell on your face, and started to do the hustle.

I have had everything and it is allpretty good. As far as Living in Thailand, I love to have a burger or a coney dog every once in a while because when I eat Thai food, well let's just say I barely make it to the hong nahm sometimes.

4 day old Dead Sand Crabs on unripened papaya, burning so hot! Yeah right, that's why I am here. I wouldn't trust the thai's to make my bed.

I think we should have more places like Mike's Steve-O's.

you just mentioned a corn dog?

WHERE?

big mike's doesnt have them.. i keep seeing them on TV and i have been starving for one for more than a year..

No, he mentioned Coney Dog. Like Chili Cheese Coney, or Coney Island Hotdog. It is how they called in America. The big place just south of Canada.

In Pancake Batter, instead of water, use Sprite. Stick a stick in the end of the dog, and dip in the batter, let dry 5 min, and dip again and then deep fry until brown. Garnish with Mustard!

todd

Best burger I have had in Thailand is in Udon Thani at a franchise SIZZLER huge good tasting at the complex in middle of town

But it was western price if I remember about 300 BAHT but if you are hanging out for a burger in issan country its worth every cent

Best burger I have had in Thailand is in Udon Thani at a franchise SIZZLER huge good tasting at the complex in middle of town

But it was western price if I remember about 300 BAHT but if you are hanging out for a burger in issan country its worth every cent

That's really handy to know on the Phuket Forum ... :D And 300 baht for a burger in Udon Thani ... hard to believe ... :o unless 5 star hotel restaurant, that I can believe ... :D

Finally I did stop there today for having a cheeseburger:

-the young man(with the tattoes) was very friendly.

-but they need a bit more of training when cooking/preparing the food.

-instead of reading cartoons they should keep an eye of cleaning the tables, equipment inside the kitchen etc.

-exhauster looks very greasy...

-deepfryer runs all the time at highest temperature(without any customers), dark oil and oily french fries...

Gerd

Finally I did stop there today for having a cheeseburger:

-the young man(with the tattoes) was very friendly.

-but they need a bit more of training when cooking/preparing the food.

-instead of reading cartoons they should keep an eye of cleaning the tables, equipment inside the kitchen etc.

-exhauster looks very greasy...

-deepfryer runs all the time at highest temperature(without any customers), dark oil and oily french fries...

Gerd

I agree with your observations Gerd.

But how was your Cheeseburger?

:o

The cheeseburger was good!

Just a bit too long on the griddle(that's why I've mentioned....a bit more training)

Mr.Tattoo had to cut the patty nearly into 2 halfes to check if it was done...

I am not blaming them, overall they did a good job, just give them a bit more training and keep the place cleaner.

Gerd

but i have changed my mind. on the way to nai harn beach, next to the petrol box before the 7-11 there is a restaurant called "hen chef".

Is that before the lake, or after the lake. I don't know this 7-11. More directions, thanks.

ITS ON SAI YUAN ROAD IN RAWAI. 100 METRES DOWN ON YOUR LEFT HAND SIDE

COMING FROM NAI HARN.....AND IT IS VERY GOOD.LOOKS A BIT LIKE A PUBLIC

LAV BLOCK (THE BUILDING ITSELF THAT IS) BUT THERE ARE TABLES OUTSIDE OF

THE BUILDING. ITS A GOOD FIND.

• 2 weeks later...
I had heard there was a new owner of Big Mikes Hamburgers (Chalong Circle) so i went to check it out. I have to say it was the best burger I have had in Phuket. The new owner has made some changes. The quality of meat is better. the burgers are bigger. The fries were the same (good) but he says in a few days he will have new fresh cut fries. Personally the thing I liked the most was the burger comes with a deep fried onion ring. If i remember correctly the new name will be "Steve 0's"

Yep, you are correct the new name will be Steve O's. Steve (the new owner) Is an American (I guess someboby has to be), and yes It Is the same Steve who had a bar In Patong. It was on the Sai Nam Yen Road, and was formerly know as Bob's bar. Then Steve bought It, ran it for several years, and then sold up. He went back to the states for a few months (not Cambodia), and has now returned. The Patong bar Is now run by an English guy called Allen, who has since renamed It 'The Bar'.

Edited by patong6